Author Topic: Fort Knox  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Fort Knox
« on: July 16, 2021, 02:23:26 pm »
I keep stewing over the theory that some people have that Fort Knox is actually empty.
What do you think?  Is it?  Perhaps say why you think what you think.
Also, what would happen if it were empty and people found out?
What would happen if it were believed to be empty and then revealed it was full?

I think it has gold in it, probably less than before.  I think it is worth less than they say, so to make USA dollar have value it needs to , in order to uphold the status quo in the world.  I think if some people found out it was empty, it would cause chaos and fear for some.  Others wouldn't care because they believe money is all just a faith/promise system anyway (which is the current system, we are not on a gold standard).  If it was revealed to be full after people panicked thinking it was empty, I believe it would shock many and make them realize how fragile it all is which could lead to further issues.  For these reasons, I think that is why people do not know if it is full, empty, or what. aka "Just keep on believing the fables. They are comforting."
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: Fort Knox
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 01:57:14 pm »
Not really sure of the importance of it being full or empty. We, along with the rest of the world dumped the Gold Standard long ago. For those who think it's empty they can still buy tickets to get in and see for themselves.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 10:40:08 am »
Apparently, some people think there would be a collapse of economy due to loss of confidence in the US dollar if people found out there was no gold in the vault.
I do not see that happening.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 08:12:39 am »
Used to order milsurp from a few places near Ft Knox/Radcliff, KY. There was US Cavalry Store and Gold Nugget Surplus. The latter was run by a retired Army colonel and has since closed.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 11:40:10 pm »
Did the Gold Nugget Surplus sell gold?   :D
(Name that tune!)