not-so-furry discussion > general non-furry discussion

Earth Day 2021

(1/1)

Kobuk:
It's Earth Day today. Lots of topics circulating on the news about climate change and such. What are your thoughts about climate change? Everything and anything.
What are you doing to help protect the planet?

Kay Alett:
My thoughts? I lived in texas most of my life. I moved up to the arklatex region near Texarkana (for anyone whose seen Smokey and The Bandit). First four years I was there we had snow. Then snow became a rarity. I watched the summer averages go from 110 to 114. Now I get out of texas and there's a freak snowstorm that buries the whole state.

I don't need a scientist to tell me there's a change in the climate, I've SEEN it! :o

Jade Sinapu:
I have lived in Colorado my whole life for better or worse.
Seen the coldest days dissapear in the late 1990's
I remember my brother and I waiting up all night watching a thermometer mounted on the outside of the window and watching how low it is.
then we would bust out in the back yard into the snow and go crazy in the -25F snow.
That happened a few nights a year.  Now, nothing.
The coldest areas are never cold now.  and Hot  areas are hotter.  My parents live in a town that is habitually 6F higher than ... anywhere around.  And last summer there it was 107F which is very hot for here.

When I was a kid, every week, we had about 3 days where storms would roll in at 2 to 3 pm and cool us off.  NOPE.
blue dry cloudlesss skies all day every day.  UV index of 9, burn baby burn
plants won't thrive like they used to.  Things get bleached. 
Climate changed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version