Author Topic: Hello all~  (Read 3569 times)

Offline IcyStarWarrior

• Species: Catfox (Maine Coon + Whitemark Fox hybrid)
  • Strawberry pie is my life force.
  • Female
    • Quotev
Hello all~
« on: June 13, 2020, 02:28:53 am »
Hello everyone! I'm IcyStarWarrior, but you may call me Sub-Zero. I've been a furry for about four years now (since February 4th, 2016). I'm an avid artist and aspiring writer, and I also enjoy reading books, stargazing, baking and gardening. I'm a lover of wintertime, and my favorite animals are cats, foxes and wolves. I'm also a fan of the Wings of Fire series, fantasy in general, Kirby, and Super Smash Bros.

I'm glad to be a part of your little forum! I look forward to meeting you all, if you'll have me! <3

"If you strike back every time you're hurt, the cycle of hatred will never end."

☆ Avatar drawn by me ☆

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
Re: Hello all~
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 04:57:58 am »
Hello and welcome! We love new members here, even if it seems a bit quiet at times.

You've already shared a bit about yourself, which is good, but I'm supposed to hand out this welcome brochure that asks some questions you've already answered, as well as points out a few helpful features of the forums as an attempt to make you feel more at home.

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

Like I said earlier: Welcome to Furtopia! Please feel free to share your (age appropriate) art and writings in the furry arts section. I enjoy seeing new artists and writers, and I know many other members of the forums do as well.  :)
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 10:58:09 am »
Welcome to furtopia

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."1

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline IcyStarWarrior

• Species: Catfox (Maine Coon + Whitemark Fox hybrid)
  • Strawberry pie is my life force.
  • Female
    • Quotev
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 10:42:44 pm »
Hello and welcome! We love new members here, even if it seems a bit quiet at times.

You've already shared a bit about yourself, which is good, but I'm supposed to hand out this welcome brochure that asks some questions you've already answered, as well as points out a few helpful features of the forums as an attempt to make you feel more at home.

-snip-

Like I said earlier: Welcome to Furtopia! Please feel free to share your (age appropriate) art and writings in the furry arts section. I enjoy seeing new artists and writers, and I know many other members of the forums do as well.  :)

Thank you for the warm welcomes- and the welcome brochure! ^u^ I'll go ahead and answer the questions anyway~

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?: I used to be a member and a moderator on another furry forum that sadly shut down this past October, and so I decided to search for a new furry community to become a part of!
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?: A little over 4 years, officially been a furry since Feb. 4th, 2016!
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?: I do indeed! Although I draw her sparingly these days, she's a cat/fox hybrid, specifically Maine Coon and whitemark fox, named Foxi Ravenheart. Ironically considering her name, she's mostly cat (although when I first created and named her, she was just a plain old red fox. With retractable claws, for some reason.)
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?: I absolutely love animals, and I've always found anthros to be cute. I also enjoy seeing people's fursonas and how close and supportive the fandom can be!

Welcome to furtopia

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."1

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

Why thank you!
-noms cookie-
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 10:44:16 pm by IcyStarWarrior »

"If you strike back every time you're hurt, the cycle of hatred will never end."

☆ Avatar drawn by me ☆

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 10:29:39 pm »
Hi IcyStar Warrior, welcome to the Furtopia forum! Always good to have a new furry face around here!
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline BlueStreak

• Species: Red Fox
  • Central Ohio's Original Fox
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2020, 06:40:42 pm »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 01:54:26 am »
Good to "see" you!
Hope you have a bit of fun here,  and it's always nice meeting new members.

I have a few plushies in my room, all feral, because I like animals too.   I have weasels and stoats,  as well as foxes and wolves.  They remind me of characters in books mostly RedWall. I do have a generic squirrel as well,  although it should be a red tufted European squirrel. 

Yep,  this fandom is very friendly and helpful.  I'm glad for that.  I'm glad you found that too!
Goodnight.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)