Author Topic: The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)  (Read 11914 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: The Tale of Manor Blanc (OOC)
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:38 pm »
Name: Alda Baren
Species: White-tailed deer
Backstory: So all in all Alda has been pretty cruel when it comes to the business world. Having almost no personal time to herself, she constantly tended to clients and even dropped said clients for better ones. Of course there was nothing personal about it but she had a harsh way of putting it when she dropped what she called the 'no talents.'
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2015, 11:22:01 pm »
Alright, Wise looks good. I little thin but i can work with it.

And Jacoby, a bit skimpy but i can work with it as well.

Now Gauthar mentioned a second character and Tren's second is in progress, with that I'm currently counting...11 house guests. I think i might up the number of house guests i had in mind. Give people time to learn how this works seeing it's not the...standard RP formula.

Name: Leah Alvarez
Species: Red Panda
Backstory: Leah had a pretty average life, had an okay apartment, made okay money, decent love life...Until she got targeted by a serial killer. She was trapped by him for nearly three months forced to play their sick games to survive competing against others just as bad off as her...After barely escaping with her meager prize $666 she bought some ghost-hunting gear and began travelling around to haunted places from old mansions to abandoned hospitals spending nights 'sleeping amongst the spirits' as she puts it...Then she recieved her invitation to Manor Blanc...

Name: Helena Ashenvale
Species: Raccoon (purple with black markings)
Backstory: Helena is an immgrant, grew up in Romania. At the age of 19, her parents sent her to America saying her star was brightest and she'd pave their way to America in time...years later, she barely makes it in a crappy apartment selling her art and waitressing for what that don't cover. She's hasn't let that extinguish the fire in her however, she saw the invitation to Manor Blanc as her chance to prove her star really is brightest.

Name: Cheryl Straton
Species: Human
Backstory: Cheryl had a pretty good life, joined the army to support her son she'd had in high school. She served for ten years until a run-in which nearly cost her her life she was forced to retire only to come home to find her son's father broke off the engagement. at 33, she got into business as a small-time private investigator through which she met her second lover with whom she had her daughter although they're unsure about tying the knot. When Cheryl received the invite to Manor Blanc she saw it as 'The case of the Year.'

Name: Leon Voltin
Species: Wolf/Otter
Backstory: Leon grew up rather isolated, living in a small waterfront town. Leon never had too much of an interest in heavy labor or the like. His parents were never the fondest of him, having rather 'odd' tastes in hobbies as they thought for a boy. Rather than wrestling and sports, he preferred ballet and meditation. At 18, he moved to Philidelphia with his girlfriend to pursue a career in theater. After a few recommendations and big shows, Leon was rollin in the dough but quickly sank into debt...But with his recent bill also came...his invitation.

Name: Mark Williams
Species: Wolf
Backstory: Mark Was an example of a star student, high school valedictorian, honors in medical school...No surprise he had a leading practice in the dental field. While he was willing to help the less-fortunate, he had done some...questionable things. Eventually he got stung for it and nearly lost his license to practice. He now works at the community clinic, having a hard time trying to reopen his practice...then after one long day, he got his invitation...

Name: Marie Knight
Species: Cardinal
Backstory: Marie grew up the youngest of five children. Often handed most things in her life, after she got out of high school she decided to enroll in the police academy to finally earn something in her life. It was for sure the toughest thing she'd put herself through but in the end it was more than wrth it in her eyes, especially when she graduated and joined the force. Right after her first day on the job...her invitation came.

Name: Riley King
Species: Leopard
Backstory: Riley grew up rather poor in his lifetime, somewhat malnourished at times. Mostly getting in trouble in his youth, he barely graduated from school and ended up as a janitor as a photography studio. One day, when someone needed one more person for a project Riley volunteered and it was shortly after he got spotted for his first gig. Now he models everything from jeans and suits to swimsuits and underwear, now happy and making a decent living he got his invitation...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:00:46 am by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2015, 08:27:52 am »
Soo how many characters do we have, and how many more do we need? :)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2015, 09:50:59 pm »
with cards to be filled, ten. I was looking for twelve characters but i might pad it out to sixteen so everyone can have a case or two to sort of figure out how the game works.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 09:44:37 pm »
Name: Elis
Species: (Humans allowed) Husky
Appearance: Being pretty short she stood  5'4 weighing about 140. She tried to stay in shape by going on runs and hitting the punching bag in her garage. Usually wearing a a short sleeve shirt with a pair of loose fitting pants. Her fur being white with black was usually dyed a different color almost weekly. The white usually dyed pink, purple, or sometimes green. Short hair that was white with different colored tips, her eyes being a deep blue color
Backstory: Growing up in a stable household made life pretty boring for Elis. She never struggled, she never had to wonder where he next meal would come from...boring. As Elis grew up she would watch the folks around her making bets on the school ground something usually stupid. After a while she got into it and would always raise the stakes for the bet. One time even betting her hair being shaved off.

As she grew the bets became more and more intense as well learned to get a great poker face, she learned how to play cards, and other games. She became an addict to the betting thrill it gave her. Sometimes she would walk away with money that would last months or..walk away needing to repay the bookies. She took a few high stakes gambles a few times and, even though would come out shaking said she felt alive. Playing Russian Roulette once. She ended up learning of underground fight arenas and started to make bets on the fights and eventually made a lot of money on a fighter named Rouen.

A few years making bets, playing poker games, and underground fights. Her luck turned however when she heard Rouen the underground fighter was returning from a leave cause of medical reason. He lost his arm and she had already placed a bet on him. She lost a large amount of money, she found herself in debt for the first time in her life as she received an invite to win enough money to pull her out of debt. She flipped a coin on whether to go or not. Her motto was "I'll let fate decide it."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:04:26 pm by Gauthar »

Offline Talia Garrison

• Species: Zoruark
  • I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 04:10:01 pm »
Hey I would like to join, but are powers allowed?

Offline LiveHomeVideo

• Species: Fox
  • Female
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 04:28:30 pm »
This is my first in-depth, serious roleplay; I've been involved in more joking roleplays before, though. I'll make one character now, maybe another later.

Name: Ann Michaels
Species: Fox
Appearance: Wears a slightly worn out grey hoodie and jeans, and appears to not groom herself very well, with scruffy fur and bags under her eyes.
Personality: Though initially standoffish and not very social due to anxiety and depression, she is generally well-intentioned, meaning to help others, though she isn't always able to figure out how. She puts on a bright smile when at work, though on there are feelings of guilt over how her life turned out, as well as resentment towards her foster family. She also doesn't like to talk about her days as an entrepreneur.
Backstory: She was born under the name "Michelle May." In her early years she went into foster care after her parents passed away in an accident, and was raised by a rich, successful married couple. From the age of 10 she was raised in the world of business, learning all about how corporations work, how the stock market worked, and most of all how to sell a product. On her 18th birthday she was given a large sum of cash to start her own business. She started a computer electronics company, and became rather successful herself, becoming a millionaire. That is, until one fateful day, about a year ago, her company released a faulty product that caused a major consumer backlash, and she went bankrupt. She ended up selling the company to her foster parents, who then broke it off and sold it in pieces. She became devastated by this, and disowned her foster family, and legally changed her name to Ann Michaels. She then moved on to a poorer neighbourhood, working as a waitress in a seedy bar, trying to keep a low profile.

EDIT: Changed some details and added personality details.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 08:05:29 pm by LiveHomeVideo »

Offline Talia Garrison

• I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 05:14:01 pm »
I'll just make a character and if anyone objects to her power I can change it.

Name: Anny Rose
Species: Chinese Fire bellied Newt
Appearance: (looks like an anthro version of this http://www.ecohealthypets.com/browse_animals/amphibians/2-chinese_fire_bellied_newt ) Wears a pair of glasses that she needs, a water absorbing, pink tight shirt that helps keep her skin wet and a pair of short shorts that serve the same function. Doesn't wear shoes and isn't very tall.
Background: Parents were immigrants to the U.S from China but she was born in the U.S. She is a natural at hacking and electronics as she was born a Technomancer, someone who can hack electronics with there mind. She doesn't really now how she does it but she tries to keep her powers on a low key since most people like her are taken and never seen again. She is constantly having to move but hopes to find someplace to settle down soon.

She is a massive nerd and spends most of her time on the computer, but she does try to get out and meet people. She tends to be shy but if the topic involves video games, movies or anime she will talk up a storm.

Other things of note: Being an aquatic creature that can go on land poses many problems for her. While on land her skin tends to get dry which is very uncomfortable and she has to carry a backpack full of water bottles that she occasionally pours on herself to keep her skin wet. She  sleeps fully submerged in water and that normally means she sleeps in a bathtub while wearing a bathing suit.   

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 09:04:23 pm »
You know what?  I think Nedan is gonna go it alone on this one.  (Just think of all the trouble Yuri would have gotten him into anyways!)

In that case, my cards are done.

Offline Talia Garrison

• I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2015, 06:46:11 pm »
So are we going to start soon?

Offline Talia Garrison

• I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2015, 03:43:23 pm »
I'm guessing no...

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2015, 04:09:28 pm »
i really don't know sorry :(

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »
Hopefully soon we can start but i am piecing together the last case or two at the moment. Also,i'm still carding out the extra house guests at the moment, not the easiest thing with my recent spike in hours at work and all.  :(

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2015, 07:04:44 am »
Thats ok *Hugs*
I think we're just pumped and ready XD

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 01:21:12 pm »
Don't worry about it bro, if we can wait as long as we have already and still be interested, i'll be damned if we can't wait a little more.  :D

Take your time.

Offline Talia Garrison

• I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 03:27:28 pm »
Yeah, I can wait a little longer.

Offline LiveHomeVideo

• Species: Fox
  • Female
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2015, 03:46:22 pm »
I'm gonna have to withdraw from this roleplay, as I don't think I'll have the time to be able to participate in the coming months. My sincere apologies, and hope the rest of you have a good time!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2015, 10:07:18 pm »
i think while i'm carding the remainder of the houseguests, i'll get on about the next bit of preparation...determining who the killer is. I will ask each participant privately if they'd be okay with their or one of their characters being the killer, then from all who say yes i will randomly select a character and they will be the murderer. This should allow the killer's identity to remain anonymous.

Offline Talia Garrison

• I'm a trickster
  • Female
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2015, 11:57:36 pm »
So it's a murder mystery...this should be fun.

Offline Natura Wolf

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2015, 02:59:18 am »
ooooooooo, exciting stuff

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2015, 09:03:14 pm »
Alright, just as a small update i'm just waiting on one maybe two more private message responses before i set this gamer of murder in gear. Just didn't want you thinking i abandoned this is all.

Offline redyoshi49q

• Species: (*please see above*)
  • Avatar from Dexcat's MFF 2013 Photoshoot
  • Male
    • Enigma Cipher (software project)
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2015, 05:33:53 am »
Alright, just as a small update i'm just waiting on one maybe two more private message responses before i set this gamer of murder in gear. Just didn't want you thinking i abandoned this is all.

Don't worry, I've been replenishing the pile of phoenix downs on top of the thread; we should be good for a while.

(Thanks for the update, by the way.)
"Perfect normality is impossible.  Be unique!"
-- redyoshi49q

^ (click) Puzzle game!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2015, 12:52:39 am »
Big announcement peoples!

The killer has been selected, the lucky individual (or unlucky depending on how you spin it) will recieve a pm within the next day.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2015, 05:03:22 am »
cool, so when do we start?
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2015, 11:34:14 am »
I'll probably start it late tomorrow when i have the time to write out a good intro post.