Author Topic: Foods you can't eat.  (Read 18202 times)

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
Re: Foods you can't eat.
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 02:51:48 am »
Coffee or anything related to it XD
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Kastra Epsilon

• Possibly maybe hazardous.
  • Female
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2014, 07:27:24 am »
All eggs, mushrooms, and especially sea foods. (Ugh, just smelling them makes me choke)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2014, 08:47:07 am »
Mayonnaise...no more needs to be said about that...

Sea food, mushrooms, onions, peppers...ummm...anything spicy...not sure what else I can't / won't eat.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2014, 04:03:59 am »
Due to what I recently just forced myself to eat. I can't eat White chocolate or Cheesecake. I just had white chocolate cheesecake and feel like I'm going to die >.>  Never again..

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2014, 04:16:22 pm »
Due to what I recently just forced myself to eat. I can't eat White chocolate or Cheesecake. I just had white chocolate cheesecake and feel like I'm going to die >.>  Never again..

Eww... white chocolate, sorry but as someone who likes a stronger 60%-72% dark chocolate... white is just discussing. Universally doesn't mater if it's a top notch brand specially imported from Switzerland or no-name store brand. Not so found of cheesecake either, just not my cup of tea.
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2014, 11:56:51 pm »
Due to what I recently just forced myself to eat. I can't eat White chocolate or Cheesecake. I just had white chocolate cheesecake and feel like I'm going to die >.>  Never again..

Eww... white chocolate, sorry but as someone who likes a stronger 60%-72% dark chocolate... white is just discussing. Universally doesn't mater if it's a top notch brand specially imported from Switzerland or no-name store brand. Not so found of cheesecake either, just not my cup of tea.
I don't even like white chocolate. I like dark. Dark with a hint of chilli is amazing :D I love bitter chocolate :)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 06:55:00 am »
i like milk chocolate the most. i mostly like the creamy milk chocolate  tho.... white chocolate is ok but more than a few pieces get me sick... dark chocolate is just strange.... to me it tastes kinda funny but i still eat it....

but i have kinda been getting sick of sweet things... one thing i badly want for the past few months was terrimasue (no idea how to spell it)

and for something i can't eat is refrigerated bread.... don't know why but i just get sick of it.... and that post i made a few weeks ago about me being sick in the morning after i stopped eating refrigerated things i started to feel better.. strange.....

Offline Aloneness

• Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 03:28:41 am »
i like milk chocolate the most. i mostly like the creamy milk chocolate  tho.... white chocolate is ok but more than a few pieces get me sick... dark chocolate is just strange.... to me it tastes kinda funny but i still eat it....

but i have kinda been getting sick of sweet things... one thing i badly want for the past few months was terrimasue (no idea how to spell it)

and for something i can't eat is refrigerated bread.... don't know why but i just get sick of it.... and that post i made a few weeks ago about me being sick in the morning after i stopped eating refrigerated things i started to feel better.. strange.....

Creaminess when it comes to chocolate generally depends more so on how it's made as oppose to the cocoa content. Chocolate for the American market is generally a lot harder then in the EU market, as I've had special imported dark chocolate from Switzerland (which was a pain trying to get might I add) and even though it was 72% and even though it was neither sweet nor bitter, it was still very creamy. Same with various other imported chocolates I've gotten from Germany, etc.
Ren's Translation Note:

Avi by Haru

Offline JD

• Male
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 03:12:41 am »
I am allergic to bananas and lobster
Its unfortunate cuz i luvs lobster

Offline Darian

• Male
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 10:28:38 pm »
this was a hard one for me.. I love all kinds of food, but if I gotta pick one to say no to it's Hot-Pockets.
I use to eat them all the time, but now I can't stand the thought of them.  x_x

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 10:56:59 pm »
this was a hard one for me.. I love all kinds of food, but if I gotta pick one to say no to it's Hot-Pockets.

^ This. I used to eat them quite often, too. But now it's only very rarely and only certain types.

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2014, 02:40:39 am »
Mmm... I refuse to eat anything that comes from tomatoes or peanuts (tomato paste/sauce, ketchup, peanut butter, etc.).  People have always made fun of me for carefully scraping the tomato sauce off my pizza before I eat. (:

My parents would probably shun me if I ever ate a hot pocket :D.  I never have, though I can't say the look particularly appetizing (even in advertisements).
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 11:01:05 am »
My grandfather on my Dad's side died when I was 4. One of my only memories of of him was of him trying to convince me to eat sweet potato. To this day, it's one of the only foods I don't like :P

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 04:41:45 pm »
The only time I can eat Spaghetti is if the noodles are angel hair pasta or vermacelli. Big thick noodles turn my stomach. Something about the feel of it in my mouth. I'm allergic to almonds though I can eat a little without having a reaction. A Hershey bar with almonds won't usually effect me. I don't like Chili or soup. Like spaghetti I can only eat hot dogs when they're the smaller thinner variety. Can't eat the big thick ones and frankly I don't even like the thin ones much unless they're grilled outside to the point that part of the skin is black. I can't stand the look of grits or mayonnaise let alone the thought of putting them in my mouth. I'm a pretty picky eater.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Ezrah

• Species: Siberian Husky/German Shepherd mix
  • (AKA Geiger)
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2014, 04:32:42 am »
The one thing I can't eat are sardines or anchovies. They immediately gross me out even just hearing about them. Luckily no one else around me seems to like them either, so that's good I guess.
Come and join the party dressed to kill.

Avatar done by Star-gazer on FurAffinity.

Offline WhiteAkitaKeiko

• Species: hug loving American Akita
  • I will find you, and I will hug you
  • Female
    • My FA
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 04:58:24 pm »
I can't stand beetroots, garlic and avocado. They make sick  >:(
But sadly, i was forced to eat them for first 14 years of my life
Icon by myself

Choose wisely who you hate and hunt.
Because the shot you've used..might've been fatal

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2014, 12:32:03 am »
My grandfather on my Dad's side died when I was 4. One of my only memories of of him was of him trying to convince me to eat sweet potato. To this day, it's one of the only foods I don't like :P
I think my family told me at a young age that if you eat bread crusts you get curly hair. I'm pretty sure this is a major reason why they taste so disgusting to me. When I was making an honest attempt to eat them my mum said that and it put me completely off. Since then they just taste so disgusting I can't eat it. (pretty sure they tasted bad in the first place though)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2014, 09:35:32 am »
Lutfisk. There's something about the texture, the smell, the taste of lye cooked fish that puts me off.

Oh, and crab brains are nasty.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2014, 02:27:12 pm »
Ugh, the talk of white chocolate cheesecake made me taste bile  :P

Anyways, the only food I can't eat would have to be... Any creamed Veggies. Biologically, I can't take liquid milk, but oddly, cheese and ice cream are both things I can handle.
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 11:34:44 pm »

Anyways, the only food I can't eat would have to be... Any creamed Veggies. Biologically, I can't take liquid milk, but oddly, cheese and ice cream are both things I can handle.
That'd be because cheese has a lower amount of lactose in it then milk does. Not so sure about ice cream though.

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2014, 11:39:32 pm »

Yes! Blech!  All those things ;)
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2014, 09:14:10 pm »
IMO, liver should not be classified as edible. I was given a small piece from a relative to try at a fancy restaurant. I couldn't force it down. The flavor and texture were both appalling. They say that it's an acquired taste or something. I think what they really mean is that you can only stand to eat if after your sense of taste has deteriorated to the point where you can't actually distinguish any flavors at all.

Beyond that, I can't stand eating the chunks of fat on most meats. Bacon gets a pass on that, though. I've gone with friends to a barbecue place with really good brisket. My friends gave me a hard time because I 'only ate half the meat' on the plate. But what I left behind on the plate was all just fat.

I also will not eat meat off a bone. It creeps me out. T-bone steak? Cut the bone out and set it aside so I don't think about it while I'm eating it. I won't eat ribs or chicken wings or legs, either.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:56 pm »
IMO, liver should not be classified as edible. I was given a small piece from a relative to try at a fancy restaurant. I couldn't force it down. The flavor and texture were both appalling. They say that it's an acquired taste or something. I think what they really mean is that you can only stand to eat if after your sense of taste has deteriorated to the point where you can't actually distinguish any flavors at all.

Beyond that, I can't stand eating the chunks of fat on most meats. Bacon gets a pass on that, though. I've gone with friends to a barbecue place with really good brisket. My friends gave me a hard time because I 'only ate half the meat' on the plate. But what I left behind on the plate was all just fat.

I also will not eat meat off a bone. It creeps me out. T-bone steak? Cut the bone out and set it aside so I don't think about it while I'm eating it. I won't eat ribs or chicken wings or legs, either.
Pretty much this^

Eating meat of the bone somehow seemed really gross for me. I always cut off the fat and stuff and don't eat eat. (This was obviously when I still ate meat :P)

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2014, 02:10:21 am »
^ same for me. hate eating from bones, and i cant stand fat.

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2014, 12:05:50 pm »
I don't eat Demon Ghostfish.  I could hardly look at the damn things without... being creeped out to death...

(Fishing trip.  My friend did NOT understand how you cook fish, and they turned out as lukewarm sticky wet fish with milky white eyes and singed lips.  I have a picture somewhere, though i think you'd want me to keep it to myself.)

BBQ sauce is taboo, i don't allow it anywhere near me.  The worst time i had it was a pizza that had BBQ instead of marinara sauce.  I haven't eaten as California Pizza Kitchen since (i never liked their food to begin with, so it's not like i'm missing out.)

And as i said before COCONUT- OH GOD I HATE COCONUT!  I just can't seem to enjoy a box of truffles without that creeping fear that i'm about to bite into something i literally can't chew without gagging over the texture.

Not huge on spicy things, though i guess that's more of an "avoid if possible", not a "i won't eat this unless it means big money".

I actually have trouble eating mashed potatoes, i'm not sure why...  Though i can't help but notice that i love mushrooms, which most people i've met find disgusting.

Other than that... well, there are a lot of foods i haven't tried yet, so that's a big part of it.  A few of the things i've been looking to try are crow, opossum and "generic lizard meat"; locally accessible meat. Looks like we've got huntin to do.

^ same for me. hate eating from bones, and i cant stand fat.
*In a loud booming voice* But eating off the bones is the MANLY WAY to do it! ;)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:07:48 pm by Tren »