Author Topic: Just a short introduction.  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Mid Favila

• Species: Goat
  • Just a gote.
    • Homepage
Just a short introduction.
« on: September 26, 2021, 11:57:24 pm »
Hello, everyone. I figured since it's customary on forums, I'd write a little about-me... of course, my name's Mid. I'm a student studying systems administration at a college in Canada, and recently I've also been studying computer science on my own. Some of my interests include computing, anime, and - to some extent - video games, mostly strategy RPGs and platform fighters. Recently I've also started to take an interest in woodwork and cooking; on occasion I'm also known to dabble in combat sports.

It's been a while since I've been involved with an "old-world" style internet forum, but I'm hoping to spend quite a bit of time here; I find they're much more conducive to proper discussion, compared to IRC and similar services. Hopefully we can all get along!

Anyway, that's my bit - feel free to PM me or send me an email any time.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
Re: Just a short introduction.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 01:26:28 am »
Hello and welcome to Furtopia, hope you enjoy your stay!
Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcomes from fellow members! :)

You can click on any of the aqua-colored links below for further information. ;)

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated "family friendly" forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all.
If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. Thanks. :)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 01:30:07 am by Storm Fox »
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline DDD

• Species: White Tiger
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 07:41:26 am »
Welcome Canadian Friend ^.^
Hope things are going well with you on the other side of the planet!

DDD
Those who cannot walk, but can imagine, can fly.
Those who can walk, but cannot imagine, are limited to walking.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 10:40:27 am »
Hi glad you could make it!
We have a few here who like to cook, and I have done some woodworking, although my dad is better at it than I am.
You sound like you have a lot of interests, and I presume furry is just one? 
Sometimes we have new furs say what got them into furry etc.  Feel free to post that in this thread if you want.

I have found this forum to have enough structure to keep drama to a minimum, and yet is fun.
Sometimes we do word games etc and that can be rather fun.
If you like to post poems or art/photos, we do that too.  Sometimes it sounds quiet here, but furs are checking in often.

I ALMOST got to meet JFET ( a goat hybrid) and MOSFET (his "brother") at DenFur, but due to Covid, they had to cancel.  :( :'(

Anyway, good to see a goat pop in, more meat for me!    I mean... more friends!  :)
Furry can be a fun hobby, hope you enjoy your time here.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 12:21:15 pm »
Welcome fellow foody, woodworker and anime fan! Hope to see ya around often.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Mid Favila

• Species: Goat
  • Just a gote.
    • Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 08:10:04 pm »
Apologies for the long post, mods - if there're maximum length rules, feel free to point me at them, but I didn't see any and wanted to give everyone a proper response.

Welcome fellow foody, woodworker and anime fan! Hope to see ya around often.

Thanks! I'll probably hang out in the tech subforums for the most part, but I'd love to exchange tips regarding other things from time to time.

Hi glad you could make it!
We have a few here who like to cook, and I have done some woodworking, although my dad is better at it than I am.
You sound like you have a lot of interests, and I presume furry is just one?

I've only recently gotten into cooking and woodworking, since for the longest time I didn't have access to a proper kitchen or shop, but with makerspaces opening back up in my city I'm hoping to get more projects done. One thing I've been thinking of is designing a custom desk and - parts and tools permitting - maybe a set of 3D and dot matrix printers. I don't know if I'd say I have a *ton* of interests though - furry and computing are probably my two main.

I have found this forum to have enough structure to keep drama to a minimum, and yet is fun.
Sometimes we do word games etc and that can be rather fun.
If you like to post poems or art/photos, we do that too.  Sometimes it sounds quiet here, but furs are checking in often.

I'm glad to hear that the forum is civil - that's a rare sight these days, outside of USENET. Games could be interesting - are there, perhaps, active tabletop sessions? I feel like Mutant: Year Zero or something would be fun in a forum setting. Unfortunately, I'm not much of the artistic type at the moment... far too busy with my studies in other areas, although I would like to learn to draw with charcoal at some point, maybe learn to play the hurdy-gurdy.

Sometimes we have new furs say what got them into furry etc.  Feel free to post that in this thread if you want.

As for what got me into furry... I don't actually know. Of course, when I was younger, I had the usual set of favorites - Secret of NIMH, The Lion King, Robin Hood, Sonic, whatever - but I never had a "click" moment. Just something I've always liked.

Anyway, good to see a goat pop in, more meat for me!    I mean... more friends!  :)
Furry can be a fun hobby, hope you enjoy your time here.

Unfortunately, I might be just a bit too much gote to eat - friends (and nibbles) are always welcome though.

Welcome Canadian Friend ^.^
Hope things are going well with you on the other side of the planet!

DDD

Thanks - things are quite fine as of late, all things considered. Hopefully you're also doing well.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2021, 12:14:25 am »
*Wags tail* Hi! Welcome to furtopia! *Insert Jurassic Park music here*

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 01:52:03 am »
Did I just hear the Jurassic Park theme? Ah, a new member to our fold--welcome! :D
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such