Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 71485 times)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #725 on: December 09, 2020, 09:39:08 pm »
YouTube changing it's terms to remove anything calling the election into question. YouTube had no problem with all sorts of stuff about Trump being an illegitimate president for the past four years, despite that information being found to be not true, or all the misinformation and inflammatory things this summer that fueled riots, arson, and vandalism, but now that people are questioning the election and bringing forth evidence of fraud they need to be silenced?
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #726 on: December 16, 2020, 02:36:23 pm »
People who don't "stack" shopping carts. I see shopping carts "litter" the parking lot or other places at retail locations. Usually, there's a corral where shopping carts are supposed to be stacked. Please use it!  >:(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #727 on: December 19, 2020, 08:28:20 am »
Road drinking--there's a lot of it here--and it's an expensive hobby. I'm seeing 20-ounce beer cans and those one-shot liquor bottles around the neighborhood.  On the road, and on the rail trail nearby. There's one spot along a highway entrance ramp in the town where I work with a pile of empty plastic "fifths". (There are at least three package liquor dealers w/i a mile of that spot too.)

Someone must be extremely thirsty to down a large can of beer in 30-degree weather, then chuck the can out the window of a moving car. But then, this is Michigan after all. One of my work stops where there were almost a dozen empty beer cans in the hotel parking lot--all in one area too. Maybe people are afraid to pick 'em up due to the pandemic.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:37:57 am by Rocket T. Coyote »
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2020, 08:41:13 pm »
The fact that the covid vac will be forced on me  >:(
I  have a fear of needles so yeah. I think I'd rather hold a tarantula which is one of my fears.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2020, 09:20:16 pm »
I  have a fear of needles so yeah. I think I'd rather hold a tarantula which is one of my fears.

I haven't really heard of anybody being "forced" to get the vaccine. Where did you hear that?

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #730 on: December 22, 2020, 12:57:36 am »
What grinds my gears are those hugs obnoxious Diesel trucks that people use to...get 20 pounds of groceries in.  What are those loud and stinky things for?  Do they haul tons of rock each week for a living? 
I bet people who put ships into space to explore mars etc drive small things, because they have nothing to compensate for.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #731 on: December 22, 2020, 01:02:45 am »

I haven't really heard of anybody being "forced" to get the vaccine. Where did you hear that?
Yeah I ain't heard of people being forced to get it. I suppose an employer could say that you have to get it but if you're that dead set on not getting it and you end up being fired you could sue for wrongful termination based on beliefs and say you're an anti-vaxxer.

But honestly it's just easer to get the shot.
A little tip from someone who has a powerful fear of needles and has had to be stuck more times than they can count in their lifetime, Stay relaxed.
Practice some kind of meditation ritual that will fully relax your body and mind, listen to some music, do something that will really relax you. Tensed muscles offer more resistance to needles and that makes it hurt a heck of a lot more. If you're relaxed then the muscle puts up little resistance and the needle can go in easily and come out easy too and you won't feel as much pain.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #732 on: December 22, 2020, 01:19:47 am »

Yeah I ain't heard of people being forced to get it. I suppose an employer could say that you have to get it but if you're that dead set on not getting it and you end up being fired you could sue for wrongful termination based on beliefs and say you're an anti-vaxxer.

A little tip from someone who has a powerful fear of needles and has had to be stuck more times than they can count in their lifetime, Stay relaxed.
Practice some kind of meditation ritual that will fully relax your body and mind, listen to some music, do something that will really relax you. Tensed muscles offer more resistance to needles and that makes it hurt a heck of a lot more. If you're relaxed then the muscle puts up little resistance and the needle can go in easily and come out easy too and you won't feel as much pain.
To chime in.. yeah Kay is right of course.
relax, let the shot happen and go home.  More to worry about in life, like that car that will hit and kill you in 15 years and you never saw it coming.

I used to get shots that i couldn't feel because the nurse was called "the human mosquito" , which was a compliment.
So some people are better than others at giving it.
Also use a meaty muscle, if you are boney, yeah it can suck.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #733 on: December 22, 2020, 01:12:11 pm »
Ive been with the same company for 25 years now. As a Christmas gift I got a ham. I got a ham. I smiled and did all the polite things wile I received it. it's a gift. But after 25 years you would think folks would remember I'm allergic to pork. I've already gifted it.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #734 on: December 22, 2020, 04:09:47 pm »

To chime in.. yeah Kay is right of course.
relax, let the shot happen and go home.  More to worry about in life, like that car that will hit and kill you in 15 years and you never saw it coming.

I used to get shots that i couldn't feel because the nurse was called "the human mosquito" , which was a compliment.
So some people are better than others at giving it.
Also use a meaty muscle, if you are boney, yeah it can suck.
Dad told me if I want to go back to work I'd have to get it and since he's getting it, I'm getting it too. With dad I never get a choice weather or not I get it. And yes I'd love to take care of cats again but if everyone else is getting it, I can't really pass on the virus(I'm more a carrier). And having to get it twice?! Isn't once enough? And why haven't we found a different way to vaccinate? Like a non painful way? One that doesn't involve needles?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #735 on: December 22, 2020, 06:14:03 pm »
Dad told me if I want to go back to work I'd have to get it and since he's getting it, I'm getting it too. With dad I never get a choice weather or not I get it. And yes I'd love to take care of cats again but if everyone else is getting it, I can't really pass on the virus(I'm more a carrier). And having to get it twice?! Isn't once enough? And why haven't we found a different way to vaccinate? Like a non painful way? One that doesn't involve needles?

Yes, there are some places that will demand that a person get the vaccine. It depends on what type of job a person has, where they work, what their work policies are, and any other factors.
People need to get vaccinated twice. From what I've heard, the first shot is only about 40-50% effective. Then about 2-3 weeks later, a person gets a second shot which brings the effectiveness up to about 95% or so.
A non-painful way? That only exists in STAR TREK with hyposprays.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #736 on: December 22, 2020, 08:01:56 pm »
There was a non-painful way in development years ago.  It was a small patch with micro needles on it all very short, and they sat on the skin for a day.  The patch would slowly inject through those little needles the medicine or vaccine.  I do not know what happened to this idea.

One can always snort a vaccine, but those are usually LIVE vaccines or partly active anyway, and that is not my idea of fun.
Sadly, laws of science often dictate that we do what we do, because it works, not because it is easy.
So far as I know there is no way to get into outer space except a huge powerful rocket.  Costs money, loud, big, etc... why can't we levitate?
Science doesn't allow it.

I think the oldest known vaccine was a cow-pox vaccine.  People who milked cows could get cow-pox and were lightly ill, but were then immune to the deadly small-pox  (and that is still the case today!).  The cow pox pustule was popped on a sick cow using a thorn or needle.  The thorn/needle was actually partly hollow, so it took up some of the cow-pox virus.  This thing was then jabbed into a persons skin.  The cow-pox was close enough to the small-pox virus in terms of its outer protein structure that the body learned from the cow-pox and was ready for the more deadly small-pox.  I believe this was discovered by Pasteur.

So see this poking the skin thing is as old as time.  Think of it as an ancient initiation ritual. Like a tattoo or piercing.

What grinds my gears is that I am losing my ability to see the computer screen well enough to do my job, and there are no computer chairs that don't hurt my butt.

(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #737 on: January 12, 2021, 11:40:43 pm »
No motorized vehicles are permitted on the local rail trail--it's posted. Yet I've seen studded tire marks from dirt bikes in the warm months. Since the snow season, ATV and snowmobile traffic has been evident. Also an automobile--possibly police.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #738 on: January 19, 2021, 08:31:34 pm »
That child actor who starred in "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York" wants Donald Trump removed from the film.  >:(
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/entertainment/home-alone-2-trump-trnd/index.html

I don't like Trump as much as the next person, but I am sick and tired of movies constantly being edited because some people don't like something in them.   >:(
So I made a mad dash to try and find a DVD copy to buy in case Warner Bros. ever does decide to edit Trump out in future DVD releases of the film. If Warner Bros. ever does do the editing, then all the previous copies with Trump in the film will then become collector items. ;)
Found 2 DVD copies of the film at a used book/DVD store. One for myself and one for my mother.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #739 on: January 21, 2021, 01:03:22 am »
 Distracted drivers grind my gears
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #740 on: January 26, 2021, 03:06:55 pm »
The plow guy is here plowing the apartment parking lot. But I guess some people don't care or can't be bothered with to move their cars. Guess they'll all end up getting a $75 fine from the apt. manager for not moving their car. Sucks to be them.  :D

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #741 on: February 01, 2021, 08:23:24 pm »
Neighbor's dog snarling in their yard after midnight each time they let it out to do it's business.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #742 on: February 14, 2021, 11:58:19 am »
A coworker who usually plays a country station on his shift, switched to a "soft rock" station (not a better choice IMO), and several of the tunes played are country songs anyway. One by Faith Hill, for example.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #743 on: February 20, 2021, 12:34:18 am »
People walking in the traffic lanes of city streets when there's a functioning sidewalk nearby. If there's more than one, then they walk side-by-side and take up as much room as a car. Thus forcing motorists into the oncoming traffic lane.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #744 on: February 23, 2021, 07:30:24 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/23/politics/ron-desantis-rush-limbaugh-nikki-fried/index.html

I can understand and support lowering the flag for a fallen police officer, firefighter, and even a military person. But for a radio talk show personality? Gimmie a break! The guy doesn't deserve it. What the hell did he do for this country to deserve such an honor?  :goldpissed:

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #745 on: February 24, 2021, 10:37:12 am »
People who don't use a bathroom vent fan , and it is there, and they make a stink.
I mean, flip the switch BEFORE you start your business!
Don't fill the house with the smell, and that spray does not cover it up!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #746 on: February 25, 2021, 05:45:37 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/23/politics/ron-desantis-rush-limbaugh-nikki-fried/index.html

I can understand and support lowering the flag for a fallen police officer, firefighter, and even a military person. But for a radio talk show personality? Gimmie a break! The guy doesn't deserve it. What the hell did he do for this country to deserve such an honor?  :goldpissed:

Does this only involve Florida and Missouri on the flag issue?

(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #747 on: February 28, 2021, 09:33:38 pm »
During this coronavirus pandemic, masks are supposed to cover both your mouth AND YOUR NOSE. And yet, some people don't understand that or refuse to put the mask up over their nose.  :goldpissed: It's not just your mouth you exhale from, but also your nose. So even if you have coronavirus and don't have the mask covering your nose, you can exhale those virus particles from your nose and inadvertantly make someone catch covid.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #748 on: March 01, 2021, 07:29:30 pm »
During this coronavirus pandemic, masks are supposed to cover both your mouth AND YOUR NOSE. And yet, some people don't understand that or refuse to put the mask up over their nose.  :goldpissed: It's not just your mouth you exhale from, but also your nose. So even if you have coronavirus and don't have the mask covering your nose, you can exhale those virus particles from your nose and inadvertantly make someone catch covid.

:'( b-b-b-but then I'll have to smell my own stanky halitosis! Oh curse the person who made face masks in such a way that I have to smell my own breath!

Kidding of course, I'm with you on this Kobuk anytime I see people doing that I get their attention and tell them their nose slipped out of its bra. Old M*A*S*H joke that Colonel Potter said to Klinger once in OR when his nose wasn't covered by his mask.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #749 on: March 05, 2021, 12:06:04 am »

I call this The Killroy. A Moe Howard cosplayer should appear and "honk" exposed nose in classic Stooge fashion.

I've had and still have coworkers who crowd the lunchroom fridge with more food and drink than they need for the work week. Includes case lots of bottled water, 2L pop bottles with a few forgotten flat ounces left, travel mugs, and family size condiments.
(Baps the old humorist.)