Author Topic: Why Did You Choose Your Species?  (Read 11945 times)

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
Re: Why Did You Choose Your Species?
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 01:24:04 am »
Could've sworn I posted in here before, but anyways, I designed the azarians to my own specifications, utilizing primary forms of those that I felt had both visual appeal & nice minds.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 03:37:54 pm »
Because Moogles are Awesomes!   :D

Offline Dog_OF_War7

• Male
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 03:08:32 am »
mo id have to say my species picked me, i know this is cliched but i never had many friends at a young age exept for my dog so he was like my family and my friends since my family never really was there that dog taught me all i needed to know and ever since then ive had a bond with all canids  8)
=^.^= Dog Of War7=^.^=

Offline Mistytail

• tree powers, activate!!
  • Female
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2011, 10:47:38 am »
Of coursewarriors, I've always been attracted to stories and books featuring animals over humans, warriors but around 6th gradewarriors, I discovered a book series by the name of "Warriors"warriors. It's about 4 clans of forestwarriors cats who..do what they do.

I LOVE these books. Even if not for themwarriors, I'd still likely be attracted to Cats.

Dude that's the exact same reason I picked my species. HIGH FIVE. :D

Offline DreamerHusky

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2011, 05:31:48 pm »
Because, Dogs, are just teh epic

Offline caninesrock

• Female
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 12:01:16 am »
Well, it was between two for me. Gray wolves are my favorite animal,but yet as much as I love them I can't really identify my personality as being wolf-like. I'm not very social and wolves are very pack-oriented plus they are wild animals which means they have a streak of independence.

So, I chose a dog because I'm dependent towards the small group of people I trust enough to let get near me, I enjoy having one-on-one attention with my friends, and I love to please people and hate when I do  wrong and/or something that makes people upset. Plus, also, sometimes when I'm watching tv and there's a villian I really don't like, I'll involuntarily make this low growling sound. Also, I like to smell things. I could just sit there and smell my pillows for 20 minutes, especially if they've just been washed with a nice detergent. :3

Banner made by my friend Alex(who isn't a member here) and used with permission. Avatar is screenshot of Jacob in wolf form from Twilight movie.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2011, 11:28:26 pm »
I was always a fan of a certain cartoon coyote, because he tinkered and never gave up.  Then real coyotes would approach me in the outdoors and I had to learn more about them. They are so clever that some native peoples consider them magical. When I obtained a coyote Folkmanis puppet at a con, and read the attached card, it was clear that my choice was a good one.
 :goldhowl:
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 11:03:42 pm »
I did not choose to be a fox.

The fox chose me, and I like it. (:

♫ eerie music plays in background ♫

But seriously, I’ve always liked foxes of all kinds, even when I was little,

And it’s something that has stuck with me all my life, perhaps because I want it to.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:06:54 pm by Storm Fox »
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline ChristopherLion

• Species: Lion
  • Male
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2011, 12:40:41 am »
For me there was no choice really.  It goes back to the dream I had last summer where I was turned into a Lion.  The dream was so mysterious and wonderfull that when I woke I cried for having lost it.  For months after that I was depressed and only wanted to return to the dream. Ever since then I struggled to understand why I was so struck with the dream and my new found interest in everything lion.  Then I discovered this forum.  Im probably nuts, but Im happy here amonst people that accept this quirk of mine and the silliness that is my lion fursona.
Don't mess in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with chocolate. - source unknown

The most common form of despair comes from not being who you are. - Soren Kierkegaard

FFL6arsw A-- C- D H+ M- P+ R+ T++++ W Z? Sm- RLE a++ cl d? e* f h++++ iw j- p- sm#

My FA site and art: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/christopherd./

Offline Brad9995

• Male
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 06:24:07 pm »
i chose the fox fursona because it looks cool and i had a dream i was fighting something as a fox as soon as i became a furry. I think it was cats?

Offline Bel

• Fox furry, anime fan, gamer
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 10:34:39 pm »
I chose fox because...... well I'm not totally sure why. I was choosing between wolf or fox and I was having lots of trouble. I may have chosen fox because I loved Tails the Fox. After a fox became my fursona, I learned that a fox was the absolute perfect fursona for me.

Offline Mr. Nekosan

• Male
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2011, 08:18:37 am »
I am a cat because cats do not have masters.
I also do what I want when I want and I never explain why I am doing it unless it pleases me to do so.

Offline Zanobi

• Male
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 04:32:20 pm »
i started out as a rabbit but i felt like there as another half missing. like there was more to the picture. then it hit me, that dragon was the missing half. so i became a Drabit.

Offline Butch

• "Bully of the class"
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2011, 08:32:58 am »
I picked my species cause I wanted my fursona to resemble my character as well as my physical appearance.
A bit individuality played a role too, to be honest since the bulldog is a little bit off the beaten paths in the fandom.
Haven't found another bully since i joined.
So, yeah- I guess that's the reason.
"Furry by nature- bulldog by choice"
FCM3acw A- C- D++ H+ M- P- R T- W Z? Sm RLMA a cln+ d+ e f h i+ j p-- sm+>m+

Offline Cchytale Murilega

• Species: Cat
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2011, 09:18:56 pm »
Cat: Because I relate to them the most, and they're my favorite pet.

Shark: Just to add some coolness/sexiness so I wouldn't be just a plain cat.

Offline AnonymousLazyCat

« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 08:50:38 am »
Well, I've loved cats ever since I was little, which is actually kind of weird if you think about it. I never spent any time around cats, and I don't think I really knew much about them either. But for some reason, I always loved them.
I decided on having long black fur for multiple reasons. The first was that I tend to more easily befriend black cats, especially if they have long hair. But the long fur would be good for keeping warm, and as for the color...well, I was born on a Friday the 13th. It seemed to fit.  :)

Offline Kolebra

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 04:35:33 pm »
Because I'm hungry like the wolf.
“Be not disturbed at being misunderstood; be disturbed rather at not being understanding”.

Offline Mesi-Murasaki

• Female
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2011, 01:56:50 pm »
When I was little, I was heavily into egyptian mythology. That had a big part of my choice of species. I also didn't want to be something too too common. More research into jackals brought me to the black backed jackal. They are some of the most beautiful canines out there (at least to me  :D ) I also used to love unicorns a lot (I still do, but not nearly to the extent I used to) and that's why I am a white black-backed jackal.  8)

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2011, 05:18:16 pm »
What specie other than the Vampyrum are nocturnal, carnivourus, have the ability of flight, has echovision, and is fluffy?
None.
At least that I know of xD
"... And if you disagree with us, please: feel free to keep that oppinion to yourself!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2011, 11:22:03 pm »
hmm, echolocation... something else to add on... >:3

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2011, 05:51:44 pm »

Yeah, it really helps, especially when you're accident-prone like me and run into alot of trees  ;)
>:3
"... And if you disagree with us, please: feel free to keep that oppinion to yourself!" -- Jeremy Clarkson

Offline Lost_Cause

• Male
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 05:09:31 am »
Ohh it was easy.
Lions are typically iconic of Power, Strength, leadership (Ok for the ladies), confidence, decisive action, bravery, Charisma (we'll call it that), levels of cunning (probably the ladies again), the intelligence of a predator and amazing stamina (all that sleeping is very strenuous you know).

Having none of these traits the lion fit my like a glove.
fortunately I am a great lover of oxymorons, Irony and generally turning something on it's head.
I was also a big fan of the cowardly lion (for the reasons listed above) and Slightly obsessive about cats (despite being allergic to them)

Oh I also love the hair.
I’ve made my statement and I stand by it, but I could be wrong.

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2011, 10:43:00 am »

Yeah, it really helps, especially when you're accident-prone like me and run into alot of trees  ;)
I presume you are not managing to put it to great use?  ;)

Offline SuperBaz

• Male
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2011, 03:06:04 pm »
I've always had a cat-like personality, always been just sort of generic feline. The tiger seems to suit me well because my personality has become more aggressive in recent years, and tigers are my favourite of the big cats.

Offline Lycusthevampyrum

• Male
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »

I presume you are not managing to put it to great use?  ;)
That, and I'm accident prone ;)