Author Topic: I Just Finish Cheerilee's Garden...  (Read 4448 times)

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
I Just Finish Cheerilee's Garden...
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:02:53 am »
That is something I never plan on revisiting EVER again. I started reading it thinking "I've probably read worse" I have never been so wrong. I will not be resting easy tonight.

If you've read the story what is your thoughts/opinions?

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: I Just Finish Cheerilee's Garden...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 12:06:36 am »
I feel like people write that stuff to get a reaction and..well, that's what they get. Honestly, the best one of those is definitely Rainbow Factory because not only was it believable, it was well written.

Offline Aliikaiokai

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 05:17:16 pm »
I agree, but I think it was that I wasn't expecting it at all. I had been looking for something more cheerful, and while very, very unbelievable, it did get its point across of being gruesome.

Offline EmmaCornell

• Time to bake cupcakes!
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 03:01:57 pm »
I've actually yet to read Cheerilee's Garden, although I know what it's generally about. The only one of those stories that could really get a reaction out of me was Sweet Apple Massacre. I nearly vomited on my poor dog. It also aggravated my paranoia for a week. I've read some of the others like Cupcakes and Rainbow Factory, and I liked those for how well written they are. But Sweet Apple Massacre... :P

Furry Code:
FCW3acdrs A- C- D+++ H+++ P++ R T++ W Z- Sf RLMH a- c++ d+ e- f++ h* i+ j+ p sf
To decode for you -> http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ :)

Offline Dusty

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 08:50:53 am »
Stories like that are generally written really poorly and focus more on shocking the reader with ridiculous degrees of gore rather than presenting an interesting tale. I remember reading most of the stories mentioned here and they didn't really do anything for me because they don't really make me care about the characters beyond them being yanked from a TV show I like.

There are a few grimdark stories I appreciate though. They're extremely brutal to read and quite lengthy (and definitely not family friendly). One of them is called Eyes Without a Face, and has some of the most vicious writing I've seen in an MLP fanfic. The other one (which I'm not sure if I should name, because the title is deliberately similar to that of a very controversial book) features a licentious Canterlot aristocracy that indulges in incredibly depraved behaviour. It's an interesting read and is easily a thousand times more disturbing than anything like Cupcakes.

Offline KitKatPurrpurr

• Species: Deer, jaguar
  • Jagdeer
  • Female
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 04:27:25 am »
Sweet Apple Massacre didn't bother me. Not because I've got a stomach of steel (believe me, I do NOT), but because it was literally just violence and gore for the sake of being there (plus my boyfriend and I were on Skype together at the time and he was asleep, and his breathing soothed me). It wasn't written well and it was just too over the top. I tried reading Rainbow Factory, but the main gory part I didn't really visualize well, so I was just confused. Plus it was long and I didn't feel like really reading the whole thing. But those are all the grimdarks I've read.