community group sub-forums > tech talk

Anti virus software.

<< < (2/2)

Kobuk:
I use Avast Free Antivirus. Haven't had much trouble from viruses yet. Avast seems to do a fairly decent job as long as I keep it updated every day. I can't afford to get the other versions of Avast and pay for them. I don't trust Windows Defender to handle virus and malware attacks. I always like to have extra protection with Avast or another antivirus software on my comp.

Michen_S:
My laptop should be protected by Windows Defender. I would like to have it protected by paid Malwarebytes as well against rootkits and spyware (an additional measure besides Windows Defender), but my laptop is so old that it has problems whenever it starts up the program.

Old Rabbit:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I mostly use windows 10, lately
microsoft is pushing third party virus  software. I have defender
on my desktop. I got a windows laptop a few months ago that didn't come
with defender for some reason. It was trying to get me to buy the virus
software that came with it. I will se if I can download defenderr for my
laptop. 

Movian:
yeah if you windows doesn't have AV installed it will prompt you to download an AV

however if it's prompting you to download a SPECIFIC anti virus  that's software added by the laptop manufacturer not microsoft.

Old Rabbit:

--- Quote from: Movian on November 28, 2018, 02:05:31 pm ---yeah if you windows doesn't have AV installed it will prompt you to download an AV

however if it's prompting you to download a SPECIFIC anti virus  that's software added by the laptop manufacturer not microsoft.

--- End quote ---

Yes I got the feeling it was a manufacturers plan.  Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version