furry arts discussion > fursuits, plushies, and costuming

If I start now, will I finish by Octorber 31?

(1/2) > >>

Lexington the wolf:
I want to make a fursuit for many reasons, but right now I want to make it for halloween. This is because I still hide any sign of furry from everyone that is not a furry. I thought that the only way I would be able to make a fursuit would be to say I wanted it for halloween. I am afriad they might suspect something if I started to make it at any other time. So now I'm wondering if I start now, on a full body suit, will I finish in time? I know where to get everything and about how much it will cost. I have some idea on how to put it together. Now I need an expert opintion.
        Many Thanks,
Lex the wolf

Chaz_wolf:
Well Lex,

If you worked on it really hard you might be able to do it. It depends on how detailed you want it to be.

I assume you are making a normal wolf type suit for yourself. So I would sergest you start looking for fur.. that will be the most exspensive part of the suit.. and will cost approx $500.00
If you need fur I can get you some.

Then you need to find yourself a patten. I can give you some patten numbers that you can get from Wal-Mart or Jo-Anns for a basic body fursuit..

Hope this helps.
If you need more help, just ask.

Your folfy furend
Chaz

Lexington the wolf:
500.00 dollars?!?    Whoa! If I had that much money I would instanty go down to Curciut City and buy a new computer. I have already found everything I need and my estmates were only in the 80.00 dollar range for the whole thing. The only problem is nobody has enough of the fur I want.  
   But I won't stop looking.
 Thanks Chaz, I didn't know I could go to Wal-mart, I'll take a look.

Lex the wolf

naquadria:
If your looking for fur there is a place online called Mendels faux furs.  They have some nice stuff.  It's kind of expensive though

here's the link:Mendel's- Faux furs

Lexington the wolf:
Thanks for your link, Naquadria. It will help later when I update my suit. Right now I'm only makeing a base suit.
(All one color and made from really cheap stuff)
Once that is done I will quite definetly go there agian to get some of the  patterns I saw there.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version