Author Topic: Fursonas  (Read 5024 times)

Offline Fantasy

• Female
Fursonas
« on: April 02, 2015, 01:12:03 pm »
Do you guys believe in having multiple fursonas or one fursona with multiple characters? I don't see the problem with multiple fursonas but people have told me that I only have one fursona and the others are characters
Allons-y

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
Re: Fursonas
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:08:40 pm »
I think either situation is acceptable and depends on the person claiming it.

I would claim that I have my fursona and multiple furry characters. I would describe my fursona as a furry representation of me, and my characters are just furry actors that have their own different personalities. I write stories and I've come to like some of the characters I've created. I would say their my characters, but they aren't my go-to fursona.

"I have multiple fursonas" and "I have a fursona with multiple characters" means the exact same thing to me until they explain to me what they mean by multiple fursonas or multiple characters and one fursona.
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 11:45:28 am »
I think that it depends on the person. Me, I have just one fursona and multiple characters mainly because I only represent myself with only one fursona. Others may have multiple fursona and equally represent themselves with said multiple fursona
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:29:42 pm »
I agree. it depends on the person and what the fursonas mean to the individual. Some people have very deep connections to their fursona.

I have more than one. My main and first fursona isn't Cause. My first fursona is a major part of the story line I've had for almost 30 years. Cause came much later in the story. Cause is a much easier character to portray at cons. So I chose that fursona to bring to life. 
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 01:34:34 pm »
Some of my main sonas come and go. My current sona Amducious, is probably going to be made into a full fursuit in the future.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2015, 06:57:01 pm »
And then there's me; no fursona, but a slew of characters, many of which represent various parts of who i am.

Some brief descriptions of what part of me is represented by a handful of my various characters.

Aaron: The person i wish i was.  Kind, loyal, always willing to lend a helping hand.

Meak: Rowdy, friendly and easy to get along with.  Then also having a quiet, sensitive side, and being stuck in an unending war with depression.

Faroe: A sorta reckless fun-loving personality, never missing an opportunity to crack a good joke.  But at the same time feeling bad for everything you do, even the little things, never knowing for sure that when you friends say that they forgive you, they really mean it.

Amyen: Extreme, overwhelming empathy.  Having a heart of gold buried underneath a mischievous mask.

Chaerom: Insanity.  Paranoia.  That overpowering unknowing of what you're capable of, the crushing feeling that if you do one thing wrong, lose control at the wrong moment, you will ruin your life permanently and forever.

Offline Oktek

• Species: Domestic cat
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 03:59:32 am »
It depends on what do you feel a fursona is. I, for example, have only one fursona and I don't think I could have more, because I see my fursona as internal "me". I even think I was born in the wrong world. So it's a very deep connection. There are also people to whom fursonas are something different (alter-ego, RP character etc.) and they can have multiple.
HAKUNA MATATA!

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 11:38:46 am »
Locked due to being over six months old.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:41:30 am by Old Rabbit »
oldrabbit.com