Author Topic: If the world were perfect...  (Read 5332 times)

Offline Mooshi

If the world were perfect...
« on: October 02, 2010, 08:37:10 pm »
Perfect as in if you could take your ideals how the world should be and project it onto the real world. Would it be a true utopia or would it be rather boring?

As much as it would be awesome to have everything I wanted and not have to deal with the annoying overly religious, the stupid, emos, weeaboos, stereotypical furries, MY MILK SPOILING WHEN IM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FINISHING THE GALLON...ect. Im not sure if I'd be 100% ok with it. o.o Blissful, yes. But eh..I think I need some conflict to make life interesting. I'm the type who plays games on hard, not easy. :3

How would you fuzzbutts feel if the world was perfect to your spec?

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
Re: If the world were perfect...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 08:44:00 pm »
If the world was perfect I'd be somewhat dead.  :D
Perfect life would be boring, I suppose. Unless you mean perfectly in tune with my needs, in which case everyone would be a non-psychotic clone of myself.
Oh, and you, mooshi. Of course :3
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:29:57 pm by Serra Belvoule »
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 09:32:38 pm »
Having a perfect world or even a part of it, would be boring.  :P I don't believe in perfection. It doesn't exist. People who do though are on a "foolish idealistic crusade" and will never get what they seek.  >:(

Offline Shabbernigdo

• Species: Sergal
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:20:02 pm »
it would be a utopia by time i was done with it.  perfect? nah but it would be much better then it is now.
For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee,

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 10:33:12 pm »
it would be a utopia by time i was done with it.  perfect? nah but it would be much better then it is now.
You made me think something among the lines of "I would remodel the world on my own image. Perfect? No, it wouldn't be perfect. It would be something much greater than that."

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 04:58:20 am »
If the world were perfect, or least suit my needs I would be like an architect from Inception, able to fit the world to my own needs and desires and people would just have to deal with the insanity especially since if it were perfect I wouldn't need my medication. Just imagine a world whose very physical workings were controlled by someone who was as mad as a hatter.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 09:13:03 am »
If I made the world perfect, it wouldn't be perfect. It would be boring, which isn't something I'd call good at all. There needs to be some conflict. So I guess in my ideal world, nothing's really perfect.

Offline CiceroKit

• I'll get back to you on that
  • Female
    • My FA page
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 11:00:26 am »
Everyone has their own idea of what a perfect world would be, hence the world would never be perfect for all people. That said, my idea of a perfect world is simple. It would be a world where at least everyone's basic and safety needs were taken care of. People would not have to worry about food, shelter, clothing, healthcare, insurance from catastrophe, or other protections. All that would be taken care of. Everyone could thus focus on the higher needs on Maslow's hierarchy. Psychological needs, self actualization and peak experiences. Sure, there would still be unhappy people, but much more than in today's world, people would actually control their own destiny. When you have to worry about losing your home, being able to afford to put food on the table, or how you are ever going to get a necessary surgery, you don't have much control over anything. But if you have those first two tiers of needs met, you can than focus on building friendships and find challenging work to fulfill your psychological needs, building a career and nurturing relationships that will help you move toward self actualization and form those peak experiences. Of course, people could still make poor decisions, failing to then meet those higher needs, but at least their bellies would be full, they would have a roof over their heads and not have to worry about losing those two things if they got sick, or encountered a natural disaster.
Artist. Educator. Activist. Writer.

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/cicerokit/
Cicero Kit on Second Life

Being a furry artist is a sideline; I am a public relations professional by trade as well as adjunct faculty at two technical colleges in Wisconsin. I also freelance as a graphic designer and journalist and have had an editorial comic series published. Anything you want to know? Ask.

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 01:46:34 pm »
I guess it depends on your definition of perfect.  As in, how absolute is this perfection.

As I see it, a perfect world cannot be boring because being boring would mean it falls short of perfection. However, I don't think a perfect world could actually exist, in the same way that a perfect circle cannot actually exist. It can exist only as an ideal. We can aim to get as close as possible too it, but never actually reach it.

In a perfect world, you could choose who you are instead of having that forced on you at birth. You'd have no need for eating or sleeping or any of those other basic needs, but you could participate in such activities for the mere enjoyment of it if you wanted to. You wouldn't have to worry about finances or heath and could focus instead on whatever interests you. Your rights would be unlimited as possible, meaning they would only been limited by the rights of others. And if something didn't go right, you'd always have another chance to try it again.

Growing and learning is a great source of enjoyment, and therefore would have to be part of a perfect world. Therefore, you wouldn't necessarily succeed first try. Succeeding against adversity makes success all the more triumphant. However, one could also argue that it isn't perfection if there is still room for improvement, and rightly so. Like I said, true perfection isn't actually possible.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 03:01:32 pm »
It really depends on your definition of perfect.

In western culture especially we tend to make the mistake of thinking that everyone in the world thinks the same way we do and that everyone wants the same thing.  What is perfect for one person might be horrible for another.  My perfect world would certainly would not be perfect for a communist,  and obviously Vice Versa.

A, "perfect world," wouldn't really be perfect if it were boring would it?  Perfect kind of implies no flaws or errors,  and the entire world being dull and mechanical where everyone is 100% safe might be perfect for some,  but it would seem a serious flaw to someone like me.

So,  Perfect world?  Sure.  Who's perfect?  Truly perfect (without flaws),  or just a few set specific problems fixed?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 03:20:02 pm »
 :D
A perfect /world/ is a paradox for me.
The world that I strive for as 'perfection' I cannot have because the only sustainable way for my society to function is for perfection to be out of reach, but always there to strive at ever-increasing rates towards. Basically it's like y=e^x, where perfection is infinite. If perfection were finite, we could not keep existing, because it would not be possible to go beyond perfection. We would have to have adapted and become a logistic function.

Now a perfect /society/ is entirely plausible, given that it would basically be the exponential function expressed above, ever advancing.
This is the AZAR (in its final form).
And creating it is my only real reason for existence. (But don't worry, I will NEVER do it at the expense of anyone but myself, or those who sacrifice willingly for this cause)
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 08:38:33 pm »
Borg Queen: Human! We used to be exactly like them. Flawed. Weak. Organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection. Your goal should be the same as ours.
Lieutenant Commander Data: Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.

Borg Queen: We too are on a quest to better ourselves, evolving toward a state of perfection.
Lieutenant Commander Data: Forgive me: the Borg do not evolve, they conquer.

Borg Queen: You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding your weakness is only a matter of time.

Well, if you want perfection, folks, then just join the Borg!  :D  :D  :D

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 09:08:42 pm »
Borg sounds like a buglike alien race x3 And I would require weirdness to change into a different race.
Which made me think of the fursonas of furries. Now THAT is odd...

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 03:03:03 am »
The AZAR would be my 'perfect' world, in a dynamic/temporal sense of the word 'perfect' in that it's about achieving/striving for perfection (a function that approaches infinity as x->infinity) as opposed to being completely perfect (infinity) which would.... not work, according to my calculations.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:36:40 am »
Okay how about this for you. In a perfect world there would be no need for psycho-active medication. I'm sick of being on four base medications, two mood stabilizers and two anti-psychotics, plus a fifth back up medication which is another anti-psychotic as well as a heavy sedative. If the world was perfect I wouldn't need to pump myself full of medication to keep from going to the hospital for a permanent stay. Now that would be perfect, I want to see a world free of Prozac and Lithium (neither of which I'm on), and so many other drugs that I can't even begin to think of all of them, but which I have been on so many that I've lost count. In a perfect world there would be no reason for that garbage to exist, no one would be that deranged!

Offline KitsuNinja

• Space Pirate
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 12:52:49 pm »
Borg Queen: Human! We used to be exactly like them. Flawed. Weak. Organic. But we evolved to include the synthetic. Now we use both to attain perfection. Your goal should be the same as ours.
Lieutenant Commander Data: Believing oneself to be perfect is often the sign of a delusional mind.

Borg Queen: We too are on a quest to better ourselves, evolving toward a state of perfection.
Lieutenant Commander Data: Forgive me: the Borg do not evolve, they conquer.

Borg Queen: You are an imperfect being, created by an imperfect being. Finding your weakness is only a matter of time.

Well, if you want perfection, folks, then just join the Borg!  :D  :D  :D

Ohai Borg Queen. I'm Mr. Neurolytic Pathogen. In your base, causing you to fall apart. *coolface*
Kemono Party > Furry and kemono fan realists who would rather embrace random and cuteness over being drama-queen furries, furry vs furry bashing or a furry who tries too hard. :3

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2010, 10:01:14 pm »
Okay how about this for you. In a perfect world there would be no need for psycho-active medication.
I hear ya! I had two mates that were on meds, and while I had no problem with it, they would tell me how horrible they were and how they wanted to quit them.
And maybe one of the reasons I haven't seen a therapist is because I'm afraid of being diagnosed with ADHD, Bipolar dissorder and/or manic/depressive states.
Seriously...

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2010, 11:06:37 pm »
Lol, I loaded this thread but it only partially loaded, showing just mooshi's avatar.

If the world were perfect <mooshi avatar>

... :D

Anyways, yeah, not having to have meds that mess with your head is nice, especially after my math HW on pain killers incident when I had my wisdom teeth removed. Couldn't stay on them for more than 2 days; I just decided to not bother with them.  :P

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 12:53:24 am »
Meds suck, but much better than the alternative. There is a reason lobotamy isn't done anymore ya know.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 03:07:17 am »
I can survive and even flourish on the Meds I use, but if I lose my insurance I'm toast. One of my medications cost over $800 for one month's worth, and that's just one of my medications!!! If I lose my insurance for whatever reason I'd be in that situation of buy my pills or pay bills. Problem is that if I don't get my medication I'd end up in a hospital where they would pump me full of medication until I was relatively sane then dump me back on the street where I would be able to afford to get the help I need, which would mean in a few weeks I'd be back in the hospital for doing something strange and the cycle would start all over again. In a perfect world this would NEVER EVER HAPPEN!!!

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2010, 11:29:46 pm »
AH, Sigurd! You reminded me of another thing I despise: Money.
Everything works by money. One of the most usual problems are about money. The having and taking and giving and working and everything.
I'm not saying communism was great, but they at least got to think that if we all chipped in for a bit of effort, we could get around some things.
But no, humans want to get everything for doing nothing.:P

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2010, 11:30:44 pm »
If not everything that's anything had to have a logo on it...

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 01:39:33 am »
My reactor would be working and I would have spaceships... no a fleet! and I would have faster than light travel capabilities! A whole universe to explore! WHEEEE!

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 06:30:31 pm »
My reactor would be working and I would have spaceships... no a fleet! and I would have faster than light travel capabilities! A whole universe to explore! WHEEEE!
And an expanded lifetime, I'd take it, so that you can actually explore this big universe?

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 06:33:02 pm »
And an expanded lifetime, I'd take it, so that you can actually explore this big universe?
Oh indeed! :D
Not that I'd still be using this crummy old body anyways.

Also, this:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3061400/anomaly.jpg