Author Topic: Beauty and the Beasts  (Read 2482 times)

Offline Savaaha

• Female
Beauty and the Beasts
« on: August 11, 2004, 04:45:15 pm »

Mom and I went to town today and way out in a pasture full of angus/beefmaster bulls there was a little spotted white tail deer fawn. He was bounding happily from bull to bull. One would groom his face,the other just butted him away. Id never seen such a thing. The fawn looks a couple months old. I believe his momma is the doe we see out there alot. We didnt see her today tho. We watched til the bulls left out to the pond, fawn right on thier heels.

Offline KiyoshiAkita

• Mister Donkey
  • Male
Beauty and the Beasts
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2004, 02:48:41 am »
hmmm...interesting....I've never heard of bulls and deer getting along, especially not grooming one another.....well, I guess there's something new everyday
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." - Edward Hoagland

Offline Sporty Fox

• Male
Beauty and the Beasts
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 10:22:04 am »
Around here you see the deer out in the cows regularly, 'specialy come fall (hunting season). They know they're safe in the herd and the cows don't pay them any mind. Love the pic, I guess because I see it all the time I've never thought how unusual it appears on film.
"I'm no longer active here but those wishing to contact me can thru e-mail or my LJ. Please note that I cannot receive or respond to PM's sent thru Furtopia."

http://sporty-fox.livejournal.com/