Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 71503 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2020, 06:46:40 pm »
The laws of physics and why they don't work for me..... I run a large machine at work. I've run machines like this for over 25 years now. When something goes wrong it's my job to fix it. Sounds easy enough. I fought with this machine for well over two hours trying to figure out what was wrong. Did everything possible. Twice. Got to the point were i was thinking is circles. Finally gave up and asked my boss to have a look. He spent five minutes and said "What about this?". The "This" he was referring to is on the opposite side of the problem. But I tried it anyway. And it worked. We both had a good laugh about it. There was no way possible. it should not have worked. Right now your probably sitting at a desk or table. Imagine touching the left short side of the platform to the right short side of the platform. Without bending the desk. Apparently that is how my machine works. :)
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #701 on: October 01, 2020, 05:26:21 pm »
More college students not social distancing, etc. during this Covid pandemic. All they give a crap about is their stupid parties. No wonder the infection rates are going up around the country.  :goldpissed:

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #702 on: October 02, 2020, 01:21:16 pm »
I have become so trained to see red brake lights in 3 places on the rear of a vehicle.  Left,  right,  upper middle.  I almost hit someone because they stopped fast and NO lights worked.
If you can't buy a cheapie screwdriver and change a bulb,  can you drive?
I wish people had to pass an additional test to drive,  like,  are you responsible?  No worry,  soon we will have self driving cars that let everyone know where you are at all times and won't let you go of road.  I should be quiet now
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
« Reply #703 on: October 04, 2020, 02:42:33 pm »
I have become so trained to see red brake lights in 3 places on the rear of a vehicle.  Left,  right,  upper middle.  I almost hit someone because they stopped fast and NO lights worked.
If you can't buy a cheapie screwdriver and change a bulb,  can you drive?
I wish people had to pass an additional test to drive,  like,  are you responsible?  No worry,  soon we will have self driving cars that let everyone know where you are at all times and won't let you go of road.  I should be quiet now
I know. I don't understand how you can be allowed to drive but not know how to take basic care of your car. If I was in charge, I would make driving students take a mandatory car mechanics course.

Offline Hans the husky

• Species: Siberian husky
  • Male
« Reply #704 on: October 04, 2020, 02:43:56 pm »
People who think that corona rules don't apply to them but then go on to complain about lockdown.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #705 on: October 10, 2020, 03:11:20 pm »
What grinds my gears lately? Um covid and the world in general.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #706 on: October 21, 2020, 11:57:05 pm »
Motorists driving against the designated traffic flow in shopping center parking lots. Nearly collided with one who insisted on getting around me today as I tried to park in my usual spot. Then another following the same path but with both hands off the wheel to style the hair.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #707 on: October 22, 2020, 09:21:35 pm »
Does my dad count? lol

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #708 on: October 24, 2020, 02:52:23 pm »
 My lame sound system can't pound those block rocking beats. Grinds my gears.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #709 on: November 01, 2020, 07:44:11 pm »
About a half-dozen neighbors now park their cars facing against the traffic flow. Saves them having to waddle farther to reach their front door.

I shouldn't have to get out of their way when they decide to pull in or out of their spot as that could put me 51% at fault in an accident. Make an effort to park properly! It gives one an adrenaline rush when an SUV or supercab pickup rounds the corner and crosses the centerline out of habit to park--and you happen to be coming the other direction. NOT a good thing!
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #710 on: November 04, 2020, 12:08:02 am »
Migraine headaches really hurt.  Grinds my gears.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #711 on: November 06, 2020, 05:09:56 pm »
My first--and only--full-time non-contractor job came with an assigned parking spot. But since I had to use my own car on the job, someone would usually be in my spot whenever I returned to the plant. So I was always being inconvenienced and there was no penalty for taking someone's assigned spot. Some perk!
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #712 on: November 06, 2020, 06:14:13 pm »
My first--and only--full-time non-contractor job came with an assigned parking spot. But since I had to use my own car on the job, someone would usually be in my spot whenever I returned to the plant. So I was always being inconvenienced and there was no penalty for taking someone's assigned spot. Some perk!

Do you drive a big truck and have a tow strap? We had someone literally drag someone else's car out of his spot because he got tired of being walked on. :p
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #713 on: November 07, 2020, 09:04:36 am »

Do you drive a big truck and have a tow strap? We had someone literally drag someone else's car out of his spot because he got tired of being walked on. :p

Nobody seemed to care anyway. Working part-time in a public sector job now.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #714 on: November 07, 2020, 02:33:09 pm »
Had to block a phone number. At first I thought it was just a campaign calls from different numbers not leaving messages on the answering machine. Till I continued to get calls after the election was over. So I looked the number up and found over 60 calls from this one number last month. Eight calls from this same number after the election was over. Eight calls in four days. It's an unlisted number. So now they will get a message stating I will no longer except calls. If they wanted to talk they would have left a message sometime in all those 70+ calls.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #715 on: November 22, 2020, 10:51:17 pm »
Neighbors burning leaves this time of year out of "tradition". So is the $500 fine for burning within 1400' of the city limit dude.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #716 on: November 23, 2020, 09:33:06 pm »
Furry artists who are consistently late to their own streaming shows. As tonight being an example. Then never posting the finished art on their own FA account.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #717 on: December 05, 2020, 02:31:36 pm »
Blocked another phone number. Four calls in two days. Did a reverse lookup and the number isn't registered to anyone. It's not that it's unregistered or privet. It doesn't exist.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #718 on: December 05, 2020, 11:43:42 pm »
Workplace luncheons in general. Either bring a dish to pass or chip in $8-$10. Here, the maintenance staff starts a half-hour ahead of everyone else. I'm out of the plant on business and not likely to return in time to join everyone. So stuck with either lukewarm food and/or eating alone from a limited selection of leftovers. There may be enough food for a few days, but that can vary. Plus the cleaning staff is likely to be in the lunchroom tidying up and asking if I'm enjoying my lunch while I'm eating. Then there's the possibility of walking down to the lunchroom to find nothing worth the trip. I keep a backup lunch handy.

So call me anti-social, but I'll just eat my brown bag lunch at my desk and surf the internet rather than subsidize someone else's big fancy lunch.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #719 on: December 06, 2020, 05:44:50 am »
Workplace luncheons in general. Either bring a dish to pass or chip in $8-$10.
So call me anti-social, but I'll just eat my brown bag lunch at my desk and surf the internet rather than subsidize someone else's big fancy lunch.

That sounds like a godawful system to me. Bring food that everyone can enjoy or pitch in money to buy food for everyone.
What if you can't afford either? What if you bring just enough for only yourself?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #720 on: December 06, 2020, 08:48:24 pm »

That sounds like a godawful system to me. Bring food that everyone can enjoy or pitch in money to buy food for everyone.
What if you can't afford either? What if you bring just enough for only yourself?

It's not bad if one doesn't need to leave the plant on that day--which isn't often. If I can discover the sign-up list in time, then I may sign up to bring pop or chips. Just a few dollars' investment, but sometimes only the more expensive options are all that remains. And I'm just a part-timer.  It's just more practical to bring my own lunch and eat when I return to the plant, then no one need be concerned about leaving the food out for the missing man.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #721 on: December 07, 2020, 05:33:21 pm »
DVD's and Blu-rays on Amazon must be getting scarce.  :o And damn expensive too!  >:( I guess people must be buying a lot to keep from getting bored at home during pandemic lockdowns.
I tried in vain to find certain titles that would put me over the $25 limit to get free shipping, but not too high in price to break my wallet. It wasn't easy. The more scarce and limited/out-of-stock titles are, the higher in price they go.  :'(

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #722 on: December 08, 2020, 03:13:43 am »
DVD's and Blu-rays on Amazon must be getting scarce.  :o And damn expensive too!  >:( I guess people must be buying a lot to keep from getting bored at home during pandemic lockdowns.
I tried in vain to find certain titles that would put me over the $25 limit to get free shipping, but not too high in price to break my wallet. It wasn't easy. The more scarce and limited/out-of-stock titles are, the higher in price they go.  :'(

Hold off on buying them at a higher price. They all should start going down soon enough. Still waiting for a CD to go down in price. Right now the cheapest I can find it is around $40+ to about $60. That's down from around $500+. I can buy the album a lot cheaper. Still have the cassette. Thinking of taking the cassette into a studio. have them burn it to a CD for me. Not sure how much that will cost. I did get burned once.

And that is what grinds my gears....

Sepultura Morbid Visions / Bestial Devastation. I had this on cassette. Wanted it on CD. Ended up paying $50+ for it. Cheapest I could find. Two months later they came out with a reprint on CD. ...........

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #723 on: December 09, 2020, 05:12:19 pm »
Is there something about stores and restaurants where they don't have hot water in their restrooms? What the hell?  >:( Whenever I go into a restroom and need to wash my hands, there's almost no hot water coming from the faucet. Only cold water.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #724 on: December 09, 2020, 07:53:33 pm »
Is there something about stores and restaurants where they don't have hot water in their restrooms? What the hell?  >:( Whenever I go into a restroom and need to wash my hands, there's almost no hot water coming from the faucet. Only cold water.

I have heard a rumor this is to discourage use from homeless.  Assuming they may use warm water to .. get warm.. as well as wash? IDK.
Many restaurants here are turning into a place where you have to get a code to use the restroom.

What grinds my gears is that I can not get ahead in life because I am trying too hard.
(Name that tune!)