Author Topic: Things in the furry fandom that drives you crazy.  (Read 10598 times)

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
Things in the furry fandom that drives you crazy.
« on: September 01, 2011, 05:26:11 pm »
So basically, is there anything in or about the furry fandom that drives you crazy.

Whether it be things that other furs do, or things that happen at conventions, at/on websites, in the media,
Or maybe even things that you yourself do, (don't ask me how that last one would work). (:

But whatever it may be, is there anything that all these crazy furries do that just drives you crazy? :) (: :) (: :)
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Things in the furry fandom that drives you crazy.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 05:41:17 pm »
Adding the word "fur" in everything. "Fursecution", for instance. I don't mind the word fursona, but I know some furries who add fur to every word.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 05:41:37 pm »
Let's try not to turn this into a rant thread.  :P If you feel you have something worth mentioning, then please phrase/discuss it in such a way where it doesn't come off as emo/drama/angst/whiny/sarcasm/etc., etc. Thanks.

Offline Bane_enaK

• I live and die, proud of my people gaining
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 05:53:23 pm »
The way that most people think furries act really drives me bonkers, but this isn't new. The more annoying aspect is when someone thinks it's all about yiffing "because [their] furry cousin said so." Which I doubt.

As for furries themselves... "FURSECUTION!!!!" >_< Although this isn't just for furries, I'm just aggravated by people who are fanatical about anything beyond a certain point. Just go with the flow  :)
Mated to Arashi_Calunata

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 07:55:08 pm »
Stop treating furry as if it's something you have to hide.  >:(

And better yet........Stop with the "NEED" to come out about it to family and friends. You don't have to tell anybody if you don't want to.  >:(
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:59:37 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Sk Skunk

• TANSTAAFL
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 08:34:44 pm »
Generally speaking, when someone pushes things too far. One persons favorite thing, may not be liked by another. That's fine, there are a lot of things to choose from around here, just don't expect me to love every detail.

One more thing. DRAMA. There is way too much of it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 10:28:58 pm by Sk Skunk »
"Who am I to say where my possibly non-existent soul has or has not been."

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:51 pm »
Yiffers... Can't stand them. There is one at my school who throws pictures of her fursona leaving nothing to the imagination. Seriously, I am not interested. Why can't they get the picture?

Second thing. Furries who think that one race is better than others. such as "dragons are better." or "Ungulates will rule the world!"         It gets old. It gets old, very quick. x_x
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2011, 02:23:23 am »
Yiffers... Can't stand them. There is one at my school who throws pictures of her fursona leaving nothing to the imagination. Seriously, I am not interested. Why can't they get the picture?

Second thing. Furries who think that one race is better than others. such as "dragons are better." or "Ungulates will rule the world!"         It gets old. It gets old, very quick. x_x
These, and to a much lesser extent the occasional fursuits that are accidental nightmare fuel.

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 06:05:11 am »
I'll third the Yiffers thing. Other than that there's not much in the fandom that bugs me.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 08:34:36 am »
I'm with you guys on the yiffers and Kobuk's point.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 12:35:47 pm »
I think the "yiffers" you folks are referring to would be the exhibitionists of the bunch. Cause I feel zero need to distribute anything of that nature while still enjoying it myself.

Personally the elitists bug me the most: "You must has a full suit to be a real furry"
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 01:07:11 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:19:02 pm by Alexandre »

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2011, 01:16:25 pm »
Furries.

No really. I'm on my phone or I'd say more but as someone else said: most furries infuriate me.

Offline Storm Fox

• The great Myrsky Kettu!
  • Species: Red Fox
  • 'Makes random fox noises'
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2011, 02:05:43 pm »
For me, it’s the furries that say you can’t be what you are because there are too many of a certain kind, or that it’s been done before.

For example, the too many foxes thing really aggravates me,
With phrases like, {everyone’s a fox, why are there so many foxes?} and {don’t you want to be something different than everyone else?} etc. :P

For some reason, people just can't except that I am what I am because that's what I choose to be. :orfox: :orfox: :orfox: :orfox: Foxes Rule!
FCF6adsw A+ C- D H M- P R++ T+++ W Z Sm# RLCT a+ cn++ d e* f h+ i+++ j++ p+ sm#

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2011, 02:49:01 pm »
I'm a dog because dogs are the only animal I really like. Originality be damned. ;)
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline PupLilith17

• "Merry Christmas!"
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »
ive yet to find anything to infruriate or bug me (besides a certain ex of mine who wont stop talking about yiff >:( )
the fandom doesnt bug me much
---------------------------------------http://brialilith.deviantart.com/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 07:19:19 pm »

agreed
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Mylo

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 11:40:28 pm »
Un-uniquenes. Why choose to be something in a fandom that's already been done over one-thousand times before? Use some creativity and come up with something new.

It's been done a thousand times because canids are just awesome like that.  IMO, don't try and fix something that's not broken; if you like canids, then be a canid, no matter how many there are!

It kind of annoys me when people say, "No, don't be a fox or a cat; it's been overdone."  Part of the fun of the fandom is picking your own fursona.  It's like picking a name for a child.  There are the celebrity names (:o)...and then there are the rest of the names, popular or not.  You just have to like the name.  :)

If you want a unique fursona, then I say go for it! :D But, if a fox feels right, then a fox it is!

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 02:50:02 am »
I second that
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 03:04:04 am »

And better yet........Stop with the "NEED" to come out about it to family and friends. You don't have to tell anybody if you don't want to.  >:(

Excuse me but is this a contradiction.

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 06:31:39 am »
Adding the word "fur" in everything. "Fursecution", for instance. I don't mind the word fursona, but I know some furries who add fur to every word.

i 100% agree. "furiends" "furplay" "pawsome". i'm sorry to anyone who does use these, but i'm going to say it anyway. i think it shows a certain desperateness to express yourself. not that that's a bad thing, i just think that people could express themselves in a more imaginative way.
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Drake Blackpaw

• Male
    • http://www.drakebp.furtopia.org/
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 02:05:29 pm »

Excuse me but is this a contradiction.

Actually it isn't.  "Coming out" is making a big deal about being furry, like you are declaring there is this thing about you that may make you alien to those you "come out".  It isn't the opposite of not hiding you are furry. 

Not hiding you are furry is just wearing a furry shirt if you want to or not worrying if someone sees your clean furry art.  Basically, just being who you are, without running around with a big sign saying that "I'm a furry and you must acknowledge that you are okay with it."

Everything that bothers me has already been said:

• Adding fur or overusing furry words like yiff - Makes me think were like the smurfs.
  • The furry persecution complex
  • And my way is the right way attitude that some have.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 05:10:55 pm »
For me, it’s the furries that say you can’t be what you are because there are too many of a certain kind, or that it’s been done before.Foxes Rule!

We had one of those around here for a while. We rubbed each other the wrong way. A lot.

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 03:25:09 am »
Things in the furry fandom that drives you crazy.

People who who pick a species just because it looks cool.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »
Liedt.
>.>
<.<

lol jk  ;)

But on a more serious note, I can't think of anything that is specific to furries that drives me crazy. The puns get old fast (not uncommonly by the 0th time), but I wouldn't say they drive me crazy, for example. For things like elitism or drama, I could say those things are sufficiently annoying, but I don't see them as being specific to furries either. I've seen plenty of drama among, for example, programmers.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/