Author Topic: Why Did You Choose Your Species?  (Read 11942 times)

Offline StarCollie

• Female
Why Did You Choose Your Species?
« on: February 15, 2011, 08:38:37 am »
Why did you choose your species/breed as a fursona?

I chose a Border Collie because, for one, it's my favorite breed, plus I feel as though I have a spiritual connection with the breed. Also, a B.C just fit my personality. X3

"...SQUIRREL..... anyway..."

~Star Collie

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Species?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 03:57:55 pm »
Of coursewarriors, I've always been attracted to stories and books featuring animals over humans, warriors but around 6th gradewarriors, I discovered a book series by the name of "Warriors"warriors. It's about 4 clans of forestwarriors cats who..do what they do.

I LOVE these books. Even if not for themwarriors, I'd still likely be attracted to Cats.

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 04:09:48 pm »
There aren't too many lombax furrs out there (that i've seen)
And if i were part of a race of people that specialized in anything, it'd be engineering.
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Vukasin

• Male
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »
I think I'm more similar to the arctic wolf than any other animal.

- Wolves are social and travel in packs. I am also social and do better in groups rather than on my own.
- Arctic wolves live in cold climates and in the snow. I love the snow and the cold, and I'm not too big a fan of hot weather. I guess that's partly because I do a lot of snowboarding and hockey.
- Of course theres that love of dogs I have x3

Reasons like that. I would go more into it, but I won't bore you all. xP

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 07:47:24 pm »
The fact that I have red hair had an effect on what I chose, but that's not enough to justify it...

Well, when I was creating a concept for my fursona, I knew I wanted some kind of canid, but I still wanted to stay somewhat creative. The red fox and husky was WAY too overused, so that was ruled out from the start; a standard dog just seemed... boring; (though I didn't rule out Border Collies yet. In fact, that's what I used for Chrixman) and I don't like the desert, so most other foxes were out.

Thus, I enter the realm of wolves. After ruleing out obvious cliches I ended up with a choice between two species (and the border collie): a red wolf and a "fennec folf". That's when the red hair pushed me tword the red wolf. Now I'm here!

Yeah, not the most exciting story in the world... but that's how it happened!  :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 10:05:52 am by Zhono Veranhaut »

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 03:42:35 am »
I always feel funny about these threads, my fursona wasn't selected carefully, I knew very little about otters when i decided and then after doing a little research found out I actually fit quite well with the otter lifestyle.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 04:05:44 am »
Well, the fact that I have red hair had an effect on what I chose, but that's not enough to justify it...

I also have red hair, and it also had an effect.  Though, basically, I identify really strongly with the pets I've been closest to...  As a kid, that was an orange tabby cat who seemed to have a strong Siamese heritage, based on his temperament, voice, and facial structure.  More recently, that's been my sable Shelties.  In both cases, actually, the animals were selected at least partly for their coloring.  The orange tabby was given to me when I was a five-year-old, and I wanted "a cat who matched my hair."  That was a great cat.  The Shelties... well, when I saw my first fluffy orange Sheltie, he just won my heart instantly.  I didn't even like dogs before that.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 06:38:01 am »
As far as I'm concerned, the reason I decided to be a wolf (although I started out as a husky) is because it's such a good match for my personality, a tough nut with a soft centre.

Offline StarCollie

• Female
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 08:25:08 pm »
Of coursewarriors, I've always been attracted to stories and books featuring animals over humans, warriors but around 6th gradewarriors, I discovered a book series by the name of "Warriors"warriors. It's about 4 clans of forestwarriors cats who..do what they do.

I LOVE these books. Even if not for themwarriors, I'd still likely be attracted to Cats.

:D I loved Warriors when I was younger!
"...SQUIRREL..... anyway..."

~Star Collie

Offline Shabbernigdo

• Species: Sergal
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 10:40:05 pm »
dident choose. just was.
For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee,

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 05:14:29 pm »

Offline Tuna

• tunatunatunatunatunatunatunatuna
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 07:34:48 pm »
dident choose. just was.
Snow leopard wisdom!
=^^=
If I no longer think
of reality
as reality,
what reason would I have
to think of dreams as dreams?

- Saigyo

Offline Deval

• Male
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2011, 02:20:11 pm »
I took an online test, and it told my I had a mythical fusona. Of the list it suggested, I liked dragon the best.

If you can't trust some random online test, who can you trust?
All dragons are crazy. I am a dragon, therefore...

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2011, 11:00:40 pm »
I took an online test, and it told my I had a mythical fusona. Of the list it suggested, I liked dragon the best.

Rolls of dice and flips of the coin  :)

Offline Crim

• Male
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 01:18:59 am »
Mine was simply the fact that raccoon's are highly adaptable in any environment. Which directly applies to me because I've moved to 3 different states in the past 6 months and moved a total of 9 different places in the past 9 years. I'm starting to think it's a bad addiction of mine. Anyways that and the fact at one of my apartments I had a family of raccoon's living outside of my complex that would come up to my door everyday.  :)

Offline Fen-Fen

• lol u mad?
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2011, 11:57:02 am »
I'm sure I explained my cat fursona, but I don't believe I ever explained the canine version of myself.

Leonbergers are the oldest German breed and were bred to look like the lions on the town's crest. That being said, Leonbergers are rather large dogs (males being up to 170 lbs and females up to 135 lbs) and since I'm a chubby girl that seemed like a good candidate. Also, Leonbergers are very sensitive dogs and when there's an argument of any sort, they tend to whine, whimper, and try to calm down any of the parties involved. I'm quite sensitive and tend to dislike arguments myself.

Along with that, dogs have the blind loyalty that I dislike, but I still possess myself. xD
And I’ll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom,
I’m as green as the ring on my little cold finger,
I’ve never known the lovin' of a man,
But it sure felt nice when he was holding my hand.

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2011, 12:18:56 pm »

Which test are you talking about?

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2011, 12:25:02 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:21:34 pm by Alexandre »

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2011, 12:48:16 pm »
Well It has more to do with my drawing than anything else. When
I first got on the internet I looked at a lot of furry art. Somehow I was
accepted to "Yerf" a furry art site that was popular in the late 90's.

So I needed a username for posting my art. I chose "Old Rabbit" since most
of my art was rabbit characters. I tend to be rather quiet and
shy so I decided the rabbit would fit me well as a fursona.

Knowing a rabbit of my age (even in rabbit years) would be rather old. I
decided on the name "Old Rabbit" :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Feather_Claw

• Not all who wander are lost. ~J.R.R Tolkien
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:39 pm »
I didn't really choose.

Just was. I love wolves...and I love the sound of howling but...it just wasn't me.
For a while I debated white tiger, but tigers are sorta lanky....I'm really..really..not -_-
Snow leopard just was me. Even though I didn't and wouldn't of consciously chose it my soul knew what I was. I'm stocky and quiet as well I have the 'big cat' stare and it creeps a lot of humans out and makes them edgy. I'm not terribly social and given the opportunity I'll just chill out in a secluded safe spot and watch---so snow leopard it was.

As an afterthought :P I'm also terribly camera shy (to the point my friends are constantly harassing me with cameras because its like some sort of challenge to get me on camera)---and as we all know snow leopards are tough to a) find and b) get on camera or film XD
-If humanity is to deem my spriit a sort of insanity you may keep it---I will dance with soul and howl where the wild things are in joyous madness. Nature may be violent red in tooth and claw but red is also the colour of life...

Offline Lynk

• Male
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2011, 12:11:18 am »
Even before I knew about the fandom I had liked foxes. However, when I joined this site I learned that red foxes were "overused". I didn't really want to feel like a stereotype, so I switched to a corsac fox, which is hopefully less cliche...

Offline HTMN

• Were done here
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 03:49:21 am »
People have told me that Im too "wise" for my age (16) and during my early years in school the term "reincarnated" was tossed around quite alot by teachers and parents. Even still people think I was reincarnated for whatever reason religion has taught them, I also love the feeling of the wind as it encompasses my body when its really windy  (: I have strong morals and attitudes towards things Im passionate about so I decided that I wanted to be a dragon. Old, Wise and powerful  ;)

-HTMN
If the laws of physics don't apply in the future, then god help you.
http://tinyurl.com/HTMNNotForHire <--Blog (WIP)
http://tinyurl.com/HTMNTheDragon<--YouTube (I'm lazy so WIP)

Offline Triibuline

• Male
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2011, 09:20:42 pm »
  At first I determined into which animal goup I belonged Felines suit me perfectly as usually I do whatever I want for example if I go somewhere none knows where I'll be going or when I come back, I have somekind of wierd urge to rub face with someone sometimes :o and I have always liked cats alot.
  Later I searched for a more specific traits of myself that could determine my species. I don't like cities much and perfer forests, so not a housecat.
Also I like cold when others wear winter coats and such I still wear only my hoodie. I also roar sometimes (I do it usually when I drive and am alone in the car)
After reaching this far it kindof started making sense why I had taken liking to tigers all the time.
Beware of the crazy tiger

Offline knightpazz

• what's a tummy :/
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 12:11:51 am »
I am a Grey Fox because my 2 favourite animals are Foxes and Wolves a Grey Fox is really just what its name states a fox with grey instead of red also I love that animal it suits my personality
If penguins had knees the world would be doomed

Offline Landrav

• Flufftaur
  • Male
    • My FA
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 12:18:47 am »
also I love that animal it suits my personality
I agree.  I went with a fox because it was the right fit for my personality.  It doesn't bother me so much anymore that foxes are such a common choice because it only matters that the fox suits me.

By the way, welcome to the site, knightpazz!  Head over to the Greetings Forum and give us a proper introduction :)
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/landrav/

I am contractually obliged to state that Fluttershy is the best pony.