Author Topic: Sea bound souls (Pirate RP) (IC)  (Read 12352 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Sea bound souls (Pirate RP) (IC)
« on: December 12, 2016, 10:17:34 pm »
Some of you may remember more clearly, but those of you who don't, you get a rude awakening as a wave washes over the deck of The shameful hanged. Your last memory was that of a smoky tavern, and a lot of drinks. And a call for a crew that you signed.
It's not a ship you've heard much about if you've heard about it at all, not out of mystery, but rather a lack of importance. Either way though, you look to be far out into open water, and you aren't THAT good at swimming, so for the time you're stuck here. It's not so bad. The sun is warm, the waves are calm, and a good wind fills the sails. One of the crewmates is going around waking people up, he's an otter, fairly large, but his muscles ripple from his long life aboard the ship. "Oy, yer, already awake? Well, get up, yer not gettin paid t' be a barnacle"

Jager, you've been ordered to pilot the ship until the navigator is awake and ready, then leave it off to another crew member while the two of you meet up with the captain.

Shift, you've been ordered to report to the first mate...whoever that might be.

Foxy, you've been ordered to report to the ship's carpenter and get underway with whatever he tasks you with for the time being, until the navigator summons you.

Jack dawson, you've been ordered to find the gunner and assist him.

Gorrum, you've been ordered down to the galley, where the cabin boy will assist you in familiarizing yourself with the galley and help get dinner started.

All of you have been ordered to NEVER disturb the captain, unless you have orders to do so, or are the first mate.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Shift

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
Re: Sea bound souls (Pirate RP) (IC)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 09:46:40 am »
Shift lets out a grunt and tilts his head to the side, letting out a sigh as his neck cracks as he looks around the open layout of the ship. Noting as all the other new crew members get around to what they are supposed to, he steps away from the railing and looks around "seeing as they were already at see, and the captain had orders out to not be disturbed, i am going to assume the first mate is handling the ship" he thinks to himself. with a nod he steps forward and walks along the length of the boat to the helm of the ship.

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:17:01 am »
Jager's unwavering, unsettling red gaze calmly moved over the ship as the crew as they stirred to life and began on their tasks, finally settling on Shift as he approached. "The captain is waiting to speak with us." He said in a voice like silk, well spoken for a pirate. He motioned Timothy over with one hand. "you, hold the helm steady until we return. If we go off course at all, I'll personally see to your punishment."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 11:10:39 am »
Timothy squeaked in surprise, almost dropping the sack of potatoes he was struggling to drag across the deck "S-sir, I've already been ordered t' elp th cook" he looked nervous about questioning the order.
(as a side note, all the characters named in the OOC aren't the only crew on the ship, you can order an unimportant unnamed character to fill your post)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 04:16:08 pm »
"Be on your way, then. Quickly." Jager said with a chuckle, waving dismissively in Timothy's direction, and waving another crew member over. "you. Did you hear what I told him?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 05:13:03 pm »
"Yes sir, I'll take the helm"  He was a shortish, but stout and wide otter "i won't disappoint you sir but ah...When will we see the captain? I don't seem to recall ever meeting him"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »
Jager smirked at the pronoun the otter used and shook his head. "the captain will meet you when ready... You should hope it's just to meet you."

Offline Shift

• Species: Wolf
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2016, 06:17:13 pm »
Shift chuckles softly as he watches the odd heron delegate before nodding towards him respectfully as the otter takes the helm " shall we go then?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2016, 06:29:35 pm »
"Aye..." Jager said, leading Shift to the door of the captain's quarters and knocking. "Captain, I've brought your new navigator, Herr Shift..."

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 12:20:57 am »
Jack grumbled when he stood up. His back was stiff as stone and did not agree with him. He stretched and it popped and cracked several times, satisfying him greatly. He grabbed his hat off the floor and caught a whiff of his breath. "Never having that again," he mumbled to himself as he fastened his hat.

Once he was on the deck of the ship, he looked around for the gunner. After a few moments, he spotted him and made his way over.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 10:49:19 am »
Gorrum woke up steadily, his body reacting much faster than his mind but soon to catch up. He swung out of his resting place and gave a quick stretch of the arms, getting used to the new sleeping arrangements before getting a feel for the ship, looking it over and enjoying the familiar rocking of the waves and the salty air. Soon he walked down to the Galley and looked the place over, seeming satisfied with what he had to work with, he began arranging the pots and such in sometimes strange but obviously systematic ways. The knives were on the right, spoons and such on the left, pots arranged in line and fitting smaller ones, spices and seasonings lined up in view overhead, everything in a place of easy accessibility and use. With that done he set about to actually cook up some simple things, mostly prep work for a hearty yet simple stew.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 07:21:55 pm »
A soft grunt came from inside the cabin, and  the sound of muffled footsteps. A soft voice called out after a moment, almost drowned out by the normal din of activity aboard the ship "Enter, close the door behind you"
______
Quinn was occupied, bent over a cannon cursing repeatedly with one arm shoved down the barrel "whaddya want lad? m' busy here I am!"
________
"Sir, the captain's ordered me to show you around the kitchen, and t' ask you t' prepare som'thin nice tonight, t' liven up th' crew for the voyage ahead" He was still struggling with the potato sack, dragging it behind him. "I've also been ordered t' elp you make dinner"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 08:04:57 pm »
Jager gave a nod towards Shift and opened the door, stepping aside to let him enter the room first, then closing the door behind them. "what exactly did you need both of us for, Kapitän?"

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 08:14:35 pm »
"I can see that," Jack said, eyeing the cannon. "I'm 'sposed to help ya. Whaddya need?"

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 08:15:02 pm »
Gorrum nodded understanding the gist of the order. "And did the captain order something special for himself as well?" He asked curiously. "Or should I just assume something about a man I know near nothing about?" He reworked some of the set up he had, taking a few seconds to think about what he could do with the things he was already working on. "Either way, start peeling them spuds."
Mate of WereCat

Offline midnightparadox92

• Species: fox-dragon
  • there is more than one reality.
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 11:56:00 pm »
wakes up late. " ah! oh." rubs head because of a headache. "what did i miss?" thinks to self, i hope not much. remembers my post and remembers everything except what i missed.
not many understand that reality...it's all fake...

Offline midnightparadox92

• Species: fox-dragon
  • there is more than one reality.
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 11:57:03 pm »
starts for the carpenters and wonders what's going to happen and what i'm needed for. knocks on the carpenter's door waiting for a response. tries to think back to what happened the night before. " what happened? i can't remember a thing from last night."
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 12:30:37 am by midnightparadox92 »
not many understand that reality...it's all fake...

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 12:21:53 am »
(midnight, you're going to need to do better than that. Like I said in the OOC, clean up your spelling and grammar)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 06:22:57 pm »
"The capn' eats what th' crew does sir! Capn' skye rarely eats a special meal, not too good for th' crew no sir!" he seems happy to help, bustling around helping, until he was ordered to peel potatoes. He was scrawny, and as he peeled, looked at the potatoes hungrily.

"I need a damn better cannon s' what I need, bloody ball is stuck an' the dang things rusted in place" he grumbled and shoved his hand deeper down the barrel "who are yeh'?"

"ah, Jager Crew's up?" she stepped out from behind her bad, her shirt slipping down just in time to make her decent "Good, I wanted to discuss plans for the voyage with you"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2016, 07:45:19 pm »
"the crew ist awake, yes..." Jager said with a nod, smirking at the quick save by her shirt. " let us discuss our plans, then, Frau Skye... "

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 12:05:08 am »
"Fair enough, perfectly reasonable that be." Gorrum said with a yawn. "And if you eat sometin 'for the meal be done, tis your hide I'll tan." He lightheartedly said. "Not good to be chewing the fat 'for the main corse be done see? 'Sides, be plenty of food today, nothin that won't see use in my kitchen, 'cludin the folks in it so pay attention. I be not a man to repeat things." From there Gorrum seemed to talk aloud quietly to himself, discussing if he should take the sliced meats back out after simmering to enjoy with the bread and stew or leave it in for more flavering. "Boy, what be your name? I least like to know a fellas name if he be workin by my stove."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Doc

• Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 01:17:03 am »
"The name's Jack, and you're outta luck. I don't have a cannon lyin' around." He started searching the nearby area for something stiff. After a few moments, he found an iron rod between some barrels and the railings. "What I do have though, is this." Jack presented the rod to Quinn. "Get yer hand outta that and jab it with this. Rust aint something you can get loose by pushin' on it."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 06:12:18 pm »
He gulped, going back to peeling potatoes "M' names Tim sir"  He was making quick work of the potatoes, a little sloppy, but he seemed to be somewhat used to the work.
_____
"I know my way around a bloody cannon" He glared and took the rod from Jack hammering fruitlessly for several minutes before frowning "Aye...I really di'na  want to do this" he pulled a small flask from his pocket and kissed it.
_____
"There's a merchant ship leaving from Spain in a few days" she gestured lazily at the chart "we're behind them no matter what we do, but if luck is on our side, we should be able to sink them in the shallower waters of the islands. It's going to be a long voyage, but they're heavily laden with supplies" she frowned "there's an easier target we can go for though, an envoy from the far east is supposed to be heading to England"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 11:50:21 pm »
"your crew ist... new at the best..." Jager said thoughtfully. "the easier target would be the best bet for them... as much as it pains me to think of passing up the loot..."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 05:57:44 pm »
"Well Tim, while I may not be much for flapping my lips, if ye got a question then ask." Gorrum explained as he started slicing meat carefully and thinly to throw in the stew. "I won't be biting yer head off, but a stupid question be gettin a like answer." About then was the time he set some pots of water to boil. "Well less see...ah." Gorrum muttered as he grabbed some other ingredients and started cutting those.
Mate of WereCat