Author Topic: The Dark Infinite (IC)  (Read 11840 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: The Dark Infinite (IC)
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2015, 06:30:34 pm »
She frowned "I see...I was hoping that since  I was in an officer position this time around I would get a break"She squirmed a little "It's been awhile since
I've been home, I really miss  it"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2015, 06:43:23 pm »
"Tell me about it. That's the third time they've denied my request for leave." Luci said. "I'll put in another request for you, but that's all I can do."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2015, 07:27:02 pm »
(Actually he has the training of an engineer, they hired him for additional staff in engineering , less chance of loosing him in a space walks plus his hands act as welding torches for repairs. He just usually doesn't go into the main engine room due to the noise drowning out the rest of the ships regular creaks and groans. He also handles the crews nutrition for one of his main jobs.)
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2015, 07:49:06 pm »

"Thanks, I really appreciate the help" she stared off into space for a minute "So what about you? How is your job?"
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:53:11 pm by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2015, 09:17:01 pm »
"Endless hours of paperwork and dealing with an annoying... Whatever he is, who doesn't respect my authority?" Luci said, voice dripping sarcasm. "It's a bloody wonderland of fun times."
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:20:19 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2015, 09:27:02 pm »
"I Hate the paperwork too...I just want to fix the damn air purifier, not fill out 15 forms then fix the bloody thing, As for him being annoying...you're his boss, why not discipline him?" she seemed a little perplexed "I mean I tend to avoid doing it, but when one of mine refuses to listen or shirks their duties, I kinda have to" She frowned "Otherwise the old man does it to both them AND me"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2015, 12:26:50 am »
"I have no idea why I don't..." Luci replied with a shrug. "I could and- oh my god, I'm becoming a nice person! Now I really need to discipline him..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2015, 12:00:28 am »
"Wow...Sorry but you got issues" she looked at her wrist, pulling up a holographic display and looking over what maintenance was done, and was being performed, as well as what needed to be done.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2015, 12:22:15 am »
"You're telling me." Luci said. "I don't even remember most of my life... Now, don't you have something to be doing?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2015, 12:27:16 am »
"Yes and no" she started moving stuff around on the schedules "I could be going out to work on things, but if I don't take a break every once in a while I'll collapse" she paused for a moment "If you'd like me to leave you could just ask"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2015, 12:37:07 am »
"Alright. Would you please leave?" Luci asked. "I want to take a nap to see if I can get rid of this bloody headache, then I have some imprortant paperwork to do, including your leave request."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2015, 01:33:34 am »
"Sure, and thanks again...Let me know if you need anything" She headed out the door, heading towards the recreations area (we have one of those right?)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2015, 02:05:50 pm »
As Captain Quintus unlocked the containers housing the custom space suits shipwide alarms began going off. Jack walked over to the nearby comms unit. "Bridge what is with these alarms, we just ran diagnostics everything checked out golden!" "Everything is fine sir we've check and double checked. There's nothing wrong with the ship itself, but the area around the ship. "What?! That makes no sense, what do you mean the area around the ship." "Well sir, our readings show that...well that the anomaly came to us, it's emitting some sort of interference causing the alarms to go off." Jack swore under his breath. "Very well monitor the situation." He clicked of the comms unit. He turned to look at Mendel "Looks like the suits are getting a live field test." He turned back to the comms unit changing it's channel to station wide. "Luci and Skye report to the cargo hold immediately."
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 04:36:55 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2015, 08:10:06 pm »
Luci sighed and sat up in her bed, then headed towards the cargo hold. "Better be a bloody emergency... Especially with these alarms going off." She walked into the cargo bay, wing feathers literally ruffled in annoyance. "What's the bloody problem?"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2015, 01:57:29 am »
Skye frowned, She had been flirting with some male Rabbit in the Rec area. She headed down to the hangar, still a bit aggravated. When she arrived she heard Luci ask what was up and stood by waiting for an answer, gritting her teeth so she wouldn't speak up. Luci might be able to get away with the disrespect, but Skye certainly wouldn't push it.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2015, 03:56:49 am »
"Aye captain this is strange... I thought this was just some temporal time field or a portal." Mendel states his confident voice wavering. "Correct me if I am wrong. But were we not just targeted? By the field." / couldn't be a living organism.... maybe it's just message coming from the lost ship./ he steps closer to the captain "sir... might be a long shot but that... felt like a short wave pulse burst with a weak magnetic pulse... perhaps it's the other ship trying to communicate." He said trying not to sound too crazy.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2015, 02:25:51 pm »
"None of you are supposed to know this, but their ship got destroyed. They took it into the temporal rift where it got torn apart. We're not sure if the rift is the cause, but i'm not taking any chances with our bucket o' bolts." Jack walked over to the suits and entered the unlock code on the keypad. "Everybody suit up, just run the quick diagnostic check just to make sure there are not any leaks or tears." The suits were a bland grey colour, almost that of wet cement, and they were unusually large. However as Captain Quintus put his on one could notice it form to his shape almost as if it was tailored specifically for him.  "Aaaand diagnostics says this suit is fine."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2015, 03:01:56 pm »
"ONLY THE BASICS? Are you out of your mind? The full diagnostic procedure is there for a reason, and we are going into an unknown situation, us jumping in hurriedly won't change a thing" she frowned at the hideous grey color.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2015, 03:15:38 pm »
"I want to get my ship a safe distance from that thing, you will run only the basics or i will find you in insubordination and have you placed in the brig! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR!?" It was slightly apparent that Jack was afraid of this anomaly, but it was unclear as to why. "Besides they have been in that rift for weeks with no protection from it's effects, we need to get them as soon as possible to prevent any further harm from befalling them."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2015, 04:20:23 pm »
(I'd assume that since they're custom suits, Luci's will have something for her wings...)

Luci calmly slipped into her suit and carefully put her wings into their slots, omnipresent scowl on her face. She put the helmet on and locked it in place, then ran the diagnostic. "Mine's fine."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2015, 04:39:25 pm »
(Not necessarily custom. More of they scan your body shape and the form fit)

"Good now help me tether this cable. This cable will act as our trail of bread crumbs when we need to return to the ship." Jack began dragging said cable over to an anchor point in the cargo bay.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2015, 05:20:02 pm »
"You never did tell me why me and not the old man" she put her suit on begrudgingly running the basic diagnostics, admiring the way the ugly suit cinched it's self around her form, wishing she had a mirror to look in.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2015, 06:12:52 pm »
Mendel pulled the suit on the rest of the way and watched as the fabric stretched shrank and tightened around his body like a glove. Especially in his hands. / huh adaptive memory fabric...thought they gave up on that years ago./ " if they are in there sir we will get them out.  In one piece if we can. "  he said kneeling down to attach the cable. He then turned to the captain whispering. "If something happens or the ship is in jeopardy... do not hesitate "  he then turned to the others watching them get dress. His eyes veered to Skye as he looks up and down her/his body. /not too shabby/ he thought to himself as he gave her a wink.
(Is his suit ship shape?)

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2015, 02:05:30 am »
(Hello what the heck guys not a single post in two weeks. Get posting I know you all check periodically.)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2015, 02:18:43 am »
(Dude... Calm yourself and don't presume to give orders. Colonel runs this thread, not you. It's him we're waiting on.)