Author Topic: The "Good News" thread.  (Read 132326 times)

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Re: The "Good News" thread.
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 08:39:54 pm »
After 55 hours, my house has power again!

Apparently, the power lines in my town were not prepared for 8 inches of snow.  On the bright side, it's actually been kind of fun hanging out at my sister's apartment during the day for warmth and internet, followed by huddling by the fireplace with candles and flashlights at night.  That said, three days of my house getting progressively colder while the interior of the refrigerator got progressively warmer is definitely enough.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 09:21:25 pm »
Apparently, the power lines in my town were not prepared for 8 inches of snow.  On the bright side, it's actually been kind of fun hanging out at my sister's apartment during the day for warmth and internet, followed by huddling by the fireplace with candles and flashlights at night.  That said, three days of my house getting progressively colder while the interior of the refrigerator got progressively warmer is definitely enough.

This is why every household should have a generator. Yes, a generator is expensive, but it'll more than pay for itself the first time it stops the entire contents of your fridge and freezer from going bad. x_x

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 09:40:30 pm »
OMYGOSH!!! :D My parents just got done buying my birthday present. :D It won't come in for another two weeks, as they bought it online and it must be shipped. BUT I KNOW WHAT IM GETTING BECAUSE THEY LET ME PICK IT OUT!!! :D You'll never guess what I got, so quiet guessing and let me tell you! :D It's :D...............Photoshop CS5.5! :D :D :D YES, I've wanted that for some time now! :D Finally! :D The power of photo manipulation is mine!!! :D I currently use Gimp. :'( But now I am getting PHOTOSHOP! :D Thank you mom and dad!!! :D I've already taken classes at school in Photoshop and I love the program! :D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 09:42:11 pm by Furryglowstick »
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2012, 07:11:28 pm »
I went out to get lunch, and I sort of got a second job there! Wasn't even planning on applying :D
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 07:14:25 pm »
I went out to get lunch, and I sort of got a second job there! Wasn't even planning on applying :D

Sort of?  :o

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:10 pm »

Sort of?  :o
"Sort of" = "really."  I asked if they had positions, filled out an application, and got hired on the spot.  Really surprised me, but I'm way happy :)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 08:05:31 pm »
What type of job is it?

Offline Leeseetsa

• La, la, la~
  • Female
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2012, 06:10:03 am »
(Off topic to the mini conversation above me) MY ORCHESTRA GOT SWEEPSTAKES!!!! :D -Does a little jigg- We are now officially the best orchestra our school has ever had! And- I didn't screw up the sight reading!!! :)
Hey, I have a DA:
http://leeseetsa.deviantart.com/

Never give up, everything you do has a reason; Never feel alone, there's always something there with you; Never feel defeated and dim, there's always a spark inside you

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2012, 06:45:39 am »
I handed in my dissertation early :) Good not to have it looming over my head any more

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Enchantingly

• Love and Light!
  • Male
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2012, 07:12:18 pm »
Good news: You're 1 person who is part of 1 planet orbiting 1 star which is part of 1 galaxy in the one universe we inhabit. DOESN'T THAT MAKE YOU WANT TO GET UP AND CELEBRATE???
"Truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just have to find the ones worth suffering for." - Bob Marley

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2012, 03:51:21 pm »
I got 2 teeth pulled at a great price! I had to drive 6 hours, but I got to go to a furmeet, hang out with some awesome fantastic friends, have an In-N-Out Burger. It was still cheaper than having it done where I live!!!  8) Also, no dry socket! :D
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »
Good News Everyone!

meeting up with a fellow fur next weekend. so glad to branch out my friendship tree again  :D
also there are a bunch of furs (myself included) to go suiting at the AFL in august  :) pretty surefire way to get on TV, not that we are aiming to.
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Loc

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2012, 04:36:18 pm »
My friend had been told he should be able to get a kidney transplant soon :)

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2012, 04:48:46 pm »
I was scouted out and given an automatic position without a single tryout on the #3 basketball team in the state!

Congratulations, Carter!  That is excellent news!  I wish you the best of luck once your season starts!

Thanks dude! This means a super lot to me. The first tournament is this weekend and I've only been to two practices :o And I had to deny 2 other teams that wanted me super bad and sent begging emails to get me to play on two teams!

That's so beast Carter! Congrats!

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »
My friend had been told he should be able to get a kidney transplant soon :)

FANTASTIC Loc!!!
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 11:23:07 am »
I got 2 teeth pulled at a great price! I had to drive 6 hours, but I got to go to a furmeet, hang out with some awesome fantastic friends, have an In-N-Out Burger. It was still cheaper than having it done where I live!!!  8) Also, no dry socket! :D
Get more rotten teeth so you can visit more often :)

Anyway, I'm working on a publication. I just barely got the proof copy, and it looks beautiful! I'm way excited to be close to finishing it.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 03:53:12 pm »
Anyway, I'm working on a publication. I just barely got the proof copy, and it looks beautiful! I'm way excited to be close to finishing it.

Ooh...  I can't wait to see that.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 06:15:03 pm »
In a stroke of good luck, I just resigned my documents for my house I'm buying at a savings of over $14,000!! :D We are also moving in sometime before May 11th. FINALLY!

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 10:34:10 pm »
I was scouted out and given an automatic position without a single tryout on the #3 basketball team in the state!

Congratulations, Carter!  That is excellent news!  I wish you the best of luck once your season starts!

Thanks dude! This means a super lot to me. The first tournament is this weekend and I've only been to two practices :o And I had to deny 2 other teams that wanted me super bad and sent begging emails to get me to play on two teams!

That's so beast Carter! Congrats!

Wow, people are impressed! (: thank you!

Good news: we got second place (still really good) last weekend in a state basketball tournament with thst team and i got to play quite a lot :D
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #69 on: April 27, 2012, 09:09:05 pm »
I got the lead role in my school play! The other day we had the auditions for our school play "Willy Wonka" and I completely PERFECTED the part :D all my classmates congratulated me and said I'd be awesome at this. Plus it's my first year performing in drama :o I got to sing a lot, too (OH GOD...) but the whole play will be up on YouTube for all of Furtopia (and the world) to see when we finish!
I get to wear a freaking purple jacket baby! Youll have to call me the Candy Cat Spy now xD
Come find me! More to come!

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2012, 10:15:31 am »
I've just about finished a university assignment that I had to do that involved inter-agent communications (sort of like having different programs communicate with eachother, I suppose), currently having two of the three agents up and running. It was supposed to be a group assignment but I got stuck doing it by myself, but it's actually pretty easy so far.

Offline Loc

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2012, 12:09:38 pm »
My housemate is coming home today :). He's been in hospital for the last couple of months after he fell down the stairs.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2012, 05:10:14 pm »
I'm going to publish my first book cover very soon!!! I've basically been hired on as an illustrator for a publishing company of mainly horror books, and I'm already working on several other covers and a graphic novel, but this'll be the first to actually be published. Its for a collection of short horror stories written by previously unpublished authors, called New Blood, and my cover will even be featured in the international horror magazine The Rue Morgue!!!!!! I'm soooo excited!!

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2012, 01:45:15 pm »
I'm going to publish my first book cover very soon!!! I've basically been hired on as an illustrator for a publishing company of mainly horror books, and I'm already working on several other covers and a graphic novel, but this'll be the first to actually be published. Its for a collection of short horror stories written by previously unpublished authors, called New Blood, and my cover will even be featured in the international horror magazine The Rue Morgue!!!!!! I'm soooo excited!!

That's really neat!  Congratulations!

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »
Moving in to our new home on May 11th! And my wife got her job she wanted! :D Congrats sweetie!!