Author Topic: UK Election  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
UK Election
« on: June 09, 2017, 07:26:31 am »
So the UK turned out to vote yesterday, and the results started coming in last night.

Hung parliament.

Things are looking bad for our -wonderful- (sarcasm) PM, Theresa May, who called this vote in the first place to prove she was in power and the people wanted her in. And she loses seats. She's probably going to resign, but first of all she has to scramble to see if anyone wants to form a coalition government with her, or else her entire party (the Tories) is in trouble.

Sadly, someone did want to team up with her. The DUP. A Northern Irish party who are... Very anti equal rights. Hugely bigoted. A rather unpleasant lot and not at all who should be in power of more than a kettle. They call for the death penalty, think LGBTQ relationships are disgusting and abusive, want to get any and all people of colour out of Ireland and deny climate change. They also have MASSIVE links to Irish terrorist groups. Yup. Groups that kill people and smuggle RPGs across into England (I am not kidding on any of these points). They are straight up fascists and don't even try to deny it.

And this is the only people Ms May could get to side with her. Wonderful.

They have stated in the past to be against a hard Brexit and disagree with the Tories on some major parts of the maifesto, so at least they have that going for them.

May now has to go to Buckingham Palace and seek permission to do this. I really hope she won't get it. Because having a terrorist organisation in charge of the country is a WONDERFUL idea (sarcasm). But sadly I expect she will.

-----

It's all a bit of a mess, really.

----

It wasn't the best result - Labour or Lib Dem getting in and sorting out the mess Glorious Leader May (sarcasm) has made of the country, with cutting numbers of police dramatically and moving towards privatising the NHS, as well as cutting benefits to those who need them - All of these things LITERALLY KILL PEOPLE. In my opinion that would have been better.
But at least with her face covered in egg and the news outlets turning on her after not 24 hours ago they were singing her praises, May is probably going to be out. Her party is weakened and she has lost support from all angles. We might have a chance at a less power-mad leader.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
Re: UK Election
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 12:00:04 pm »
I hope all works out for the needs and rights of the people Loc.

It seems there is a movement toward ffascism around the world.
Disguised as  nationalism, which can lead to isolationism.Which is
usually bad for a country. Not counting loss of rights for the people.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:11:31 pm by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com