Author Topic: Shattered Earth (IC)  (Read 5722 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Shattered Earth (IC)
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:08:57 am »
"Gwynn Varnym you two are with me, we've got ten minutes to spare max so we'll stop by the mess hall and then gear up since we were needed on the ground yesterday." Jorgun made a sharp right turn as he hurried out of the briefing room towards the canteen. "Did you hear Private Morris, they've got a five meat lasagna there today. I'll try and leave you some." Jorgun let out a laugh as he clapped Morris on the shoulders before accelerating his gait.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Shattered Earth (IC)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 02:27:17 pm »
"Oh, lasagna...hooray, i'll try not to seem too enthused" The sarcasm practically dripped off of her words as she spoke. She, being a rabbit, was largely vegetarian. She power walked to the cafeteria, behind Jorgun, not wanting to miss the tim it'd take her to prepare a salad.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:11 pm »
"could be worse..." Gwynn said, walking beside Varnym. "it could be meatloaf... or whatever tgat crap is they call meatloaf..." she wasnt vegetarian, but rather omnivorous, and quickly got in line for the lasagna.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 12:42:39 pm »
"Could be worse Varnym, we could be having rabbit stew." Jorgun shot Varnym a smug grin before quickly turning back to the food line ready to pile his plate full of lasagna. After getting what seemed like an egregious amount of lasagna and smothering it in gravy he found an empty table and waved both subordinates over.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 07:50:21 pm »
she shoots him a dirty glare as she delicately prepares her salad from the salad bar. She sits down and eats delicately, but quickly...very quickly. She's actually done with her salad before Jorgun is done with his plate of "Slop"  as she calls it between bites.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:40:33 pm »
Gwynn sat down across from Varnym and ate quickly as well, albeit not quite as quickly, then pushed her tray aside and pulled out the pouch of mint leaves she kept. she took one leaf from it and sealed the bag back, beginning to chew on the fresh smelling plant as she picked her tray up and placed it in the dirty dishes.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 03:13:38 pm »
Jorgun gladly took his time with his food. "You two should have taken your time and enjoyed your meal. It's MREs for us until we get back to home base."  Jorgun quite literally licked his plate clean before letting out a deep sigh. "Alright ladies time for us to get to the hanger. Private Morris has already gotten our gear. Sniping for you Varnym and Breacher for you Gwynn if I remember correctly." Jorgun made his way to the hanger at a surprisingly fast pace for someone who ate close to three pounds of food. "Oh by the way we fly out on Sally" Sally was the oldest orbital transport ship that the CFF owned, originally designed to be dropped from a space carrier she was only supposed to be able to operate at no more that 10,000 miles above a planet's surface. However modifications have extended that ranged to 250,000 miles and as a result of these modifications she became less safe and was typically reserved for missions where no one was expected to return.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:40:14 am »
"So what the hell are we throwing our corpses at anyway?" She'd only been on one mission with sally before...And she had the prosthetic bones in her leg to prove that she'd barely made it out. Her smaller size meant she had to hit a light jog to keep up with Jorgun "In a rush to go die?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 02:06:29 pm »
"Well seeing as if they manage to put together the Fold weapon everybody dies, so it pretty much comes down to picking between certain death or a high probability of death." Jorgun laughed slightly to cover up the fact that all but one of the simulations ran in the war room ended up with them dead except for one, and even that only had a five percent chance of success. "No need to worry though, if you get hurt we'll just slap some more metal bones into you."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 06:52:38 pm »
"i have to agree with that.... high probability of death beats out certain death any day..." Gwynn said. "so long as we don't die in a ball of fire in that wonderful hunk of scrap... i can only imagine frok the stories..." she'd joined the squad shortly after Varnym's mission aboard sally, so she had never actually been on the ship.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2017, 07:31:26 pm »
"Sally's not quite a hunk of scrap...hell she's probably the nicer birds you'll fly in, fitting for a hearse" She looks up at Jorgun, his laugh seemed disingenuous "How do we even know this thing'll kill everyone if they've never made it to full scale?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 03:50:02 pm »
"A flying hearse. HA! Didja hear that Morris, she called Sally a flying hearse, probably the nicest thing anybody has said about her." Jorgun shot Varnym a sideways glance as she asked about the Fold Weapon. "Well..." Jorgun cleared his throat as he climbed aboard Sally and did a quick check making sure all the gear was stored, before strapping himself in his seat. "...We did make it full scale. The 'personal' Fold Cannons that were issued to the Experimental Divisions were just testers to find optimal energy usage. Once we found that out it was just a matter of building and testing it out in unoccupied space. The fact that it was originally headed here means it was ready for combat application."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke