Author Topic: Camera Found; no more help needed  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
Camera Found; no more help needed
« on: March 03, 2013, 04:00:56 am »
Don't know where this could go... xD; so I chose here. (Okay, I didn't look around too much)
But anyways, Hai guise! Lol, I was just wondering  xD if some of you could help with cameras here or something.

I mean like, what kind of camera do you use and do you think your camera is awesome? Especially if you like to record random things =p and throw them on YouTube. Not just taking good pictures.
Or, what kind of camera do you think is better than any other camera; Sony, Kodak, Canon, ect.?

Basically ;x I dun really know much difference with cameras and I don't want something very expensive...yes, I do have a camera of my own a "GE"? I think lol. 9.1 megapxel and 5x zoom. I think it's starting to distort what I record o.0 like the sound is a bit choppy, especially for higher pitched sounds. That's one reason I want a new camera. (I like to make random videos that no one watches lol)

If a camera was something close to $100 or less ><;; and good, that would be awesome. If not...well then x.x~ I'm going to hafta save a bit more lol, but thanks in the mean time.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 11:40:18 pm by Saiyu »

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline WhiteStorm

Re: Cameras
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:47:00 am »
I made a thread about this not long ago, which you may or may not find useful: http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?topic=45668.0

Strange coincidence, I'd looked around and found it vaguely surprising there wasn't one already, now there's already another.
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:23 am »
Don't be too surprised if your thread gets moved or merged with another thread. ;) It helps to use the Search function here.
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?action=search

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 11:02:02 pm »
Well xD ish not really a "favorite camera" thread. It's more like a "Help me find an okay cheap-ish camera" thread =<?

Nothing big and spectacular and all that jazz. I'm not really knowing like what kinda cameras do what xD; and what ever "megapixles" and whatever-time-zoom goes for. Just something that can record videos nicely (from afar even) and also take okay pictures.

So yea, thanks for the link WhiteStorm =p but mine ish a bit different lol. And thanks Kobuk as well xD for stating that search function lol.

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Mylo

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:16:48 pm »
Well xD ish not really a "favorite camera" thread. It's more like a "Help me find an okay cheap-ish camera" thread =<?

You might want to change the title of the thread then.  That way, people will know more about what the purpose of the thread is.  ;)

Something like, "Help me find a camera for around $100" would work, or you could just use your "Help me find an okay cheap-ish camera."

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 11:18:42 pm »
Haha... o-o; You're right. I'll do just that xD;! I'll use what you typed then, thanks...and whoopsies!

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
Re: Help me find a camera for around $100
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2013, 07:03:23 am »
Well, for most uses, nothing more than a couple megapixels of resolution is really even necessary. The average user would be making small 4x6" prints of a few photos, and keeping/viewing mostly on a computer or possibly a small digital photo frame. The resolution required for any of those things isn't really that huge. Resolutions higher than that typically only come into play when making large prints.

Zoom is going to be mostly a personal-preference thing. I hardly ever used the zoom on my old point-and-shoot, but it also didn't have image stabilization at all. This pretty much means that if I were trying to take a shot at full zoom, it was likely going to be blurred by camera shake unless the lighting was good enough. But fortunately, most cameras today have some manner of image stabilization in them, so higher zoom might actually be a bit more user-friendly. The real question then becomes how much you're going to actually use. I found that I was able to get away with quite a lot of things with my old camera without having to use the zoom at all.

My thought at this price point is that anything you find will be pretty much equivalent.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:25:42 pm »
Humm~ okie. Well, I guess I don't really use the zoom feature that much. Maybe a few little times a year. (Mostly at one Anime Convention) But, I do like to record a lot lol. Nyah, I guess next time I go into Walmart or something xD I'll have to pester someone by the cameras haha. And maybe my Mom will be there to help or something o-o since they'd be pretty much equivalent. Hmm thanks though Ziel. ^^

Or YouTube xD?

Offline WhiteStorm

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 12:19:59 am »
For $100 you're probably looking at stuff like this: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_a810

Either that, or you could go back a few generations and buy something used. For general use though, that may not be worth the hassle. I think what bothers me the most about cheaper digital cameras isn't so much the quality - usually they're not too bad - but having less manual control over settings. Sometimes their automatic choices will make things look terrible that didn't need to be.

Anyway, the easiest thing is probably to look at a few manufacturer websites, pick things in your price range, and then google some professional reviews of them (the sites often have user reviews, but you'll have to pick the more intelligent-looking ones. Not everyone gets a bad result because of the equipment, or on the other hand, knows how bad their result is compared to other things).
-I still can't think of anything.

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 01:01:53 am »
Lol ooh White, that link's camera is pretty interesting xD
Yeah, I think I can do that. Lot of research, should pay off a bit. I don't know o.o I hope I'm not too picky with not knowing much what I'm doing anyways. But, I'll follow that advice. So thank you for telling me to try that ^^

Or YouTube xD?

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 01:02:10 pm »
I picked up a refurbished Kodak Easyshare 12MB from Heartland for under $50. Requires an SD Card, which still puts it under $100. Also has built in flash. Better quality pictures than the Vivitar I've been using for Ebay and candid snapshots. I use a 16 GB SD card with this one.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 12:33:25 pm »
Its a crap shot but you can check around local yard sales. Sometime I can find one around $50.00 or less.

Offline Saiyu

• OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 11:39:53 pm »
Lol, thanks for all of that. Trying to help :3 and haha yard sales; would have never thought xD! But actually my Mom bought me a pretty nice camera, it was a little under $60. She found it on sale ^^ but lol, I paid her $50 'cause she asked for that much anyways.

Thanks every one =3!

Or YouTube xD?