Author Topic: removing the wordgames and rp's from the stat page  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
removing the wordgames and rp's from the stat page
« on: November 12, 2010, 03:36:01 am »
I'm suggesting we remove the word games from the stat page for most viewed and posted in threads, so we can see the actual threads and discussions that have had the most coments/views.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: removing the wordgames and rp's from the stat page
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:53:59 am »
I vouch for this without a doubt. I'm not sure about the RPs, because many people come to furtopia for that sole purpose, and it is a pretty major part of the fandom.

On the other hand, I'm curious as to what my most popular threads are, and how many things I've posted on various boards if you were to take away the word games threads, clogging up my stats.

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 05:57:53 pm »
In other words, you'd like to see discussions that actually are discussions. :D

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 09:06:36 pm »
I vouch for this without a doubt. I'm not sure about the RPs, because many people come to furtopia for that sole purpose, and it is a pretty major part of the fandom.

Role-play threads are a different matter.  Word games often just take like 1 word to write,  but some role-play posts have taken me hours in the past,  and are often long and detailed.

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 10:47:01 pm »
I don't know if this is actually possible. It seems like it wouldn't be. But I'll defer to Weisseman until/unless I get a chance to investigate myself.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 10:50:42 pm »
From my POV, I would rather keep the Stats Info. Center:
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?action=stats
........"as is". All those stats and information can come in handy for the staff should we ever need to make changes to Furtopia either in part or whole. The more info. and stats we have about a particular subject or area, the better we can improve/change something. So I'm kinda reluctant to remove anything from there. ;)

If a person wants to see what particular threads are most popular/viewed, then it's a simple matter of just going into the designated forum and looking at the "Views" and "Replies" for a particular thread.

On the other hand, I'm curious as to what my most popular threads are, and how many things I've posted on various boards if you were to take away the word games threads, clogging up my stats.

I'm not sure if there's anything we can do or change to a person's profile that might show more detailed info. and stats for threads they've posted, etc. The only way to see what your current stats are and where you've been, etc. is by going into your Profile, ---->> then click "Show Stats" on the left side.

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 10:55:39 pm »
I've looked for a Mod to allow this as it would take me ages to code it by myself and it appears it isn't possible unfortunately. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 04:03:38 am »
From my POV, I would rather keep the Stats Info. Center:
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?action=stats
........"as is". All those stats and information can come in handy for the staff should we ever need to make changes to Furtopia either in part or whole. The more info. and stats we have about a particular subject or area, the better we can improve/change something. So I'm kinda reluctant to remove anything from there. ;)

If a person wants to see what particular threads are most popular/viewed, then it's a simple matter of just going into the designated forum and looking at the "Views" and "Replies" for a particular thread.

[/color]

i know you can look at the individual subforums, but i'd like to be able to see the most talked in topic form the entire forum, just ignoring the word games threads since they are filling the entire stats section for views and posts.
It would take a long time to go into every subforum, check the most posted in topics, write down the numbers, go to all  the other sub forums and repeat.

heck, even adding a new mini section that would ignore the word games threads.

I've looked for a Mod to allow this as it would take me ages to code it by myself and it appears it isn't possible unfortunately. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do.

ahhh, very good : 3
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:10:25 am by Hayaikawa »

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:57 am »
@Hayaikawa: Would it be better if we just got rid of the entire Word Game forum altogether? ;)

Edit: Another option is to click the "Active Topics" link at the top of the forum page.
http://forums.furtopia.org/index.php?action=unread
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:15:10 am by Kobuk »

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 12:43:07 pm »
@Hayaikawa: Would it be better if we just got rid of the entire Word Game forum altogether? ;)

YOU WOULDN'T DARE!! THAT IS MYYYYY DOMAIN!!
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.