Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 70739 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #750 on: March 14, 2021, 06:44:49 pm »

I've had and still have coworkers who crowd the lunchroom fridge with more food and drink than they need for the work week. Includes case lots of bottled water, 2L pop bottles with a few forgotten flat ounces left, travel mugs, and family size condiments.

Our company has one fridge in the break room. And a policy. "Anything left in the box on Friday night will be thrown out." Contents, containers and all. This keeps that from happening.

I belong to a graymuzzle facebook group. Here lately there's been a rash of people getting offended by everything. Admins have had to take down discussions. Because a hand full of members get really offended if you disagree with them. These same members get offended at people posting jokes or humor. Really hoping admin will ban this new group of people.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #751 on: March 15, 2021, 10:24:48 am »
Hi Cause,
I would venture a guess people do not teach keeping a thick skin, and learning to think before acting.
Our internet culture allows for quick and easy injury and lashing out. 

What grinds my gears is weather reports that predict dire storms, and all you get is 4" of normal snow.
Why? To boost Colorado ski resort tourism?
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #752 on: March 18, 2021, 05:07:08 pm »
Neighbors remote "beep" locking their cars several times an hour. It especially gets annoying after midnight. If there's something that's worth stealing, then bring it inside.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #753 on: March 22, 2021, 10:27:06 am »
Neighbors remote "beep" locking their cars several times an hour. It especially gets annoying after midnight. If there's something that's worth stealing, then bring it inside.
Your neighbors seem to do this alot.  So do mine..
Maybe it is a compulsive behavior with some people. IDK.

For me, what grinds my gears is/are early Monday mornings.  I can't get up to the task of working.  And I can't use caffeine anymore.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #754 on: April 17, 2021, 09:56:44 am »
Pedestrians walking on the road when clear sidewalks are nearby. Get a parade permit for goodness sake.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #755 on: April 18, 2021, 08:25:42 pm »
People parking in my private driveway.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #756 on: April 19, 2021, 09:37:47 pm »
Motorists who cross the centerline to park or drop off a passenger and expect me to get out of the way.  I will not risk a head-on collision with oncoming traffic to avoid a head-on collision with someone in my lane. Proper lane use always! Lazy so-and-so's.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #757 on: April 22, 2021, 12:45:08 pm »
Irritated.  >:(
I've got a modeling friend who wants to borrow my Wonder Woman 1984 DVD movie from me and he's been pestering me nearly every single week. He won't go out and buy it himself. I offered to buy it for him and he could pay me back. Nope. He refused the offer. He said he wants to borrow it from me first and watch it before he decides to buy a copy. I told him the slightly bad review I had about the movie and I guess he wants to watch the movie and see if my review was worth it or not.
Out of a 10 star rating, I only gave this movie a 6. ******  The main male villian in the movie was a total wimp. So cheesy and laughable. And you only got to see the Cheetah female villian at the very end of the movie..........like maybe the last 15 minutes. And the plot was pretty stupid as well about a hunk of rock that grants wishes. Maybe my friend thinks Gal Gadot is "hot" or something? She's perfect as the Wonder Woman character, but I wouldn't go so far as to say she's HOT. This movie could have been so much more. But it was a letdown instead.  :'(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #758 on: April 25, 2021, 12:18:34 am »
No word on who was awarded or promoted during the online state-level conference my aviation-minded organization hosted online this weekend. A connectivity issue kept me from registering besides.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #759 on: April 25, 2021, 12:57:54 pm »
What get to me is how people don't want to  take this
virus seriously   I mean it kills people , yet people
still think it's just a case of the flue.

So wear your mask, wash your hands, and respect  your fellow humans
right to good health.

Even if its  a pain. people seem to think they ought to
be able to say no, but it's the variants that are created
when people get sick that can  kill. and a vareant
could need a different vaccine for us all.
oldrabbit.com

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #760 on: April 27, 2021, 02:09:59 pm »
The down side of being really muscular. No one has the size of stuff I need. Managed to hurt my left knee and need a brace. The only size anyone caries is an xL or med. Needed one now so I got the XL. It's tight.  Had trouble getting this over my calf.  Like squeezing into under armor. It aint gonna move. There's velcro straps on it. For me they are there for decoration. Had to order an XXL. Git it Fri.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #761 on: April 28, 2021, 02:08:47 am »
When people want to cut me out of their life for no reason other than their own...their projection onto me is unfair. I don't mind being rejected--it happens all the time. It just sucks when it's by someone that you build a relationship with after years of silence. I guess it's better they try and figure themselves out--it just sucks I am a casualty in the process. *sigh*

Why reach out and be friends if in the end people just want to fade, walk away, or cut you out anyway? I just don't understand some people and this attitude of, "Well, this isn't working so I guess I gotta cut everyone out and off. Bye!"

Same thing with the "cancel culture" crap. Why do that to people? Yeah, I get it--some people are toxic and will never change, nor do they want to or try. Those folks do need help and should be avoided. But when this logic extends to your personal life? Yeah, it causes pain and problems.

Keeping distant is one thing. Rejecting everyone out of hand is another. Ugh.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 03:00:16 pm by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #762 on: May 21, 2021, 07:17:32 pm »
You know the story.
At a red light, car idling,things to do place to go to , people to see
10 drivers in front of you and you know you are not going to make it through the light.
Why?

Because these people take on average 3 to 5 seconds each just to get moving, and once moving they barely move at all.

What is with people?  Just go already!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #763 on: May 22, 2021, 02:08:02 pm »
Jade. 10? where I live if you get behind three mini vans your not moving until the light turns yellow.

Having to play a game to get working equipment at work. I have to keep track of product by entering in codes. Wile wearing gloves that are wet and oily from handling the product. This makes a real mess of the keyboard. Keys start to become unresponsive when pressed. The keyboard would have to be completely unusable before they would get me a new one. So it just happened to become completely unusable. Now i have a new one.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #764 on: May 22, 2021, 05:54:19 pm »
Because these people take on average 3 to 5 seconds each just to get moving, and once moving they barely move at all.

What is with people?  Just go already!
It's not safe to "just go". Drivers still have to keep an eye out in case anyone will attempt running a red and to keep a safe measure of distance between your vehicle and other vehicles on the road you have to allow three to five seconds to pass before you begin moving to allow for proper stopping distance once you get up to speed.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #765 on: May 22, 2021, 11:35:12 pm »
Hi Kay,
I can see the first person in line to take 3-5 seconds to be sure it is okay to go before going.
But the 10 cars behind them all take an additional 3-5 seconds each as well. Why?  What is new?  Are we all going to stop at green lights and pause and take 3 seconds each to survey and decide and then move, one-after-the-other?   30 seconds after the green light, then I can move?  10 lights like this to get home? 5 minutes doing nothing but waiting on other people?  If the first guy took 5 seconds to figure out if traffic is clear and so on, cool.  Then form a freaking train and get on with it.

It is safe to "just go" when you have all the information. 
If I am stopped at an intersection and have clear view of all traffic, if I had a formula 1 race car I would smoke people at the light because I know what is there, what is not there, and so forth.  There is NO need to be worried about cars materializing out of nowhere.  If you see a car coming at high rate of speed towards the intersection, hold on and see what happens.  If all lanes in all directions are stopped, and you are waiting for the green, punch it when the time comes!  If you worry that some car will be in your way, then you are admitting you didn't look well, or remain aware of your surroundings.  If you know objects can be hidden, then you never had clear view of the area and should be cautious. But seriously now, if you are at a plain simple 4 way intersection with no visual obstructions and you are aware of things, just go.

If you know what is there, you know.  If you have doubts whether or not to go, it is because you can't see everything and THAT is when you need to be so cautious.

Yeah, I hate driving in congested traffic.

What grinds my gears is life

(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #766 on: May 22, 2021, 11:59:33 pm »
No Jade what I am saying is that the car in front begins moving, the person behind them has to wait 3 seconds before moving in order to put adequate stopping distance between the vehicles.

1st in line moves
2nd waits 3 seconds and then begins moving
3rd now must wait 3 seconds before moving
4th must now wait 3 seconds before moving

Putting a distance of 3 to 5 seconds inbetween each vehicle allows room for vehicles to stop should something happen. Even a car moving slowly requires some distance to safely stop. It might seem annoying to you but it's part of the rules of the road. At least according to the colorado state driving test anyway.
I'm not trying to say that your anger at this invalid, but you wanted to know why people do this, I'm just explaining that.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #767 on: May 24, 2021, 10:03:08 am »
Thanks Kay, I get you now.

Yeah, driving at times is my least favorite thing to do.

My dog Wanda is very ... affectionate.  I know all dogs are different, but come on, I mean she totally stinks at times (attitude) and doesn't care about anyone.
That grinds my gears.  Some companion dog.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #768 on: May 24, 2021, 02:37:54 pm »
A few times during the week, I try to check the clearance book shelves to see what books and DVD's the library is getting rid of from their collections. Trying to check the DVD's is an uphill battle.  :P Bunch of people standing around it like a bunch of vultures picking over a dead body. It's like "Me first! Me first! I saw it first!".

Guess I'm just going to have to arrive at the library earlier to get my cut of the "dead body" so to speak. ;)  :D

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #769 on: May 25, 2021, 06:02:10 am »
A few times during the week, I try to check the clearance book shelves to see what books and DVD's the library is getting rid of from their collections. Trying to check the DVD's is an uphill battle.  :P Bunch of people standing around it like a bunch of vultures picking over a dead body. It's like "Me first! Me first! I saw it first!".

Guess I'm just going to have to arrive at the library earlier to get my cut of the "dead body" so to speak. ;)  :D

I hate that "forget you, got mine" attitude. I see it when new transformers figures come out or when figures i really wanted go on clearance.
Recently they've been having a netflix series line, basically figures from a current line but with extra detail paint applications or limited run figures.
One of the recent lines was called "Earthrise" and featured many transformers in their classic first generation 1980's series vehicle modes (except Megatron cause for the life of me i can't imagine why they don't want to make toy guns anymore lol). But the line was suspiciously missing Bumblebee and Soundwave.

Then it was announced that bumblebee and soundwave, in their classic 1980's alt modes, a VW Beatle and a Micro Cassette tape player respectively, would be under the netflix brand. Which lead to people scalping these figures cause not only is the netflix line hard to find, these particular two were Walmart exclusives!  >:(

And I really, really hate when figures get released as exclusives to just one store! Not only does it make a wide market for scalpers but it means really interesting toys get bought up fast by collectors getting more than 1 copy of the same figure and leave nothing for kids. I might be a toy collector but even I don't go grabbing the last stock on a shelf.  >:( ...okay, usually.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2021, 09:31:41 pm »
Searches through shelves and peg hooks looking for the elusive Kay Alett action figure with mini Kit Kat candy bar.

Nope. Not that one
Nope. Not that.
Still searches.
Looks through 5 more peg hooks.
Moves boxes of toy accessories on a shelf.
Then...........Aha! Spots the last one.

Mine! MINE!  :D Grabs the figure and heads to checkout cashier.

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #771 on: May 28, 2021, 04:01:17 pm »
Searches through shelves and peg hooks looking for the elusive Kay Alett action figure with mini Kit Kat candy bar.

Nope. Not that one
Nope. Not that.
Still searches.
Looks through 5 more peg hooks.
Moves boxes of toy accessories on a shelf.
Then...........Aha! Spots the last one.

Mine! MINE!  :D Grabs the figure and heads to checkout cashier.

XD Oh you goofball.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #772 on: May 29, 2021, 08:01:33 am »
Every time I find something in Milsurp that's worth buying, it's either out of stock or not in my size.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #773 on: June 20, 2021, 02:43:12 pm »
The founder of the underground music I'm into is in the hospital for Covid. Been in ICU for six days now. Years ago he started a forum to spread the idea of the Cigar Box Guitar . It took off. Millions of people, like me, enjoy playing these instruments. And most, like me, make their own. There are well wishers posting on his forum. Every mention of Covid has been deleted. Even in the opening post there is no mention of Covid. This is how far brainwashed people will go to ignore the truth. If this guy dies they will ignore the truth and pretend he died of something else.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #774 on: July 13, 2021, 01:35:14 am »
We have safety meetings once a week at work. Mostly it's the same stuff over. There have been times when new safety regs have be implemented. Lately we've had a member of management who's been re writing the modules. There becoming everything from incoherent to out right wrong. Today's safety discussion was over the top.

'There is a scenario given Then we discuss what was done right, wrong or needs improvement.

Today's scenario.
Sally is walking past Joe's workspace when she notices him hunched over, choking and gasping for air.
She calls out, "What Happened"
Joe replies, "Jim brought over this and told me to use it." Pointing to an unlabeled container.
Sally takes the container to the MSDS book to look up what it is and why Joe is choking.
What did Sally do right?
According to the management written module. Everything.

?

First. Our fictional friend Joe is suffering from a toxic or anaphylactic shock. His airways and lungs are closing up. He needs medical assistance NOW.
Second. If Joe's condition is caused by the chemical in the unlabeled container then when Sally picks it up SHE will also start to suffer from either a toxin or anaphylactic shock.
Third. It's an unlabeled container. The only person who knows what's in it is Jim. And if these chemicals are the reason Joe is suffering Jim could already be dead.

Apparently calling an ambulance and searching for Jim is the wrong answer.