Poll

how many of you have rooms that would make a human double take

yup
57 (54.8%)
blah
47 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 102

Author Topic: a room fit for a furry  (Read 22346 times)

Offline Fenny the Fox

Re: a room fit for a furry
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 10:33:00 am »
Now that I have moved...my room is a little more on the normal side. Only brought a few of my plushies, and my little stone animal collection, and that cat blanket. No posters or piles of plush or whatnot.
Hmmm...I miss my darned piles of plush, so I will be moving that stuff this way next time I go home (probably spread the move out over a few visits, seems less like overkill and less conspicuous that way  8) ).
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline Feather_Claw

• Not all who wander are lost. ~J.R.R Tolkien
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 09:19:08 pm »
 :'( Sadly, since I'm living in what amounts to a room my grandparents use for storage my snow leopard-ness is not amused. People, however usually do a double take because they're like "OMG BIRD!!' since my parrot takes over the space much more than I do.

Ideal room would be open, well lit with a big pile of blankets and pillows in one corner, with hardwood floors and forrest green paint. Also of course need lotsa storage but I don't like clutter so save for storage, bird cage and bird stuff and my pc---nothing else except a few decorations/posters. Also---must have wonderful tribal music on it background  :D
-If humanity is to deem my spriit a sort of insanity you may keep it---I will dance with soul and howl where the wild things are in joyous madness. Nature may be violent red in tooth and claw but red is also the colour of life...

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2011, 10:29:43 am »
I'd love to have a room fit for my fursona, but I don't think I can do that until I'm living on my own or with my boyfriend who's also a fur. For my room to be fit for my fursona, half of the floor would be a patch of tall, soft grass so I can read and write in it, there would be trees coming through the walls and floors, and my bed would look like a burrow, even with a little hole for an entrance :)

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Craulf

• Solatorobo!
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2011, 07:54:38 pm »
While not exactly fit for my fursona, my room still stands out quite a bit. It's completely blue and has a border of fish swimming near the ceiling (it circles my entire room) My drapes are also blue with more fish on them, and I have plastic cutouts of random undersea creatures places on my walls. This would be perfect if I say, lived underwater...which I don't :P The only other noticeable thing is the random placement of my plushies. You casually walk in and see them nicely placed on my dresser and bed frame, then turn around and go  :o when you see the giant back corner of my room with something like 80 different animals, ranging from beanie-baby size to giant hugable plushies. It's literally a depression in the wall so you can't see it from the doorway.
What? Easy mode? How lame! Only kids play on easy mode! kyahahahahahaha!
..... I might have a touhou addiction o.o

Offline Woodsmoke

• Male
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2011, 11:31:01 am »
My room's almost fit for a furry...definitely plenty of soft toys lying around (...plenty), blankets, a couple of fox pictures and plenty of other animal ones...all I need to perfect it is one big soft, fluffy, dark orange carpet that would be fit to sleep on.

yip.

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2011, 04:05:38 pm »
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 03:00:49 pm by DreamerHusky »

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:41 pm »
I took some pictures of around my aprtment some time ago.

Yes that is a  Hello Kitty Comforter

Refrigerator

Offline Woodsmoke

• Male
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2011, 06:03:17 am »
Love the hello kitty-ness. ^^

Offline Hashira

• Species: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • they/their, she/her
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 11:51:56 am »
My room has lego stuff everywhere, all my wonderful trophies, the walls and bed are blue like my fursona, stuffed animals lay on my bed or the floor if it's unmade which is usually the case :P, and a Bugs Bunny picture i got from grandma. And that's about it. Blah....
Come find me! More to come!

Offline MoonlightSerenity

• Female
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2012, 12:17:54 pm »
My room isn't that furry at the moment as I live in student accommodation, the most I have is some animal posters up on the wall (some of which are hand drawn by me). Which is a shame.... But the mess suits me...

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2012, 01:34:55 pm »
Not everything in my bedroom is furry/animal-related. Either way, apart from my plushies, I have a wolf-themed mink blanket on my bed, two 3D pictures (also of wolves), one beside my bed and the other in my en-suite bathroom, a statuette of a howling wolf on a shelf above my desk, and two Alpha & Omega figures beside it.

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2012, 01:43:26 pm »
I don't have a very furry room, as I live with my parents and they have yet to know about my furriness. But when I get my own place, it will be more furry. Not an overwhelming furry theme, but enough that I like it and another furry would say, "Hey, this is a cool place ya got here."
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2012, 04:57:33 pm »
I don't have any pics of my dorm room handy, but I have a few of my room at home.  This is a picture of my stereo, wall, and window woodwork, and this is a more detailed picture of a different section of my walls.

That room used to have several pieces of artwork and plushies in various places around the room, but those are now making my dorm room look less like that of an unusually well furnished asylum.  I really don't get why they choose to paint all of the walls a pure white.  Colored paint isn't that much more expensive, and even something such as a very pale blue would make the room less bland...
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline Nabru Wolfpup

• Male
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2012, 05:06:49 am »
Most of my friends think im in some freaky wolf cult......is there one? I might want o joi...umm....i mean...nothing, i said nothing! :D (:

Offline PsychotixxFoxx

• ♪✖‿✖♪
  • Female
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2012, 03:59:45 pm »
My room is cozy, but so full of stuff its not funny. My entire walls are covered with basically a giant collage of stuff.. drawings, lots of zombies, posters, signs (a stop sign and a mph sign), printouts of various foxes and dragons. My bed and closet are full of plushies, my tail hangs proudly near my scarf/hat rack, and I have blue and rainbow Christmas lights hung around the room. My window is covered with a big tie dye rainbow curtain, and I have some paisely curtains hung around my bed, and a string of rainbow faygo bottles (my fave soda) strung across. A sketchtable takes of half my room, covered in art of furries and zombies, and my dragon miniatures are scattered throughout the room. I have an evil troll statue that I drew all over in a corner, wearing my golden sparkly top hat, and an amp, a bass, and two guitars.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:46:01 pm by PsychotixxFoxx »

Offline LunaFyrewillow

• Female
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2012, 06:10:51 am »
My room is peaceful and calm. I often get compliments from friends on the atmosphere of it. I have a lot of wolf things, though my fursona is not a wolf. I also have a lot of fur, because I love it <3 and I also work with it (sometimes) outside of being a furry in my art projects. Wolves have an importance to me outside of the furry community, so I think it is acceptable to have lots of it. Being a fox-cat, my cat side demands somewhere huge, comfortable, and fun place to sleep, nap, rest, read, play video games, etc. I always require my bed to be somewhat near or under a window for sun spots or a nice breeze (when possible). To this day, Luna likes to think she has the most comfortable bed ever. My room is a mixture of...me. Not all based on my fursona, but more of who I am as a whole. A circle.

This is a picture I took of my bed at one point for a "photo of the day" thing I was doing.

Offline Saiyu

• Species: SkunKitty
  • OMG there's text here!
  • Female
    • Saiyu's commissions
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2012, 06:57:10 am »
Lol >w<; my bedroom is like almost PACKED with things! From "posters" to Plushies xD and little knick knack-like stuffies lol and Anime...>> << hmm. Fit for ~MY~ Furry self >w< haha and makes people have a double-look!

Would you like to stalk my DeviantArt
Or YouTube xD?

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 01:34:56 pm »
My room is rather large so my fursona would like that, my only blanket is a giant wolf blanket, i have a rattlesnake skin that my grandpa gave me on the shelf above my TV, and antlers on top of my bookshelf, and of course plushies everywhere.
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline momtofurry

• Mom to ArticShadow
  • Female
    • http://againstthemain.com/
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 12:44:26 am »
If my fursona had her way, my bedroom would be filled with multi-layered ledges for her to jump from one to the other. My bed would be a huge round soft, fluffy pallet right in front of the window.  :)

“To have a full stomach, to daze lazily in the sunshine--such things were remuneration in full for his adors and toils, while his ardors and toils were in themselves self-remunerative. They were expressions of life, and life is always happy when it is expressing itself.”
― Jack London, White Fang

Offline Magna

• Female
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
I've got a 46 inch water buffalo horn in my room, along with a ringtail cat pelt and a red morph coyote pelt (all humanely/morally/ethically/legally obtained, no comments please if you don't like it). I also have a whole bunch of blankets and a ton of pillows on my bed. I like to make myself a little nest/cave to sleep in all nice and fuzzy and warm.

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2012, 04:40:13 pm »
I pretty much sleep on my floor, except when I am forced to sleep on my bed. My desk is where I keep my notebooks and my picture. I also have a huge wolf blanket that I use when it is cold,  cause its furry, and a build-a-bear wolf in a leather jacket that I use as a pillow.I pretty much sleep buried under all my stuffed animals, with no space except a breathing hole.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Amy

• A transsexual kitty ^-^
  • Female
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2012, 02:23:48 pm »
My current room has a minimalistic feel. I have a small room, maybe 12' x 8', just by looking at the walls. One corner has a reading chair that's mostly used for chucking my school bag and jacket on, a big bookcase that is full to the brim with books, board games, and random trinkets like my binoculars and junk box of electronic components. On one side of my bookcase I have a small drawer that looks like a bedside table, and on the other I have my clothes hamper. I have a fan by my chair for when it was too hot at night, that I haven't gotten around to moving out of my room. My window and my closet have long, dark grey curtains on them, which block out all of the light in my room; I prefer to have the curtains closed and my computer lamp on rather than use natural light. I have a futon bed, which can change between a 100 degree couch, a 135/145 degree lounge couch, and a 180 degree bed in a snap. I have 8 pictures in a random shape on my wall, all of them sizable (8" x 11" prints in 1' by 1' 4" frames) but one, which is a 8" x 8" frame around the one picture I actually took. All of the others are pictures that my mom took, with my assistance.

The wall with my pictures and bookcase is dark grey, the other two with my closet and window are blood red.

In the future, I want to hang the recurve bows I get on the wall. :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 02:26:31 pm by Amy »
Skype- amyandrews27

Furry Code

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »
my room makes people double take cause it very messy.  (:  my room isnt furry, but my dream room would have large windows. the walls painted to look like a forest. a LOT more stuffed animals, and a LOT mre blankets so i can build a den.

Offline Volt

• Female
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2012, 06:36:18 am »
My room is quite dark-looking, especially now in the Fall-Winter when I have my black comforter out. The small rug is black, and the curtains are as well so I can actually sleep. I have several small dragon statues on display, as well as various other figurines. There are several small baskets full of soft toys, mostly stuffed animals (including a buttload of cows!) but also a few Pokemon and anime toys. My current "most-prized" plushies are on my bed, including my beloved camel, Creambo, and a huge Charizard, among others. My large plushies are on top of the wardrobe (which is full of drawings and junk).  My tv is on a small entertainment center by my door, which is also full of books and anime dvds. In the closet, I have my clothes (wow!), plus a bunch of manga and my plastic wolf and unicorn masks. I don't like things to be on the walls, so I have only a wildlife calendar up. Also, there's a bunch of junk in random places that I'm too lazy to put in the proper spot...

Best of all, I have two live animals in my room! Two cages on separate sides of the room, one for each of my ferrets. Having them in here gives my room and everything in it a nice ferrety smell. I personally love the smell of ferrets, but some people...not so much xD

I dunno if my room is "fit for a furry," but it sure is fit for me.

Offline werecat2012

• Male
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2012, 09:59:29 pm »
My bedroom is small and cozy, and is also the warmest room in the house.  :)

Cats like small, cozy, warm spaces. So I guess my room would be good for a feline fursona. Some days I wake up and both of the cats are in my room.

I don't have a bunch of posters or other obviously furry things. My computer desktop has a tiger wallpaper right now though. I also have a blanket with a picture of a wolf on it. That's about it.

Regarding the pictures from earlier in this topic... I miss Faygo! Stores here don't sell that stuff.