Author Topic: Illegal immigrants being brought over to the U.S by the government  (Read 8689 times)

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Illegal immigrants being brought over to the U.S by the government
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 10:17:53 am »
What is this topic supposed to be about?

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 03:16:58 pm »
What is this topic supposed to be about?

According to me: Something involving tin foil hats, and Xenophobia.  :D

According to the first post: Something about the US government importing illegal immigrants, into the country for unknown reason, and this supposed discussion of how they might have alien aids as they might not have been give standardized vaccines in there previous country or upon being illegal smuggled in...

^ or at least that's what I think it said, didn't really read the rest of the thread to be honest.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:43:49 pm by Aloneness »
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 06:05:50 pm »
Could somebody please provide some evidence, or a genuine article to at least shed a little more light on this, if not prove it, because whatever the original intentions may have been, this admittedly comes across as more of a rant about a rumour.

Also, why would the U.S. Government want to illegally bring people across the border, and if the U.S. Government was doing this, why wouldn't they do it legally, or at least make it look legal? They most certainly have the power to.

Furthermore, everyone should in a fair society, have every right to immigrate and live where they so please, as long as they do so within the confines of the laws of whichever country they wish to move to.

The whole point of someone being an "Illegal" immigrant is that they gained access to the country in question in an illegal manner, therefore they aren't actually entitled to anything if they've done so, and certainly don't have the records to be claiming benefits deceptively.

As for celebration of holidays such as Cinco De Mayo, that is to be expected in the same way that any American citizen would expect to be allowed to celebrate Independence Day if they moved to another country.

If a person has crossed the border illegally, then as with any crime, they may get away with it, but it doesn't mean they are entitled to anything once they are in the country. There's only so much a border agency can do, just as there is only so much the police can do with any one of your standard or organised criminals.

I think we all need to calm down, and think sensibly about the difference between an "Illegal" immigrant, and an immigrant with a legal and genuine Visa, or green card, whichever is used. The way many people are sounding is that they mean to say that all immigration should be stopped, or just from specific countries, and that's hardly fair.

When you hear something on the news, or see something in the newspaper, instead of becoming emotional about it, stop and think about how media companies like the consumers of their output to react, and then go out, do a little research, and decide fully for yourself what you feel is true, or false, or just another exciting and misleadingly produced story, blown out of proportion to get the populations feathers ruffled.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:12:09 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »
just to tell yah the set up places to drop these people up look up news articles  on google the government is doing this they say we should get rid of the borders thats what the news said but what makes a country a country is its borders prime terrorist targets see opportunities to get into America and do terrorist attacks there have been people stopping in front of the places the drop people off so they can't get in it's very complicated what the government has decided to do in the U.S i not happy with the government
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2014, 08:45:17 pm »
just to tell yah the set up places to drop these people up look up news articles  on google the government is doing this they say we should get rid of the borders thats what the news said but what makes a country a country is its borders prime terrorist targets see opportunities to get into America and do terrorist attacks there have been people stopping in front of the places the drop people off so they can't get in it's very complicated what the government has decided to do in the U.S i not happy with the government

Please provide links to these "articles"

Otherwise I'm going to be inclined to think the following...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:48:31 pm by Aloneness »
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2014, 08:54:21 pm »
just to tell yah the set up places to drop these people up look up news articles  on google the government is doing this they say we should get rid of the borders thats what the news said but what makes a country a country is its borders prime terrorist targets see opportunities to get into America and do terrorist attacks there have been people stopping in front of the places the drop people off so they can't get in it's very complicated what the government has decided to do in the U.S i not happy with the government

Staff Note:  Please keep the thread on topic.  This thread's stated topic is NOT about immigration policy.  Users wishing to discuss United States immigration reform,  or the US policies on immigration should should start a new thread on that topic,  as it is not the purpose of this thread.

This thread is about whether or not the government is or is not porting immigrants into the united states illegally by the bus-load.  If either side of this argument would like to provide a news article or some kind of evidence for that argument one way or the other, that would probably be the best place to start.  Otherwise the thread is just going to go in circles.

Offline Foxpup

• Species: Cyborg Fox
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2014, 09:09:08 pm »

The whole point of someone being an "Illegal" immigrant is that they gained access to the country in question in an illegal manner,
Actually, that's not always the case. About half of illegal immigrants in the U.S. arrived legally; they just didn't leave when their visas expired.

If a person has crossed the border illegally, then as with any crime, they may get away with it, but it doesn't mean they are entitled to anything once they are in the country. There's only so much a border agency can do, just as there is only so much the police can do with any one of your standard or organised criminals.
One important point which constrains what the government can do is that illegal immigrants aren't criminals. It's a civil offence, not a criminal one.

If either side of this argument would like to provide a news article or some kind of evidence for that argument one way or the other, that would probably be the best place to start.
Sorry Alsek, but you can't prove a negative. All you can do is rebut whatever positive evidence is presented. If no such evidence is forthcoming, this thread should be moved out of the debate forum.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2014, 09:40:29 pm »
Sorry Alsek, but you can't prove a negative. All you can do is rebut whatever positive evidence is presented. If no such evidence is forthcoming, this thread should be moved out of the debate forum.

Yes, indeed.  My personal recommendation would be that you perhaps you should wait until someone provides some kind of valid argument before you start debating with them.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2014, 11:43:05 pm »
sorry im posting this on mobile device so i cant get websites up but look up Illegal immigrants being brought over to the U.S youll find tons of news links explaining

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2014, 11:50:08 pm »
youll find tons of news links explaining

[Citation Needed]

I am still having trouble figuring out exactly what the purpose of this thread is.

Offline Foxpup

• Male
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2014, 12:58:00 am »
sorry im posting this on mobile device so i cant get websites up but look up Illegal immigrants being brought over to the U.S youll find tons of news links explaining
I found nothing. There's a lot of articles about a recent influx of families fleeing gang violence in Central America seeking asylum in the U.S., but they're reaching the border by their own means; I can't find anything indicating the U.S. government is assisting them in any way, and the government is certainly not providing transport. What exactly are you talking about?

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2014, 01:24:57 am »
its on the news in the U.S as far as i know of my knowledge some parts people dont have to worry honestly nobody knows what their talking about these days some may think the do so im not the one who started this im basing this on local news like NBC CNN on T.V what i have heard

Offline Foxpup

• Male
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2014, 02:04:30 am »
im not the one who started this im basing this on local news like NBC CNN on T.V what i have heard
You started the thread, and it seems you're the only one who's actually heard about this. I haven't the faintest idea what "this" is, but it sounds like the local media have taken some mundane irregularity and blown it all out of proportion. I think there was some kind of protest in front of a Border Patrol station in Murrieta and they had to redirect a convoy of detainees being transferred there but that's the only thing that comes to mind. Certainly if half of what you're ranting about is true, it would be making international headlines. But it isn't.

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 03:42:55 am »
I think I might have found something that at least vaguely sounds like what they're talking about, granted it's the Colbert report, but which honestly is a better news source then most the other news channels since his policy is point out and laugh at how much everyone screws up the news.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/glsyx9/stephen-colbert-s-bats--t-serious---child-immigrant-intrigue
http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/nx3ix1/stephen-colbert-s-bats--t-serious---child-immigrant-intrigue---john-burnett
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 09:28:19 am »
thx for posting that link the mobile device i use is kinda buggy at times but yah thats what i was trying to say thats what it looks like and whats happening

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 03:31:35 pm »
So the source of the claim is based on a conspiracy theory that a satirical news comedy show did a segment on?
Somebody made an outrageous claim, Colbert picked it up and ran with it for entertainment purposes. It's pretty obvious watching the segment that they aren't trying to claim that it's a real thing.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:55 am »
So the source of the claim is based on a conspiracy theory that a satirical news comedy show did a segment on?
Somebody made an outrageous claim, Colbert picked it up and ran with it for entertainment purposes. It's pretty obvious watching the segment that they aren't trying to claim that it's a real thing.

No clue, but it sounded like what Shard was trying to described which is the only reason I posted it, to see if they'd be like "That's what I was talking about" or not ... granted I wasn't even looking for trying to throw this topic any kind of bone I was just watching the Colbert Repot cause I like it :D
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline Mylo

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 10:33:51 am »
I believe this thread has something vaguely to do with the following:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/07/13/border-children-immigration-crisis/12594927/

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 11:58:17 am »
If there was any truth about the US government paying or providing
transportation to this country for illegal immigrants. Especially to
the central american families and children. It would be all over the news.

Politics being what they are you know the opposing political party would
have a field day with it. As is it seems both parties are on the hot seat.

What they are doing is providing transportation to holding centers and
to relatives here if they have any.

As usual there are many kinds of conspiracy theories as with anything
the government does or doesn't do.

Those who wish to debate what should or shouldn't be done
with them should start a thread for that.
oldrabbit.com

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2014, 01:32:28 pm »
I heard about a news story that seemed to describe a relevant situation; namely, there was a recent protest movement in California against the arrival of government buses containing detained immigrants from Central America.  While the article doesn't implicate "Illegal immigrants being brought over illegally in government buses", it does imply that the process transports said detainees into American cities, and subsequently fails to keep track of them afterwards:

Quote from: CNN (July 3rd)
The buses instead took the 140 or so undocumented immigrants to U.S. processing centers at least 80 miles away... Unlike undocumented Mexican migrants, who are often immediately deported, the U.S. government detains and processes the Central Americans, who are eventually released and given a month to report to immigration offices. Many never show up and join the nation's 11 million undocumented population, says the National Border Patrol Council....
(from http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/02/us/california-immigrant-transfers/)

Perhaps this captures the issue this thread is attempting to address?
Apparently, this sort of activity is occurring in several locations across the United States.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:34:27 pm by greenfox »
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2014, 11:05:16 pm »
One cannot bring a dog into the US without it being certified as healthy or even quarantined. Yet these children can be simply brought in and then busloads dispatched to the far corners of the country carrying God-knows-what. But you can't send them back--They're children! Some of them may be gang members or even drug mules or distracting border agents while the baddies cross over. Funny how the White House began acting even before these illegals approached the border. Just sayin'.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)