general furry discussion > furry greetings

Rabbit hops in, sniffs around a bit, gnaws on server cables, hops back out

<< < (4/5) > >>

Jade Sinapu:
Haha!!
I know.  Rabbits also eat lettuce!

Or if you read Red Wall, rabbits  ( hares actually) eat EVERYTHING they can get paws on!

But in Uganda,  like most places, I suspect there is a lot of greens, root vegetables,  etc. Shrubs too.

Arbutus:

--- Quote from: Kay Alett on August 15, 2020, 09:39:29 pm ---ARBY! *pouncehugs* :D
Oh goodness it's been so long since I last heard from you. I'm glad you're doing well.
I also see that you're still a far-traveller.

--- End quote ---

Kayyyyyyyyyyy *hugs while doing a backflip* So glad to see you again!! Yeah, I have been through... a lot of countries in the last decade or so, which is great, because I couldn't have picked a better time to get out of the US!

--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on August 16, 2020, 09:16:20 pm ---Hi Arbitus,
Thanks for sharing your stories and the pictures!
I never got to know you well before you started traveling... But your stories of traveling and doing things that you believe in makes me wonder what my purpose is in life.  Maybe it is time for me to do something more fulfilling? I just can't travel that much.

--- End quote ---

Hey there, good to meet you! Looks like you arrived in Furtopia while I was away, so here, have a Carrot of Welcoming! *gets up on a ladder, removes a ceiling tile, and a leftover secret stash of Carrots of Welcoming from like 2010 pours out. They're still good!*

On doing something you believe in... no traveling required, necessarily! Especially in this age of simultaneous protests and pandemic, where so much valuable non-profit work has moved online. But I would say the main things you need are 1) an awareness of what it is you do believe in, 2) a commitment to work your tail off to get yourself from where you are now to where you want to be, and 3) a willingness to jump into the unknown once you get there. It's easier said than done, for sure; since college, I've gone through three jobs, night courses, and a master's program to set myself up for my current career. But now I'm here, and it's been so worth all the effort.

--- Quote from: Kay Alett on August 17, 2020, 07:22:14 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jade Sinapu on August 16, 2020, 09:16:20 pm ---Also,

What does a giant rabbit eat in Uganda?
Is there carrots?

--- End quote ---
Aw come on Jade, rabbits eat more than just carrots.

--- End quote ---

This is false. :orbunny:

But actually, for starters, we have four different types of bananas here, all of which are very different from each other and used for different purposes. One of them, matoke, is a Ugandan staple food and is served boiled and mashed as a base, like the equivalent of rice. It's, uh... I feel like it is not the best of our four types of bananas? :D It tastes nothing like you would expect, very bland and heavy. But I think I've developed a taste for it (though it's better with salt).

Old Rabbit:
It's good to see your doing well. My eyesight is too poor to draw like I used to, Or I would do a new drawing
of you, my favorite rabbit on Furtopia. :orbunny:

I am doing pretty good otherwise. Try to hop by every chance you get. We always enjoy your visits.
Tosses you a chocolate chip cookies.

Old Rabbit  :orbunny:

Arbutus:
*pokes their beak back into Furtopia to say hi*  :)

...wait. Did I say "beak"?

I've changed since the last time you heard from me! I'm going by the name Viridia now, and I'm a bird-- a Ross's turaco, to be exact, one of the most beautiful species of birds I have in my garden here in Uganda. I'm back into the furry fandom deep these days, and it felt right to take on a new fursona to reflect where I am in my life and how much I've changed since I created Arbutus over twenty years ago.

I think I'll still always stay Arbutus on Furtopia though, in tribute to all the memories this rabbit made here with you. So don't think I'm gonna give away my carrot stash just like that. >:( You can't just... well, hmm... okay, I might be willing to trade for a large pile of tropical fruits and berries. Let's talk. ;)

These days, I've been hanging out in two places I never would have imagined a year ago. First is Twitch, where I've found a group of wonderfully wholesome furry streamers and have found so much acceptance and love in the communities surrounding them. Second is VRChat, and this is the one that's still crazy to me. I got a VR headset very recently and have been spending a lot of time hanging out in the virtual world with friends I've made through Twitch. It's still blowing my mind that I can look down at my own body and see myself as a furry, and I can hang out "in person" with a bunch of other fluffy animals, despite the fact that most of them are 10,000 miles and several continents away. It's something that I thought would never be part of my life again after I moved abroad, but sometimes technology works miracles. If any of you folks from the old days of Furtopia happen to have VRChat, come say hi to ViridiaRoss. (:

So that's what I've been up to!

Arbutus:
Double post, but...

Do y'all remember Mazz? I lost touch with her years ago when we both stopped posting on Furtopia, and I didn't know she remembered me or even knew about my new fursona or name. But today, out of the blue, I opened up FA and found this.

Small acts of kindness, man. :'( :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version