Author Topic: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot)  (Read 10051 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot)
« on: January 09, 2016, 06:07:47 pm »
Alright, my loves, first new rp of my return!!!!

In the future, machines rule all. Technology is the key. Articficial intelligences run vast programs too complex for normal furs. Cybernetic enhancments are considered a way for the rich elite too keep up with modern problems. Supersoldiers fight our battles. We travel at superspeeds on bullet trains, suspended on magnetic rail-lines. Mech-suits are currently being worked on in the governments labs. And the cities have grown into towers of glistening lights. But even in these times, there are problems. Shadow corp has continued to produce one of the few advancments ruled illegal. Nano-technology. These tiny machines are ruled as too unpredictable and dangerous to warrant use. But Shadow corp smelled money, and has covertly kept the program running over the years. Of course, there are those with less clear motives....

Join this shadowy environment, and see what lies in wait. Are you one of shadow corps goons? or one of their techs? Or maybe you want to see them brought to justice? Whatever your desire, you can find it. But beware, theres a ghost in the machine...

Assistant GM: Sledge

Character cards to be filled out as such

Name:
Species:
Alliance: Government/shadowcorp/independent (specify)
Cybernetic enhancments: If any
Personality:
Notable equipment:
Backstory:

Have fun everyone. My rules
1. No godmodding
2. Don't argue with me or sledge
3. if you have a problem with something, ask me or sledge. if you have a problem with someone, take it to pms
4. have fun
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Shadows in the machine: A tainted A.I. (shadow A.I. reboot)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 08:33:27 pm »
Name: project K11SCH "Killswitch"
Species: Panther (feral)
Alliance: Government (SWAT)
Appearance: large for his species, heavily muscled with sleek black fur and blue eyes. Tungsten carbide edged titanium claws. Titanium weapon mounts on shoulders and bionic right eye.
Cybernetic enhancements: visual overlays, brain enhanced with military processors and combat software, speech implant, Emotional dampeners.
Personality: usually has a dry sense of humor when emotional dampeners are not engaged. Fiercely loyal to his handler and the scientist that created him, though prone to psychotic breakdowns and fits of rage due to random triggers from his past. May be susceptible to the lure of a female.
Notable equipment:  bones replaced with carbon fiber/titanium copies tungsten edged titanium claws, and weapon mounts available for handler's choice in weapons(these follow Killswitch's gaze and fire with a mental cue, but cannot be reloaded and are usually ejected when empty in order to reduce weight.)
Backstory:

Name: Apparition "Appi"
Species: AI program
Appearance:
Cybernetic enhancements:
Personality:
Notable equipment:
Backstory:

I'll edit this more later.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:18:47 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 08:43:35 pm »
This caught my eye however do you think I could get a list of cybernetic that way I know what is and isn't aloud?

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 12:26:45 am »
It's sort of a "you ask, i deny or approve"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:36:52 am »
Name:Artyom Mendeleev
Species:East-European Shepherd (looks like a regular East-European Shepherd, average muscle,  handsome, distinct scar on his face)
Alliance: Works to sabotage Shadow Corp activities (so I guess rebel then).
Weight: 190lbs
Height: 6'1"

Cybernetic enhancments: Enhanced movement speed, reflexes, sight, and strength.

Personality: Merciless when dealing with Shadow Corp forces. If he's surrounded and he knows he's outgunned he might just give up (only to try to trick them). If he's not fighting and you get to know him, he's caring, kind, and just a decent fur. Enjoys playing the electric guitar. Has a slight Russian accent, and a military voice.

Notable equipment: Modified ghillie suit for urban/city environments (material dims his heat signature). Hybrid Assault Sniper Rifle (HASR for short, looks like a AR-10 except a little more advanced and a 20 inch barrel, semi-auto and 3 round burst modes) with suppressor, bipod, long range/short range Scope (the scope has different modes for different situations),  25 round magazines, built in computer for determining range (chambered in .300 RUM  uses high power loads, AP, API, and HEI rounds on his targets). Wrist mounted touch screen that monitors vitals. Sidearm: .44 Magnum Revolver, and Ka-Bar knife. Uses tracking grenades (detects enemies and seeks them out for 7 seconds, can be switched over to be used like regular frag grenades), and mines. Wears military style camo boots, made with noise reducing technology (makes him harder to hear and detect).  He's well trained in combat.

Backstory: He moved to this city and originally lived in Moscow. He didn't exactly like any government system, so he decided to fight groups that did illegal activities. He's already been hunted down twice, and has been laying low for now. He often does his work more carefully now to avoid being caught. His parents died, and he lived with his grandpa growing up.

(Tell me if I need to tone this down and I will happily do so).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 11:11:57 pm by Amducious »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Kalam

• Species: African Painted Dog
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 01:48:01 am »
Name: Dakota Raffigan
Species: Raptor
Alliances: Independent (Retired rich convict) (for exact details find out by asking him and reading the backstory lol.)
Cybernetic enhancments: Dakota's legs have been entirely replaced with cybernetics that allow him outrageous speed in short bursts. His claws are mostly made of an osmium alloy bringing together lightness and the extreme density and strength of osmium. Lastly a special system that develops simple clones the three clones and Dakota are all exactly the same white projector like image. They can all act like him but the clones immediately vaporise upon any specific physical contact, or will time out after about 20 seconds. (Punches, bullets and thing like that.)

Personality: Kind of a thug. Likes to push around those who prey on less fortunate furs, and tends to make any disobedient in his line of "employees" disappear. Many underestimate him which is unfortunate for them. (This is kind of vague.)

Notable equipment: Dakota owns an array of weapons. Most notable is his 3D ammo printing machine gun. It fires 5.56 rounds printed by an internal printing system with a special reserve. It does need to have a special liquid replaced after some time. His home also has several defense systems along with physical protection.

Backstory: Dakota grew up in the wrong part of town. He quickly while growing up followed less than okay crowds. Quickly he joined up with a gang and with rather terrifying determination climbed the ranks. Eventually with clever planning and some tactical removal of competition he became the leader of said gang. With Dakota the lead of a top gang it quickly rose to THE top gang. After several years of beating all competition and Dakota rising in wealth he passed the torch on to a trustworthy friend. Dakota now lives as one of the elite, with a fancy house, cars, and cybernetic enhancement. Even being one of the rich Dakota still pays homage to his poor upbringing and neighbourhood. Even keeping ties with the gang he once ran.

(Must join, done!)

(Let me know if you think it's a tad overkill.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:14:11 pm by Kalam »

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 12:33:18 pm »
So can we have like codenames or like call signs for our characters? And I know nothing of what weapons and equipment would be used in the future so could I just use some guns and amour from my advanced warfare character?
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 05:28:21 pm »
Hey Sledge, wanna do the Fyr Cat/Manticore tag-team again?  :D

Mark is gonna be here either way, but he could use a buddy.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 06:47:54 pm »
Unfortunately Diesel won't be in this one... However, if you want to check my cards, I do have an experiment that could've been from the same place...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 07:50:36 pm »
 :(

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 10:49:58 pm »
Officially done! I would like to know if it needs toned down. I feel it may.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 11:07:17 pm »
Kalam- I'm going to say it's a little OP'd, what with the Jammer-blocker, amongst other things, but I'm going to leave that ultimately up to the GM.

Amducious- the amount of explosives seem a little much, but once again, ultimately up to Blackrose.

Offline Kalam

• Male
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 11:12:44 pm »
I'll just remove that anyways. Unless I think of a balanced way to make it work. Also changed a few things. Now I will leave it to GM. See what happens.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 11:15:00 pm by Kalam »

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 11:54:54 pm »
Kalam- I'm going to say it's a little OP'd, what with the Jammer-blocker, amongst other things, but I'm going to leave that ultimately up to the GM.

Amducious- the amount of explosives seem a little much, but once again, ultimately up to Blackrose.
I'll change that, see if it looks good   :)
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 12:55:10 am »
So can we have like codenames or like call signs for our characters? And I know nothing of what weapons and equipment would be used in the future so could I just use some guns and amour from my advanced warfare character?

Sorry, missed this one.

Code names/nicknames, sure. I'm not too sure how the Advanced warfare thing would go... Try making something up first, then we'll see, alright?

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 01:10:03 am »
Dude. This sounds like it will be an awesome story.

Name: Designate: T45-S.O. Unit 7 "Tasuneviir"
Species: Synthetic Organic Wolf
Alliance: Government/shadowcorp/independent (specify): Shadow Corp. Ex Government.
Cybernetic enhancments (if any): Brain Integrated AI, CyberArm V X-3.3B
Personality: Rogue-ish. Follows orders but likes to do so in his own way.
Notable equipment: Servo Enhanced Titanium Armor "Venus Armor", X8-B33 Focused Laser Rifle
Backstory: (Warning: its a bit long) As a Synthetic Organic Wolf, Tasuneviir was not born. He was built. A secret government project produced 15 Synthetic Organics. 7 died within minutes of creation. The rest were put through vigorous training exercises and classes. You looked at his age and thought "4? Really?" Remember, he was built as an adult male. 4 died during the AI Integration process. Their bodies refused to accept the integration and ceased to function. The remaining four survived and were given Mark 2 Servo Enhanced Titanium Armor codenamed Venus Armor. This all happened within three months of his creation. As a test, they set the remaining Synthetic Organics up against 12 Marine Corps volunteers. All volunteers died. One Synthetic Organic was wounded.

After this success, the government implemented them into the Marine Corps with Sergeant Major ranking. Two years after this, they were put up against impossible odds. Fighting a rogue mech. This mech crushed one Syntheitc Organic within minutes of the fight's start. For the next two days they fought relentlessly, the mech throwing around the 600 pound Synthetic Organics and their titanium armor like ragdolls into walls and columns. Tasuneviir managed to climb into the unknowing mech's back, waiting for it to vent its fusion core. When it did so,  he reached into the burning infurno that was the mech's back and tore out the fusion core. Immediately, the mech stood straight up, shut all access points, then collapsed, crushing and pinching his arm off. He looked around at his fallen comrades, one was crushed, another was torn in half. The next had a hole through his chest. Tasuneviir looked for something to wrap his arm up in and made a tourniquet and stopped the bleeding. He returned to his commanding officer and was rushed to a lab where the stump of an arm was removed and replaced with his current arm. He was eventually court marshalled for "doing everything wrong" and disobeying orders and abandonment of his squad. He was sent to death by firing squad, but he never arrived. The truck did, but he did not. He wandered the lands, hiding from the government wherever he could. Until Shadow Corp found him, starving in an alley with his CyberArm heavily damaged.

It was then that he got a soft, warm bed and a room to himself for the first time in his life. Shadow Corp fixed him, hid him from the government and faked his death to keep him safe. He started to learn social skills and yet, he felt he was missing something. He was built to fight and he knew it. He begged Shadow Corp to let him fight once more and they returned to him his Venus Armor, repainted to Shadow Corp colors. He was sent out bounty hunter style to find and kill those who spoke out against Shadow Corps nanotech plans and he did his job well. Every death appeared to be an accident, just how Shadow Corp wanted it.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 08:34:39 am »
Will post today o3o don't leave me -flail-

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »
Name: Sid Walker or "Reaper".
Species: American Pit Bull Terrier
Alliance: Shadowcorp
Cybernetic enhancements: He has implanted strength in his body to be able to operate his suit. 
Personality: Quite at times but always has a spot for money in his heart. He does whatever needs to be done to get the job done and is always quick to think of ways to get out of a situation he is in or to come out on top.
Notable equipment: He has a mechanized advanced heavy suit of armor. equipped with an arm-mounted minigunn and a shoulder-mounted micro-rocket swarm launcher and another shoulder mounted grenade launcher that fires different grenades for different scenarios. Regular grenades for when he is fighting, Emp grenades for when fighting other battles against tech users, And smoke grenades for when he needs to make an escape. His suits helmet has night vision and thermal vision built into his visor along with a small breathing mask for when he is in extremely hazardous environments. Then there is his radar that shows movement within a short distance of him to help find targets. And since he is very slow and has limited mobility he has thruster packs built into his armor so he can have a little boost when sprinting. Last but not least he has a companion drone he deploys from the back of his suit. It is a simple quad drone that has a beam gun and can repair his armor. The beam gun just fires a short stream of heat not really made to kill just stun enemies. He only uses it in when he is in dire need of help or repair.
Backstory: After years of being a solo gun for hire and working for one company to the next company.  Sid was approached by a mysterious person claiming to be from Shadowcorp. For some odd reason he felt this company was different than the rest. He then accepted the mans offer and started working for them. Doing any job they give him no matter what it is he always completes his tasks. Proving to be a valuable asset for the company.   
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:40:46 pm by Arachnid »
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 07:19:45 am »
Okay, sorry everyone, im here.

Okay. You are all accepted, and im not posting the rp yet, you have time Gauthur

Wow, everyone is playing big tanky warriors...

Name: Romeo Faust

Species: Pembroke welsh corgi

Cybernetic enhancments: Basic replacement chest, left arm, and left leg chassis (no special talents save keeping him alive). Integrated supercomputer and A.I./cyberware interface. Experimental nano-tech implements (simply tests suitability of nano-machines to operate in the fur body)

Personality: Arrogant, intellectual, cold, distant. Views himself as superior to those he can prove his intellect against, as well as "unmodded" furs

Notable equipment: Basic stun sidearm (contains robotic, cyber, and organic modes), PDA, supercomputer (adapted into an armpiece), personally developed artifical intelligence (Codename: Aileta)

Backstory: Romeo was originally the poster child for the ideal life. Rich, intelligent, popular, and the jewel of his parent's eyes. By the age of 21, this genius level tech-designer was lined up for a government job, a perfect marrige to a rich and fashionable lady, and a life or aristocratic ennui. This was not to be. When he spoke against the match, instead favoring his best friend Jordan Lewis, a husky of rather lower social class, his parents rapidly withdrew their support. He lost his job, contact with his family, and almost everything. The only thing he had left, his best friend/lover, he soon lost in a horrible accident that left his best friend dead, and Romeo with a crushed torso and limbs. But shadowcorp doesnt simply let go of such a potential asset. Using highly experimental and questionable nano-tech, along with advanced cyber-medicine,  they were able to save the fur and turn his brilliant mind to their purposes. Faust now sits as a leader in the commite that designs and implements artificial intellects.

Name: Aileta
Species: arctic fox
Cybernetic enhancments: Universal-tech uplink
Personality: Calm, detatched, servile
Notable equipment: n/a
Backstory: n/a

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Gauthar

• Male
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 09:10:32 am »
Name: Mikhail
Species: Snow Leopard
Alliance: Government/shadowcorp/independent (specify) Government

Cybernetic enhancments: Left eye was replaced with cybernetic one, it can see heat and even has an x-ray setting on it. Arm and leg enhancements to help him with speed. A mental enhancement providing numbing medicine if he has sustained damage, only enough so he can keep focus on what is at hand [also other reason]. 

Personality: Cold and calculating, using his enhancements to help determine weakness in enemies or finding objects he was sent out to get. Tends to want to work alone going so far as to allow other operatives to die 

Notable equipment: Rapier made from a special alloy to keep it always sharp and almost making it unbreakable, has an enhancement on it to shock people as well. Handle has built in dna reader only responds to him otherwise it deal a huge shock to person. A bomb implanted in him that is almost a last resort that would destroy him and a building. A pair of .45
handguns with special armor piercing bullets able to shred through most metal

Backstory: Growing up Mikhail never had much, be it money, food, or even friends. As he grew up he became very cold towards the world around him, learning how to use weapons very early on in solitude. Eventually making enough of a name for himself in solo work the government offered him a job. Something low on the scale to see where he would progress, jumping at the opportunity he began to get better equipped and even learning from real trainers in hand to hand, weapon use and so forth.

He ended up having to work with some people on missions and one of them was named Vince a red panda. They seemed to work great together dealing with situations. They worked almost like they knew each other their entire lives and eventually it seemed to become more. One day however on a mission everything came crashing down as Vince was killed in the line of duty. Mikhail began to slowly lose touch with reality forcing the government to allow him to work alone.

As he came to the age of 29 he began to cough up blood finding out he got a disease that gave him 4-5 years to live if he was lucky. He learned of ShadowCorp's nanotechnology and started his own side mission. To retrieve them and use them to cure him of his disease. 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 08:47:34 pm by Gauthar »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 06:50:39 pm »
*Deciding whether or not to join this.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 07:31:36 pm »
*would very much like if wise joined*
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 11:03:54 pm »
I would claim to be fashionably late as per usual, but I think I'm well past fashionable

Name:Tava
Species:Rabbit
Alliance: Independent. For hire.
Cybernetic enhancments: Skeletal reinforcement (harder to break limbs, more effectively absorb low speed impacts such as falls) Augmented hearing, Scent suppression
Biological enhancements:Muscular, skeletal, and nervous tissues have been enhanced before birth to create a faster rabbit with a lighter build, the downside being that they were unable to also make her stronger.
Personality:Catty, snarky, and somewhat lewd. She likes to toy with her targets when she can, and more often than not her personality gets her in trouble.
Notable equipment:
Mark IV wunderland armor exoskeleton- (would like to make it clear that this is an exoskeleton FROM an armor, and does not include the armor it's self)This exoskeleton, usually paired with the Mark IV wunderland armor, enhances the speed and stealth of an individual. Without the armor's built in servo system it only enhances the speed impact resistance and agility of the wearer, though the cloaking system IS active. It fits as if it's a skintight bodysuit.
Gauntlets- they extent up to the elbows, blades extend from the upper forearm of each. Bulletproof, small force field charger included, creates a force field that lasts 15 seconds, covers the torso, and takes 2 hours to recharge
Two Desert Eagle Mark XIX chambered in .357 magnum, silenced
Backstory:Is TBR acceptable?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:57:40 pm by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2016, 09:04:05 pm »
TBR is acceptable, but the character herself is not.

First of all, the character is too tough. It doesnt matter that her body wasnt made stronger, she has speed, stealth, manuverability, and impact resistance. This is not even counting the forcefields. Im afraid youll have to tone down your armaments somewhat, especially since your independent.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 09:17:22 pm »
but the only part of the character than can take a hit are the gauntlets and the forcefield and that's only frontal
I built the character to not be able to take a hit or deal out a hit, but to be fast, maneuverable, and stealthy
the impact resistance is only for low speed impacts such as falls, blunt thrown objects and maybe hand to hand

it's more of a hand to hand or run away character

I'm explaining just in case any of the perks were misunderstood
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?