Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 70732 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #875 on: March 17, 2023, 04:28:02 pm »
Every time I go to Walmart and browse the aisles, all I ever see is merchandise that is misplaced and not put back where it belongs. :(  It's either because customers are too damn lazy to put stuff back where it belongs and/or the store workers are too lazy to straighten up and organize the aisles.  >:(

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #876 on: March 21, 2023, 09:47:43 am »
I thought I was the only one who was bothered by that.
I mean, dont pick it up if you don't have the money.
And if you find you don't have the money go back and put it back.

I did that last week.  I forgot the wallet at home!
I drove cart back to isles and put items back.  Sure it was embarrassing.  Fursuiting in public also can be.  Just do it!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #877 on: March 22, 2023, 12:02:12 am »
Drivers who roll into the intersection as I drive through.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #878 on: March 23, 2023, 12:38:05 pm »
Just saw this happen not more than 30 minutes ago.
About 150-200 ft. down the street from me at a residential intersection, construction crews are tearing up parts of the intersection, digging holes, laying down new water pipe, etc. There's piles of gravel and dirt in the way and construction equipment everywhere.
I'm walking home from the library and what do I see at the intersection? A four door white car that wants to get through.  :o
This guy obviously wasn't going to take NO for an answer from the construction crew.
The construction crew was arguing with this guy and telling him he couldn't get through and was interrupting their work.
But this car driver was persistant. He wasn't budging on moving his car out of the way.
I watched this all happen for about 10 minutes or so. The construction crew even threatened to call the police.
I even heard one of the crew say that this car driver had attempted to get through the intersection at least 4 times yesterday.

It pisses me off to no end how some people treat construction crews and construction zones. Just how dumb are people anyway?  >:(
And in my fascination with watching what was going on, I should have gotten out my cell phone and taken pictures of the guy's car. But the thought never occured to me.  :-[

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #879 on: March 28, 2023, 03:11:37 am »
Kobuk all you can do is laugh at them. I could spend hours typing stories of the off the wall dumb driving I've seen. Next time just get their attention and show them your phone. Yell out "I've getting this on video. Going to share this on line. Your license plate and all." Then drive off.  :D

People fighting with every inch of their lives to hold onto fear mongering and stupidity. An example form the world of art. it has been known now for over 600 years that you can't use a certain type of brush with water. That's right folks. 600+ years. There is a very popular natural hair brush that's been used in oil painting ever sense oil paint was inveted. Guess you can see where this is going. You got it right. It's the vary same brush that has been damaged by water for over 600 years. Now let's introduce the horror. The outraged. The cause of anger and disappointment. Soap. If you have ever used soap before you know it needs water. The same water that, well you know already. Just to let you know there are products you have to use to protect and recondition these brushes if your going to dip them in water. But we will ignore them. Because if we can ignore 600+ years of history it should be easy to ignore those products too. After all, so did they. This isn't just any soap. It's a highly recommended and endorsed product used by thousands of professional artists. Thousands of professional artists who don't use those brushes. If they do use those brushes they don't ignore those products we ignored earlier. These people are outraged. They've been lied to. Tricked. Justice needs to be done. They proudly display all their damaged brushes. All their brushes that have been damaged by water. The same water that has been damaging these brushes for over 600 years. All you can do is laugh.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 03:13:48 am by cause the rat »
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #880 on: March 28, 2023, 10:19:05 am »
I don't know what product you are talking about, but I will take a guess and say this. I clean my brushes with it after painting models with acrylic paints and it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/General-Pencil-Company-Masters-Preserver/dp/B001TNR7VM?th=1&psc=1

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #881 on: March 28, 2023, 10:24:59 am »
I just lick the paint off my brushes
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #882 on: March 28, 2023, 12:50:17 pm »
Kobuk. Yep. One of the best products out there. Join the truth! Continue this stampede of mindless Karans and throw that abomination away!!!!  :D

Jade. Most pigments used in oil paints are harmless. Linseed oil is just another name for flaxseed oil and is also eatable. Most of the rest that could be in the tube of paint is inert or harmless. However there are some metal based stabilizers used to keep the paint from separating that can cause harm. Not a good idea to eat it. And yes. i know your joking.  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #883 on: April 03, 2023, 02:14:14 pm »
Again with the stupidity in the world of painting. This time it's the color blue. One particular color. Ultramarine. "It can turn gray." is the claim. Ultramarine colors were invented in the mid 1800's. It's a synthetic compound. This same synthetic compound has been used in paint ever sense. There are hundreds of paintings hanging in museums from the late 1800's on. Both oil and water color. From the mid 1960's on there are hundreds of acrylic paintings hanging in those very same museums. Not a single one of them has grayed .All using the same chemical compound known as Na8-10Al6Si6O24S2-4 or Pb29 Ultramarine Blue. The very same synthetic compound these folks are claiming will turn gray. They all claim two sources of proof. One "If you apply acid to it it will turn gray." "If you mix water color ultramarine blue in a mild acid it will turn gray." And the second proof is "The Ultramarine blue used by Vermeer has grayed in color." . Both claims are true. Let's break it down. If you apply acid to your car tires they will become flat. Therefor your car tires are no good. So if you don't apply acid to your paintings or car tires both are good. Vermeer painted in the 1600's. 200 years before the chemical compound we use today was invented. The Ultramarine blue he used was a natural product. His ultramarine blue cost ounce for ounce in gold. it was both hard to come by and expensive. The ultramarine blue that is graying is not the same chemical compound we use today. But that doesn't matter. They both have the same name so they are both the same. if Bob down the street doesn't pay his electric bill and your name is Bob too? Expect your electric to be turned off as well. After all. You both have the same name. I honestly don't think people are being taught to be this stupid. They choose to be.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #884 on: April 06, 2023, 05:20:08 am »
The gullibility of Trump supporters. I watch the complete conference Trump's layers had right after the indictment. Those three clowns were nothing more than clowns. They did nothing but try to rally the troops. and the best part was they were not keeping up with their own lying. My favorite example. One reporter asked about the threats to the judge and others. The clowns response was something in the line of "The judge never said anything about that." Then a few minutes later another reporter asked about judge's warning to Trump about his threats to the judge and others. They said something in the line of "The Judge was taking to everyone. Not just Trump." :) The best part was that woman who was with them. it was VERY apparent her only job was to pull the other two clowns back when they started going way into left field. And the very best part is how this fact flew over the heads of all his loyalists. The Judge did not set a gag order on Trump. So to the brain washed that means Trump won. He can say what he wants. To the legal world that's nothing more than handing Trump a rope to hang himself with. Why is the next part of the trial so far off? Because the longer you make someone wait the more of a loose cannon they become.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #885 on: April 08, 2023, 03:47:55 am »
Well.You can definitely tell I'm an old man. Got plenty of gripes and to ornery to shut up. :D

There is an outdoor painting event I would like to attend. They have a web site and facebook page. With no information. Here's what I know. It's an entire week long. Paint any time as many days as you want. There is a silent auction on the last day. 30% of winnings go to the fine art's counsel. You pay $25 to register. You get a map of designated locations you can paint.
These are the disturbing parts.
I would pay $25 to register. Then apparently there are other 'tickets' I'd have to buy with no prices or what they are for listed. On top of that 30% of the winning bids for my artwork would go the the cities fine arts counsel. Im paying them to register. Buying tickets from them for unknown. And they still need 30% of what ever my paintings would bring at auction.
You can become a sponsor. Once you get to the $500 level you get free tickets. The same tickets who's price is no where to be found.
You have to be a $2500 sponsor for your paintings to be judged at the winning tier. You have to pay to win. if your painting is selected by a towns business as a winner THEY get to keep your painting. I would be paying someone $2500 to take my painting home. Even if I was a top tier artist who's paintings sell for thousands. I would never pay to be on the top. My effort should be considered equal to everyone else's before the judging begins. What's in my wallet shouldn't sway a single vote.
And to top it all off. They choose what I paint with designated painting spots. So if I'm at a designated spot, turn around and paint in the wrong direction does this mean I'm disqualified? Even if I paid then $2500 to possibly be the winner? I have no interest in painting trees and flowers. I don't want to paint landscapes.
More missing information. what sizes of paintings are accepted? If a painting is put up for auction does it need to be in a frame. Do I need to provide a box for the wet painting or is this up to the buyer. What substrate is acceptable for oil paint. Paper? Wood panel? Canvas? In every other contest I've seen this information is always listed up front. All the, if any, extra costs are listed up front. What you will receive as proof of registration ( t-shirt, badge, button, other ) is listed up front. Noting. Not on the web site or facebook page. The event is in two months.  I'm left with the feeling I have to pay them the $25 registration fee to see any of this missing information. Without a single word about refunds.

All I really want to do is go and paint with other artists. Talk shop with people who share a same interest. Have fun and not take what I'm doing seriously. I am not good at painting. I've done bits and pieces but have never did a full oil painting. I've not been able to put any time in this craft. So there's no reason for me to believe my efforts would compare or sell. The only way my efforts would sell is if I convince people I paint an expression of what should be there. Call it modern art.  :D If all I have to do is pay $25 to be there it would be worth it.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #886 on: April 10, 2023, 06:43:27 pm »
The fact I might never have a Nintendo 64
I know we have a Playstation 4 and 5 with some games but sometimes I just want to play a retro game from my childhood. >:(
Dad said it would be a waste when we have other games! Yes we have a Star Wars game and a Sonic game but no Pokemon games on Playstation(Pokemon of course belongs to Nintendo) So basically just dad again. *Heavy sigh*

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #887 on: April 10, 2023, 08:41:00 pm »
The fact I might never have a Nintendo 64
I know we have a Playstation 4 and 5 with some games but sometimes I just want to play a retro game from my childhood. >:(
Dad said it would be a waste when we have other games! Yes we have a Star Wars game and a Sonic game but no Pokemon games on Playstation(Pokemon of course belongs to Nintendo) So basically just dad again. *Heavy sigh*
Why don't you just download retroarch? It's a pretty good emulator.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #888 on: April 11, 2023, 07:38:18 pm »
Idk how to use emulators. 

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #889 on: April 14, 2023, 02:58:00 pm »
More rant about that plein air art contest. I viewed quite a few contests on line. Every one of them had all the info up front. Not a single one of them had any extra things you had to buy. Most charges a single entry fee. Other's charges a fee per painting entered in the contest. A hand full  charged a % commission for paintings sold. I understand the commission fee. It makes sense. They set up the event. They bring in the buyers. It's a fair fee. Information listed. Where to pick up what identifies you as a contested. What is accepted as an entry painting. If it's a town they want paintings that represent that town. Sizes of paintings and what materials can be used to make them. Not a single one of them asks you to pay a fee to be a contestant. Let alone $2.500. A few were very high $$$B  to register. But they had prizes that started in the thousands. On had a winning prize of $48.000. This event I can drive to sounds more like a money grab. It's in driving distance. There's plenty of places I can go in that historic town. I'll go to see if there is anyone there. Save myself ?$ and go home.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #890 on: April 22, 2023, 06:58:30 am »
We've had Right-Turn-On-Red here for about a quarter century. Yet there are about two dozen drivers in town who still wait out the traffic light. One may also make a left turn onto a one-way street from a red light. Few motorists seem to take advantage of that rule either.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #891 on: April 23, 2023, 03:15:07 am »
Rocket We've had a right turn on red law here from the 70's. Still have people stop and wait. I'm pretty sure it's passed down from generation to generation.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #892 on: April 24, 2023, 03:00:49 pm »
We've had Right-Turn-On-Red here for about a quarter century. Yet there are about two dozen drivers in town who still wait out the traffic light. One may also make a left turn onto a one-way street from a red light. Few motorists seem to take advantage of that rule either.

Some people are just careful drivers that way. When i was still driving my car was more precious to me than gold and I couldn't afford to risk any kind of possibility of a collision.
I've also had people back up into me before and even though the damage was minor it was still scary and further puts me off of taking any possible chances on the road.

The only times I'll make a right on red is if i can clearly see the lane that I'm turning onto and know it's clear. If my view is blocked by a large truck, and it sometimes is, or i just can't fully see if there's oncoming traffic or not then I wait. I don't care who gets mad at me or how much they lean on the horn.

Maybe you have a clear view of the lane and see nothing is coming but i don't and I'm not moving till the light changes. Even if you get out your car and TELL ME it's clear to go, I'm waiting for the light.
Your convenience is not more important than my sense of personal safety.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #893 on: April 26, 2023, 01:18:42 pm »
Kay. I understand your position. However the same people will stop at a green light. Then there's the drivers who don't stop when making a right turn, traffic or not, because they have the right on red.

More Emails from GM points! They are super desperate to sell me GM underwear. They keep sending and I keep blocking.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #894 on: April 27, 2023, 10:56:06 am »
GM underwear!? what the heck, so sexy...vroom. NOT.
I want the adult sized pokeball briefs, where the pokeball is on the package.  Got to catchem all!  Just push that button to release pokemon.  The pocket monster.  Now I just need a girl who likes to release pokemon.
Anyway... that was TMI  :D

What grinds my gears is my chosen line of work.  UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS.
I am not a God.  I am just little ole me.  so back off!

(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #895 on: April 28, 2023, 09:57:41 pm »
When you have a construction zone and the street is tore up and there's gravel laid down instead for cars to travel on and instead of people driving slow on the gravel, they speed through it instead kicking up large clouds of dust.  >:(  *cough, cough*

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #896 on: April 30, 2023, 11:10:03 am »
My dog is grinding my gears.  She won't listen to what I say, at all.  Being very very pushy and rude.  She's causing a lot of trouble.  I don't get it.
She was doing okay.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #897 on: May 02, 2023, 10:53:50 pm »
The fact I can't pre order things because dad doesn't like pre ordering.
Idk what me pre ordering something has to do with him, I mean I'm using my own money so *shrug*
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023, 11:00:07 pm by Firelight »

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #898 on: May 04, 2023, 03:21:21 pm »
Still shaking my head over the plein air contest. They've listed the cash amounts for 1st, 2nd  and  3rd. Fist place will be $1.000. That's not bad. The bad news is the cities fine arts counsel will KEEP the fist place winner. So if your painting sell for more than $1.000? And here's another fun fact. It's not a painter that pays $2.500 sponsorship. it's a business. So if a business pays $2.500 and chooses your art they get to keep it. What do you get? Nothing. But at least you saved $2.500. Unless you want your art judged. 

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #899 on: May 06, 2023, 06:14:02 pm »
I"m grinding my gears for my mom and brother. She owns her condo in a large complex. Got a letter sent to everyone. Stating for insurance reasons they all have to get rid of their B-B-Q pits and can no longer use them on the provided decks. My brother has a real nice Weber charcoal grill he uses all summer long. There are people there who own high dollar gas grills. They all have to go. Told my brother he could always come out here to use mine. Doubt if he wants to drive 45 minutes one way just to BBQ.