Author Topic: Metal,Metalcore,Deathcore etc.  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Mikune

• Male
Metal,Metalcore,Deathcore etc.
« on: August 14, 2013, 02:13:11 am »
Hey there I was wondering if there is anyone else on this forum that listen to metal. If you do I'd love to hear some of your favorite bands. My fav. bands are Arsonists Get All The Girls, iwrestledabearonce, Dr.Acula, Whitechapel and Attila. Have a wonderful day! :D
Don't Tell Dave that I met The Robot With Human Hair.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
Re: Metal,Metalcore,Deathcore etc.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 07:32:32 am »
Metallica, mainly.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:45:03 pm »
Love Whitechapel!! Let's see, definitely love listening to Damon Hunter, The Absence, Alesana, Silverstein, Bullet for my Valentine, War of Ahes, Vampires Everywhere, Trivium, Scar Symmetry, Rammstein, Pantera, Obscura, Killswitch Engaged. and many many more...
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Bane_enaK

• I live and die, proud of my people gaining
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 02:46:51 pm »
Metalhead here. Not really into -core music so much (though used to, not against it or elitist), I prefer thrash, death, and black metal. My last band was a mix of those last two (blackened death metal), but I didn't really fit there. Love things from old school Metallica and Megadeth, Testament, Pantera, uhh... Warbringer is good, and I guess you could include some of Dream Theater's songs as metal (big DT fan here). In the extreme metal world, I like bands like Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder, Trivium, The Absence, Divine Heresy, some Killswitch Engage, things like that.

I also write my own stuff, mainly with Guitar Pro. Some of things are more rock/blues based, but I have a fair amount of metal riffs written out, too.

Also SeaofWhispers, some of those aren't really metal. Alesana, for example, is more post-hardcore.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 02:54:42 pm by Bane_enaK »
Mated to Arashi_Calunata

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »
I listen to all kinds of music, but metal would be my favorite... Alt, Folk, Goth, Heavy, Pagan, Power, Prog, Symphonic, and Viking metal are all in the spectrum of what I like.

As for some favorite bands...
A Perfect Circle, Aria, Chevelle, Crom, Disturbed, Dragonland, Dream Evil, Epica, Firewind, Five Finger Death Punch, Godsmack, HammerFall, Kamelot, Kipelov, Masterplan, Metallica, Primal Fear, Rammstein, Slipknot, Sonata Arctica, Staind, Stratovarius, Timeless Miracle, Tool, Týr, and Within Temptation just to name a few.
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Captain Jinx

• Male
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:38:23 am »
I was gonna say, someone here rather than me must like Five Finger Death Punch. Thank you Storm Fox  :)
Thank you so much Saiyu for the amazing avatar!

I reject your logic and substitute it with my own. =^.^=

Offline werecat2012

• Male
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 06:20:17 pm »
I'm not really familiar or knowledgeable enough to be able to tell the difference between all of the various sub-genres or if all of these bands are really metal or not. I just know that I usually prefer the catchy, melodic stuff with some clear vocals somewhere in the song and that has a big "epic" sound to it.

Some of my favorite bands are Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Slipknot, X Japan, Demon Hunter, Rammstein, Xandria, Evanescence, August Burns Red, Accept, Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and Thousand Foot Krutch.

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52:15 am »
Id say I listen  to more of the screamo genre than the metal but I'm not sure... I like Wolves at the Gate, Alesana, and Escape the Fate.
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615

Offline MiaMegurine

• Female
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »
Oh my, I am in love with these: wolves at the gate, Demon hunter, Atilla, Metallica, Pantera, A day to remember, All that remains, War of Ages, and I know this is not metal but it is alternative, I really like avenged sevenfold. I also like bullet for my valentine, rise against, alter bridge, dethklok, Black sabbath, oh boy lol I'm getting into too many different kinda of rock and metal >.< haha I got a little carried away sorry! But I've been playing the electric guitar since I was 8, and I am now 17 ^^ I love it. I may not seem like it because of my personality and such but I am a metal head haha! :3
"Sometimes our saints are sinners, they blur the lines and lead the way."-Matthew Sanders

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:51 pm »
I used to listen to this kind of music all the time.  Not so much anymore, but I still listen to some occasionally, and there's still a few bands I like; stuff like Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Metallica, Slayer, Blind Guardian, Cradle of Filth, Pantera, stuff like that.
Mate of Furenzied

I haz an FA now: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/werecat01/