Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 106088 times)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1800 on: December 08, 2022, 07:19:06 pm »
Dad might have to put down his old dog Thor  :(
Survived cancer of the lymph nodes now there's a different cancer attacking.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1801 on: December 12, 2022, 12:00:25 pm »
Very sorry to hear that Firelight.   :(
I wish there were "funeral services" for pets.  At least for my dog there was nothing other than the usual.  I want to stop talking, this bothers me a whole lot.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1802 on: December 13, 2022, 02:58:02 am »
Total bummer Firelight. Dogs are a part of the family.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1803 on: January 11, 2023, 10:28:54 am »
This is a bad news story designed to teach a lesson, one we all know, but shows how careful all of us have to be now.

My house is split level.
I live mainly in the bottom.  For less noise, less light, and I feel safer less exposed.

I have lived a life where I am mostly by myself.  I like it like that.  Been that way for 15 years now.  I'm fine with that. But there is no one to help me or be witness etc.

Yesterday morning my life fell apart and i never knew.  Till the phone rang.
I was about to go to work, county sherrif called, told me someone called them to say I was nude in my house and they could see me.
WHAT!?!!!?!?!!

I freaked out!  My stomach hurt and has not stopped.  I became dizzy and light neaded.  Heart racing I feel violated.  This is my house!

Apparently, in my multi tasking  haste, yeah someone saw me toweling off after the shower.  But how?
Downstairs window was indicated, and it is foggy from hard water stain, old, and small as a computer monitor (think 16 inch).  The shower is about 30 feet from that window and connected by a narrow hall that is at a right angle.  Outside I have a small decorative wood fence at street level that is 3-4 feet high.  It is solid no holes.  I have large pine trees in yard half way between street and house.  street is lower than house  The angles are all wrong.

All I can think is that when I opened the door to let the steam out, and Wanda came in, when she grabbed the toilet paper roll, and I gave chase carrying my towel, that someone saw. And yes I did dry off somewhere not in the bathroom, but... why was someone watching me!?
Officer stated that the reporting person was "driving by" and saw me..   How did they see me?  How long?  How could they see much?  Did they just stop and watch?
IDK WTH is going on!  Am I being targeted?

I went to work to save my job.  After work I frosted the  window with privacy film.  The window can't open because it is damaged anyway, so it is done.  no one can see anything.  I will never see out.
Why did this happen to me?  Was someone just waiting for someone to mess up so they could persecute them?
Is this a case of guilty while male?  What?

I AM NOT being charged with anything and officer was helpful.  He said that just be aware someone could see in and never let that happen again.
I asked if it mattered since it was my place.  I was told NO!  I was at fault, just never let it happen again or it is chargable.

So fellow furs, be careful of windows, they are evil, people ARE watching, even in your own place.  You can't be yourself.  You can't  be male and in your own house and be multi tasking and frazzled and get caught with pants down.  Seriously.  What do I got around here, Prude Patrol?

It was like this...
wake up late at about 730am.  I need to be at work by 8, not gunna happen.
I do software and such.  I can work from home.  I run upstairs do food for dog and me.
I run down log into computer and into work
I do emails for work to show i am "active"
I take do phone conference in pajamas.
I jump in shower after call, computer still connected to work to make it look like I am active.
I finish shower, fan must have died again, steam built up.  I pop door open and Wanda comes in and grabs TP roll.  I chase her and then get TP.  I towel off. 
Maybe my toweling looked provocative? IDK.  I got dressed, watched TV and packed dogs toys with treats and went to work.  I never got to walk dog.
I was nude for ? 5 min max?  Probably less.

I bet if a woman was nude, and a man saw, no police call would have been made.  Man would have conflicting feelings and know what happened was circumstance, and not to engage further. Aka go away fast.
I  know if a man is nude and a woman sees, he is a sexual predator, evil, and doing it on purpose.  She calls, goes on a crusade, and will not stop till he burns in hell.
See where this is headed?

I am not charged.  Police officer said he was there to help me too, and if I see someone lurking out there, to call.
But I live in fear till I die. 
My home is now not my home anymore, I do not feel safe.  I can't sell.  Market will crush me.  I need somewhere to live.  I have a job that needs a clearance.  If I lose the clearance, i lose job I lose house and I am homeless.  And can't get  a job again ever.  Everything is on the balance because someone pretends they can read minds and know what someone's intent is.  My intent was to get to work ASAP.  That is all.

And the kicker, I am on asexual spectrum and now have developed E.D. as of 1 year ago.  I can't even play with it... get the picture? yeah.
Seriously folks?  There it is. 
Want proof?  Well how do I furnish proof?  Just that, my word against whomever, and I am just one. 

I want to just curl into a ball and go into my own grave now.
People really stink.
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1804 on: January 11, 2023, 02:37:49 pm »
Years ago, still married to my X , we had a neighbor who liked bird watching. With binoculars. It was quite obvious he was also watching us with them as well. I'm in the habit of almost always being nude or there about in the house. Even wile working in the garage. Wile in the garage I've caught neighbors watching threw the very narrow crack left where the bubble wrap didn't cover a window all the way. It bothered me at first. Then gave it some thought. They're not doing any harm to me. Perhaps I'm a source of entertainment. I'll eventually add to the bubble wrap to get rid of the less than 1/8 inch opening. In my case the peeping toms had to use a tool or be standing next to the house. These folks are full grown adults. Had there ever been under aged kids I'd be the one calling the cops.  As far as driving by, I've seen my share of nude people thew windows. Not intentionally. Just happened to catch my eye. Not a big deal. The only person I've ever seen who was intentionally nude in the open was a guy. Nude on a riding lawn mower. Funny has hell. Still laugh about it.

Are you targeted or stalked? Nope. If you were being staled or targeted the last thing that would happen would be the stalker getting the law involved. In reality your a victim of a passing 'Karen'. Someone who was looking to be outraged and you happened to be her 'target of the day'. You have been tagged by the type of person who will live the rest of their lives angry and miserable. Best thing to do is laugh it off. The cops had to come because the sighting was called in. Sounds like they were there to help you more than anything else. Relax Jade.

My complaint is You Tube shorts. Tired of getting notifications for four second videos.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1805 on: January 13, 2023, 06:10:05 pm »
A cousin, a few months older than I, may be getting treated for breast cancer.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1806 on: January 15, 2023, 02:03:08 am »
The Japanese web site I've been watching all my anime on has been virused. Really don't know if it's good or bad news. Truthfully this means I'll spend less time watching things on the computer. More time doing things I should.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1807 on: January 17, 2023, 10:27:12 am »
Left shoulder has pinched nerve bad enough I am basically almost out of the game.
Yet I will attempt going into work.
 :goldpissed: :goldpissed:
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1808 on: January 26, 2023, 08:49:58 pm »
My dog's vet bills will make me have to save money again for other things now.
Who knew getting your dogs teeth cleaned would be so expensive? And then she'll need her liver acid tested again.
This little girl is going to make me broke lol. But It's worth it and I wuv her.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1809 on: February 02, 2023, 10:21:03 am »
Now have pneumonia because killer cold left my immune system screwed over.
I love this stuff... NOT.
 :goldpissed:
(Name that tune!)

Offline Simo

• Species: Dolphin, Kitsune, Otter
  • Male
    • http://www.furrydolphin.net
« Reply #1810 on: February 07, 2023, 07:22:04 pm »
^^

Hope you're feeling better soon, Jade.
<span style='color:blue'>You don't know where you're going until you know where you've been:</span>
ICYI:
FCtD5afmsw/CF[Kitsune]mps4wcfmw/MOs4fmw A--- C++ D+++ H+ M- P R+ T- W>++ Z Sm# RLE a++++>100 cl++ d-- e+++ f+ h+ iwf+++ j+ p->+ s#

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1811 on: February 11, 2023, 02:47:27 pm »
Bad check valve on the sump pump may have caused failure. I'll only get store credit when it's returned.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1812 on: February 11, 2023, 10:34:22 pm »
My dog Eevee is a very sad puppy due to Zeus being a part of the family.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1813 on: March 28, 2023, 10:32:05 am »
My brother needs more surgery,  and fast.
He developed a bad " umbilical hernia" and his intestines are getting pinched. 
He is at work because they need the money.  He is literally working himself to death.
All because his wife had a mid life crisis and wanted to be 17 again instead of 38. She left him with the 5 kids she wanted,  and ran off with a man. A man who beat her up and has warrants.  He was arrested and still she doesn't learn.  She is still not taking care of kids or her husband.  I wish she had been killed by her abusive trash loser boyfriend.
 :goldbloody: :goldbloody:
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1814 on: April 09, 2023, 10:03:05 pm »
Looks like a need a new computer. this mac is over ten years old. don't know if I'll go back to mac or get a windows. Completely lost on windows now. Been almost 20 years. Lots of changes. Get a gaming PC and not have to deal with the inability of Play Station to connect to the internet? Got some thinking to do. Right now this mac is giving me the spinning wheal of death every time i use multiple files from the same app. Getting hard to do work on it.

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1815 on: April 11, 2023, 07:39:36 pm »
I can't get a Nintendo 64
but... Read good news thread.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1816 on: April 16, 2023, 12:05:20 am »
Installed a new transmission in my vehicle. 
I had to remove it and reinstall it.  2 times.
Do you know how hard that is?

I want to sleep for a week till I can wake up and move without pain.
And I used a transmission jack and proper tools. 

I will fill transmission and transfer case tomorrow and check for leaks.  Then adjust fluid level.  Then do Quick Learn procedure to tune shifting. Should only take 3 hours? Then road test.  Then break it in over 1 week. 

So far I've put in maybe 80 furry hours to do this job.
But I saved about $5000

It only took removing skid plates, front drive shaft, rear drive shaft, transfer case, front exhaust and cats, o2 sensors, many wiring harnesses,  cross members, extension housing, removing and reusing output stub shafts which was not removable except by drilling tiny holes in carbide tool steel,  removing shift lever and cable,  training transmission fluid and recycling,  removing cooler and lines,  removing and reusing sensors on transmission,  dipstick tube and gasket, re- wrapping harnesses,  cleaning housings of grease and dirt, repairing damaged hoses, cleaning connectors for sensors, replacing seal on transfer case output, replacing seal on transmission output stub axle, removing interior center console,  removing emergency brake lever, removing various electronic boxes in center console, 

All while vehicle was up on 4 jackstands which were on blocks such that frame was 24" up off floor.

I do not want to do this again.

(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1817 on: April 21, 2023, 03:49:08 pm »
My Mom needs a pacemaker, but was cold to the idea of getting one. The doctors forbid her to drive. A few weeks of my siblings and I checking on her and taking her places --she's warmed up to the idea of getting one. Now the cardiologist has none in stock, so she's on a heart monitor until then.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1818 on: May 02, 2023, 10:58:18 pm »
Can't pre order the werepup I want because dad hates pre ordering.
*Sigh* Maybe I should just pre order it anyway?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 11:10:18 pm by Firelight »

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1819 on: May 13, 2023, 02:14:13 pm »
No FPS this Sunday. Yappy's at FWA, I think.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1820 on: May 14, 2023, 04:34:51 pm »
Just had another lawnmower die. About ten minutes into mowing. Smoke and oil everywhere. I now have a collection of three push and one riding I need to get rid of. shed is getting full.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1821 on: May 17, 2023, 09:58:19 pm »
Cause, you must have some tough grass!

My company laid off 50 people,  which is over 50% of staff.
I'm retained, but in a different branch, doing who knows what. I work in a group of 16 only.  The others are doing other things.
Morale is at an all time low. 
I almost wish I'd been given notice to leave. 

Not happy at all. My life has been turned upside down. 
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #1822 on: May 17, 2023, 10:31:20 pm »
I didn't escape the heat at the beach.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1823 on: May 18, 2023, 10:07:30 pm »
Jade, All organic and never bagged thick and extremely healthy lawn. Plus I don't take my time to mow.

My new used lawn mower is leaking gas. Gotta take it back. Probably an easy fix. But I'm not a mech. I usually mess things up or make things worst when I grab tools.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #1824 on: May 25, 2023, 12:50:05 am »
One of the text books Ive bought is an almost complete waste of money. Giving exercises without the information you need to complete them. This is by far the worst way to learn. It's harder to fix a bad habit than it is to learn a new one. Then when you get to the champers that are supposed to have this information it's only hinted at. Or worst. Not mentioned at all. This book is comparable to the Youtube videos that drove me to go to books. Spend 40 minutes telling you how great it is to be able to ski. Then three minutes telling you to put skies on and go down hill.