Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 3580 times)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
Hello everyone!
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:56:29 am »
Hi everyone!
Newbie here, so I wanted to get you all an introduction! :)

Fursona:

FarFar

Welsh Corgi, black and white, with green highlights… and a tail!

Anthro canine….sometimes feral

Male

Mischievous, playful, respectful of others, active.

Likes Coffee/Pizza, travel, the outdoors, anything canine, and all forms of relaxation!

OC..

I believe that I started being a furry at a very young age. I remember going to movies and seeing stuff on TV where animals were cast in a anthro way. I enjoyed those characters more then the others. I was drawn to the canine/dog characters and found myself more often then not wanting to be like them. Even had thoughts of asking my parents/relatives to make me some sort of outfit so I can go to the movies in it! Guess it was the start of wanting to be a fursuiter! LOL! Of course, I never asked them. I was surrounded by all things dog/canine growing up. In activities, friends, media, etc. Still am. Everything dog, everywhere. My work, my out of work activities, etc

Morphed into the scifi, fantasy worlds when life got to be difficult. Was involved in different aspects of scifi; went to a few conventions, did the cosplay thing, wrote a bit of fanfic. Saw a few furries at the events; thought it was a good thing, but I was too involved with scifi to look much more on it. Did some of the fantasy stuff; played a bit with artwork, etc. Eventually, the demands and stress of life made me put all of that in the back of the bus and I focused for the most part on my work. No time for anything else. Five/six years ago, things crashed down around me and I developed some health issues. One of the things that it made me realize is that I was missing out on much of the fun in life. Looking inward, I felt that my affiliation with animals in general and dogs/canines in particular was something that held me up during the difficult times. I feel that embracing being furry is a natural extension to all of this, plus I enjoy the freedom of expression that this culture has….so here we are!!

I like the outdoors, playing table and lawn games, and most things scifi/fantasy. I do like writing and I’m starting to get interested in creating artwork as it pertains to anthro.

IC..

FarFar enters room:  BARK, BARK, BARK!!! Hello everyone!! *wags tail in a happy manner* Hope you don’t mind me coming in! *trots across room* I looked this place up and it seemed to be a good, fun place to be! *jumps onto a chair*. I brought some treats to share! *holds out a bag of peanut butter cups*. I hope to be able to make some friends here and that we can just hang out as furries! *looks around room* Hmmmmmmm….nobody here at the moment. *jumps off of chair and heads to door*. No biggie! I’m sure I will meet up with some of you sometime. In the meantime….

WAGS and WOOFS to you all!!   FarFar
I took the red pill...

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 08:39:19 am »
*wags his tail*
Hello and welcome! You've jumped the gun on introducing yourself, which always a good thing. Here is something to give you a few rules of the forums and some of the resources available to you (aka, the Mod Post of Doom)

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Please peruse at your earliest convenience. Remember to feed and exercise it regularly.

I'm glad you've decided to take time for the more important things in life. It's a page out of the dog handbook, I know because by dog gave it to me. I hope you enjoy Furtopia. I know I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

...I should probably put that page back in the handbook. That might be why nobody else reads it  :-[
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 08:59:48 am »
Welcome to furtopia *tosses you a dirtbike
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 11:06:56 am »
Welcome to Furtopia.

I hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 01:42:24 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 03:37:42 pm »
*wags his tail*
Hello and welcome! You've jumped the gun on introducing yourself, which always a good thing. Here is something to give you a few rules of the forums and some of the resources available to you (aka, the Mod Post of Doom)

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Please peruse at your earliest convenience. Remember to feed and exercise it regularly.

I'm glad you've decided to take time for the more important things in life. It's a page out of the dog handbook, I know because by dog gave it to me. I hope you enjoy Furtopia. I know I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

...I should probably put that page back in the handbook. That might be why nobody else reads it  :-[

Hey Varg! *wags his tail*

Yeah, I'm glad that I decided to take time for the important things in life. So many of them, and being furry is now a big part of it all for me.

To get to your questions:

I came upon Furtopia a few years ago when I started to become more "serious" about becoming a furry lifestyler.

I feel like I have been a Furry most of my life; just have not been active in the fandom until recently. Have known about the fandom for years.

Fursona?......Corgi! *Bark Bark Bark!* More details are in my intro!

I like the anthro fandom for its freedom of expression and for its creativity. Oh, and most important, for its fun! I love all sorts of animals (esp canines), and I enjoy seeing the different forms that they can take in an anthro way.

Looking forward to seeing you around! *wags tail goodbye*
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 03:40:25 pm »
Hey Loc! *wags tail*

Good to see you! Thanks for the welcome!
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 03:41:15 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2018, 03:47:02 pm »

Hey Charcoal! *wags tail*

I used to ride a Harley so thank you for the dirtbike! I will try not to crash it! 8)

See you around!
I took the red pill...

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2018, 03:49:21 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia.

I hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Hey Old Rabbit! *wags tail*

Thanks for the cookie! *munch munch munch* Good stuff!  :)

Do you like peanut butter cups? I have a few if you want one!

Thanks for the welcome!

I took the red pill...

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 06:02:47 pm »

You're going to toss a dirtbike?  :o Are you crazy! Somebody could get hurt! And the new member hasn't been here long enough yet to recieve Furtopian Health Insurance.

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 06:08:06 pm »

You're going to toss a dirtbike?  :o Are you crazy! Somebody could get hurt! And the new member hasn't been here long enough yet to recieve Furtopian Health Insurance.

Hey, I can catch a dirtbike!  :D But......just in case.....is there a medic in the house?
I took the red pill...

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 08:26:46 pm »
Remember when you pay your Furtopia medical bill, they only take Old Rabbit's Cookies for payment, no personal checks! I have a stash of cookies here somewhere.

Why worry, if you don't catch the dirt bike, it will fall to the ground and, since its made of dirt, the bike will just crumble and make a mess on the floor.  Just sweep it up.

And listen to Varg.  Someone stole my  "A Dog's Handbook to Living a Perfect Life" and replaced it with the "Human Handbook of Dread and Despair".  Trust me, the illustrations in the Dogs book are much better. And the pages smell.  You know, like scratch and sniff stickers.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2018, 09:47:52 am »
Remember when you pay your Furtopia medical bill, they only take Old Rabbit's Cookies for payment, no personal checks! I have a stash of cookies here somewhere.

Why worry, if you don't catch the dirt bike, it will fall to the ground and, since its made of dirt, the bike will just crumble and make a mess on the floor.  Just sweep it up.

And listen to Varg.  Someone stole my  "A Dog's Handbook to Living a Perfect Life" and replaced it with the "Human Handbook of Dread and Despair".  Trust me, the illustrations in the Dogs book are much better. And the pages smell.  You know, like scratch and sniff stickers.

I don't have a stash of cookies just yet. I may have to borrow some of yours for the time being until I get my own!

Sweep? I will just roll in the dirt!  :D

I'm sure I have a copy of "Dog's Handbook to Living a Perfect Life" somewhere. Will have to dig it back up so I can look at the illustrations and scratch and sniff the stickers!
I took the red pill...

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2018, 02:24:53 pm »
Hey FarFar! Welcome to Furtopia, you're in good company with lots of canines here!   :D
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline FarFar

• Male
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2018, 02:58:37 pm »
Hey FarFar! Welcome to Furtopia, you're in good company with lots of canines here!   :D

Thanks Iara! Looking forward to meeting them all!

Bark, Bark, Bark!!

I took the red pill...