Author Topic: Home Town Photos  (Read 3984 times)

Offline Natura Wolf

Home Town Photos
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:29:16 pm »
Hey everyone,

I was walking home last night from KFC (shivers) when I looked to my left and saw this stunning view of my town with the lights and the river and trees on either side, and it looks so serene and peaceful that it occurred to me.

Whether landscape or Architecture, from earth, to the night sky, everyone has something they love about their town or that one moment that they can look and see something beautiful.

So my challenge to you all is to show the things that you find beautiful about your home town.

This is mine from Inverness:

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
Re: Home Town Photos
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 06:59:09 pm »
That is very beautiful and quaint with the bridge lit up and the castle lit up also. It is almost as if they are glowing in a way.

And, Kentucky Fried Hell eh :D

I'll try and find something to post soon :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:03:06 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 07:15:55 pm »
Back when I was younger, me an my grandad used to go out walking along the super long canal, and nature trails, through woods, and fields, and rivers, and this crane has been there for goodness knows how many years, it must have been powered by coal, and used a very very long time ago to lift off cargo from canal boats, the paths along the sides of canals were often used to allow donkeys, and mules, or horses to help pull boats by a rope., and of course, just for walking access.

Either way, that crane holds many many old childhood memories, and it is now a listed landmark it's so old. It has been painted in a thick weatherproof black now If I remember correctly, and as a listed object or landmark, can not be moved or demolished, only protected :)

In fact If I recall corrctly, I believe I have some photos of me on the crane at about 15 years old somewhere on my laptop, I will have a root around tomorrow ^-^

Not very beautiful in the common conception of the word, but you have no idea how many memories it holds for me :) I remember now, every walk we ever took that way, I would sit on it for a few minutes, pull the screeching levers that still moved.

I'm sure I'll find more pictures of things and places to post too! (:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:27:12 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:08:54 pm »
Not quite a panoramic view or a view of the city skyline, etc., but a view nonetheless along the Fox River (Yes, that's the actual name of the river.) in downtown Waukesha. This pic was taken during Halloween 2006 when my friend Aloha (in the pic) came to visit me and we did some fursuiting during the holiday.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:51:48 am »
if you want something beautiful it's something you can see around the world. just go out side on a clean night and look up ^^
other than walking out side and taking a picture of the sky i don't really have anything... also what i think would look beautiful would most likely be a dam, nuclear power plant, runway, and stuff like that.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:24 am »
if you want something beautiful it's something you can see around the world. just go out side on a clean night and look up ^^
other than walking out side and taking a picture of the sky i don't really have anything... also what i think would look beautiful would most likely be a dam, nuclear power plant, runway, and stuff like that.

Architecture counts :)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 04:22:50 am »

Architecture counts :)

not that many people count it tho  :P

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 05:27:07 am »
Natura said he did ;)

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 10:23:41 am »
I did,
Arcutechture may be man made, but so's a guitar/cello/etc.  They are still beautiful and well crafted :), just as stories and other very imaginative things are :)

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2014, 01:13:27 pm »
I hope you don't mind if I join in  :-[

Here's a few pictures of Głogów:

My whole home town in a single shot (Yes, my town is very small) :

The pink bridge (tolerance bridge)

I always loved walking past this bridge. Its brings peace to me.

And the really old tower from WW1 (Still don't know the name of it, haha):

A something that I see everyday (turm reduit)

And of course, our castle (you can see the bridge in the background) :

A statue for all soldiers that died in the war:

And the field I was talking about!

I really miss my town, it bring me so many memories.  
I hope one day I will return to it, and make more pictures. I remember so many good things, the people were amazingly friendly.
I also went into the countryside near our town. I always played with my cousin in the wheat field, pretending we are wild animals haha.
I loved walking my cousin's German Shepherd to the countryside.
I have a emotional connection with my town.
Sorry for the picture overload  x_x
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 06:28:00 pm by WhiteAkitaKeiko »
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2014, 03:34:25 pm »
I did,
Arcutechture may be man made, but so's a guitar/cello/etc.  They are still beautiful and well crafted :), just as stories and other very imaginative things are :)

well it's mostly the type of Arcutechture that people don't like looking at. like power plants, factories, things like that most people don't like looking at...

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 04:53:27 pm »
My parent's wouldn't like me to tell people where I live. But.. meh ^_^ The town is Albury

A heavily photoshopped train station: (Apparently it's really bad around here. They photoshop just about everything to make it look good. Almost anything with green grass or trees is photoshopped)

The Murray river which separates the states of NSW and Victoria.

Botanic gardens: I think that picture is a bit faded. Last time I went there the grass was actually really green short cut and there weren't as many flowers.

let me fix that....Photoshopped version: That chair looks really creepy..

Main street: (I couldn't find any images that covered more of the street since they are mostly focused on 1 building)

Library/ museum (mostly a library as there is nothing to have in the museum that is actually interesting. They have a few interesting things on a rare occasion) Once again PHOTOSHOPPED! Look at those lights >.>

haha XD Talk about photoshopped. Look at this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Albury_war_memorial_afar.JPG (Notice how many times I said photoshop in one post?)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 05:13:01 pm by Sciex »

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2014, 06:04:02 pm »
Whoa Sciex, your city is very modern!
I really like the view  :D
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2014, 06:09:17 pm »
i don't like photoshop pictures that much... the original lighting and reflections look nice.

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2014, 07:01:50 pm »
Whoa Sciex, your city is very modern!
I really like the view  :D
^.^ The city I live in exists (in it's current state) because the Australian government decided to put their tax office in Albury to create employment (Also because Australia is a pretty new country so it doesn't really have any old buildings). The libraries architecture style is similar to some buildings in Melbourne. Albury is alright... They just need to watch how many trees they cut down to make housing estates. As for the view.. everything is dead most of the time. It's summer currently and we're going through a heat wave so all the grass has died and most of the trees are losing their leaves (or have already lost many of their leaves over a period of time). Gum trees are pretty boring. Their leaves are a greyish light green colour.

Here's what most of the area around where I live looks like: (high Humidity + heat + low rainfall)

Pretty boring, eh?

And here is what it looks like in New zealand forests (which I have been to): (low - medium humidity + Warm climate + high rainfall)

Then I see photos of American and Canadian forests: (No clue as to the conditions :P)

I want to go to Canada, America or somewhere in Europe where they have beautiful forests/trees. Australia is so boring ^_^ Basically the only reason it exists is because British people wanted to colonize another country once again. This time with convicts..
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 07:15:25 pm by Sciex »

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2014, 07:55:15 pm »
Some lovely scenes and pictures.

Akita your hometown looks so colourful and welcoming :D

and Sciex your town makes me think of Whim park and Ness islands
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ness+islands&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xefRUrO-BM2GhQeM4IG4DQ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=648

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 02:27:09 am »
mine is portland oregon, so here are a few ideas of what goes on there.

your standard person at christmas

from the "pill tram" going from the hospital on the hill ( forgot name)

that one sign that lights up at night

Unicycling Darth Vader upgrades to Flaming Bagpipes - Keep Portland Weird
and one of my favorites

so yea.

sound about right Acton?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:28:51 am by korvre »
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 06:18:40 am »
Holcombe Hill, and Ramsbottom, winter hill in the back. My grandad used to run all over the valley, he used to be a champion runner, 122 miles a week, on real cross country terrain, then a marathon on a Sunday if one was on. He used to have a cabinet packed to the brim with medals and awards and stuff, he hated runnng on a flat surface or track.

Winter Hill transmitting station, the U.K's tallest transmitting tower.

It's so huge you can see it almost everywhere, from miles and miles away, and at night, it has red lights running up all the way along it, you can see it from about as far away as the eye can see. ^-^

The Radcliffe crematorium memorial gardens, the picture does it no justice, its much much bigger than this, and in summer you can see the hills for miles around and as far as you can see. The big thing in the back is a big stone book, and people can have names engraved on plaques on it.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:54:50 am by The bear guy »