Author Topic: Should I try it?  (Read 3205 times)

Offline Flame Reader

• A video game can be art and poetic quotes can suck
  • Male
Should I try it?
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:27:31 pm »
Heres a thread where you can ask people on what kind of animes you want to try but arent sure about.

For example: One time I told an old friend of mine i was going to try lucky star. She then... proceeded to swamp me with suggestions for romantic animes like cannid. While im sure its all good... i dont really enjoy romantic animes. Should I still try lucky star?
fursona done by saiyu! THANKS SAIYU! :D

Offline CanisWolfred

• Male
Re: Should I try it?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 07:02:29 pm »
Heres a thread where you can ask people on what kind of animes you want to try but arent sure about.

For example: One time I told an old friend of mine i was going to try lucky star. She then... proceeded to swamp me with suggestions for romantic animes like cannid. While im sure its all good... i dont really enjoy romantic animes. Should I still try lucky star?

IIRC, Lucky Star isn't really a romantic comedy. That said, Lucky Star is...unusual. It's an anime made specifically for Anime fans...yet most of the people I know who really liked it are casual anime fans who got most of their anime through adult swim/Toonami. Personally I still can't get past the first episode, which I found to be insufferable, though I'm told it gets better...perhaps if you're not liking episode 1, it might be worth skipping to episode 2. As for trying it, sure, it can't hurt. It's free on Crunchyroll, so why not?

Anyways, I'm in a bit of a bind, in that I've been feeling overwhelmed by choices right now. I've been trying to narrow down what I want to watch, but I do have a few that I think I could ask about here:

Should I try Medaka Box? It reminds me a lot of Tenjo Tenge, which had glorious fight scenes...that were too short, and the rest was awful. I guess I'm hoping that this'll be like Tenjo Tenge, except with more rediculous fights and less ham-fisted exposition and and horrible character development - a show where I could turn my brain off, sit back and enjoy. Is this something that would be good for that?

And if not, does anybody have any other suggestions?
Arooo~

Offline Aloneness

• Species: Hella Gay Wolf
  • Великий ведра огонь!
  • Female
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 12:34:23 am »
I personally liked lucky star, however that being said I'm also a hardcore anime fan I picked up on most references... Changing gears for a bit, I wouldn't really consider Lucky Star a romance anime at all really... ...  It's pretty much just a slice of life, comedy... Slice of life animes tend to be slow paced by nature, but they do occasionally drop a bomb... However I agree the first few episodes are kinda dull.
Ren's Translation Note:
Konnichiwa = Hello, Nani = What?, Великий ведра огонь! = Great Buckets of Fire!

Avi by Haru

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 12:39:09 pm »
Did you see Azumanga Daioh? It's that, but less funny.

Offline Plantan

• Species: The only Collie, Sugar Glider, Raccoon Hybrid
  • The sun is gone, but I have a light.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 10:30:46 pm »
Should I try the anime  Danganronpa ? All of my friends are saying its very excellent but I'm not sure if I should try it...
Inactive Here- Add me on Discord if you knew me in my active years on the forum :) - plantan0615