Author Topic: Thoughts on Dark Souls3?  (Read 3805 times)

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
Thoughts on Dark Souls3?
« on: June 16, 2016, 05:20:16 pm »
So I'm thinking of getting DS3, but I don't know if it would be a good game. I don't want to waste my money on a bad game, so I want some opinions. Is it a good game? Is it harder than the other two? Does it have great boss fights? Why or why not?
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Thoughts on Dark Souls3?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 07:12:13 pm »
So I'm thinking of getting DS3, but I don't know if it would be a good game. I don't want to waste my money on a bad game, so I want some opinions. Is it a good game? Is it harder than the other two? Does it have great boss fights? Why or why not?

I haven't played 3, but the fiance really seemed to like it. She said that it felt more like Bloodborne than Dark Souls 1 and 2, and that it's probably the easiest game in the series. In addition, it's a bit shorter than the other games and there are significantly more boss fights, but they're on average a bit less difficult than usual.

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 01:27:56 am »
The game is getting 10/10 in most reviews and it deserves it, it's awesome. If you want the "true dark souls experience" because you are a bit more hardcore, beat the game without summoning help, that's what I did and the game was pretty challenging.
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/

Offline 9141702

• Species: Anthro Rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:56:47 pm »
The game is getting 10/10 in most reviews and it deserves it, it's awesome. If you want the "true dark souls experience" because you are a bit more hardcore, beat the game without summoning help, that's what I did and the game was pretty challenging.

Or summon help, enter the fight with a boss that's nicely buffed up because you're co-opping, and watch as your phantom buddies bounce helplessly off the fog wall unable to cross it.... twice the fight and none of the help.

I love this game, but until they fix this bug I'm not going to marry it. My connection is not the best in the world (8mbit) but it SHOULD be adequate and indeed DS2 works flawlessly. Summoning and being summoned is a big part of the game for me. Having beat DS1 on a solo SL1 run I'm not so bad I couldn't defeat the game on my own (eventually)... but I enjoy the multiplayer element and so far, it sucks. Big time.

The game in general looks and plays amazingly well considering I only have a cheap gaming laptop. Money well spent, in spite of the above issue.

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 08:31:06 am »

Or summon help, enter the fight with a boss that's nicely buffed up because you're co-opping, and watch as your phantom buddies bounce helplessly off the fog wall unable to cross it.... twice the fight and none of the help.

Let me tell you, 4 guys against a boss, you'll just melt the boss health, no matter how incompetent they are, plus bosses is not what I meant, it's regular enemies. When you have to fight against 2 knights that are twice as big as you because you decided to run away from the first, that's when you think I screwed up, but if you're 4 people you'll just kill every single enemy without any problems at all.

Offline 9141702

• Male
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 12:19:31 pm »
Ahh, I don't think that situation really applies to me :3 I don't use phantoms for area clearance, only Jolly Cooperation for boss fights :D For some reason I'm having a hell of a time trying to beat
Spoiler: show
Dancer of the Boreal Valley
, and it seems impossible to summon, be summoned, or actually cross the fog wall as a phantom in that area on the off-chance you do connect to someone.

Even when I eventually manage to spank it myself, my favourite way to farm souls is by co-op... it's SO BORING grinding alone. Much better, I think, to help someone out while getting what you want. Every time I have to black crystal out because I can't cross the damn fog, it's more annoying than if I'd just been killed. At least then I only have myself to blame.

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 11:13:46 am »

I love this game, but until they fix this bug I'm not going to marry it. My connection is not the best in the world (8mbit) but it SHOULD be adequate and indeed DS2 works flawlessly. Summoning and being summoned is a big part of the game for me. Having beat DS1 on a solo SL1 run I'm not so bad I couldn't defeat the game on my own (eventually)... but I enjoy the multiplayer element and so far, it sucks. Big time.

The game in general looks and plays amazingly well considering I only have a cheap gaming laptop. Money well spent, in spite of the above issue.
Back when I was playing NG I never had anything like that happen.  I only summoned people to fight Vordt, and NK though. I hate having to summon people.
"Come not between the Nazgul and his prey! Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shriveled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye."- Witch King of Angmar

Offline 9141702

• Male
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 12:45:35 pm »
Today I didn't have any of those problems... a new patch is out, so perhaps that's sorted it? Lots of Sunbro-ing, no trouble at all, and a fat pile of medals/embers to show for it too :D AND I beat that boss.

After a little visit to Queen Slug-for-a-butt and a rejiggle of the ol' stats, I eventually cheesed it with miracle spam... not the most honourable victory I've ever won, but the deed is at least done and I can move on with the game and with my life! XDD

Long may the Sun shine!

Offline Arachnid

• The Dark Messiah
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2016, 01:19:02 am »
Will they be making another Dark Souls game? Man that would be freaking awesome if they do!

Offline Subzerus

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 12:49:31 pm »
Will they be making another Dark Souls game? Man that would be freaking awesome if they do!
They said they wouldn't but you never know. And just because some games are good doesn't mean tha franchise will be good... Look at them CODs. And Assasin's Creed too, they're just milking the franchise and it's not good. I hope that doesn't happen to dark souls and they know where to stop, unless they can just top themselves every time.