Author Topic: Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade -- including "Magtwilla and the Mouse"!  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Allasso, Volume 2:  Saudade came out tonight.  It has two of my stories -- Magtwilla and the Mouse and One Sheep -- in it, as well as a bunch of other stories by writers from the Furry Writers' Guild.  I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but it looks really promising.  I know that Sarina Dorie's story, Greener on the Other Side, is a fun piece, because she's in my local critique group and I got a chance to read an early version.  I also got to see and critique an early version of Sean Silva's Rearview on the member's only portion of the Furry Writers' Guild -- it was a really interesting and edgy story.  Based on the quality of those pieces, I'm excited to read the other stories as soon as I get a chance.

As for my stories, Magtwilla and the Mouse was inspired by a very disturbing nature documentary that I saw early, early one morning when I had been woken up by my young daughter.  It was about a lioness and baby gazelles.  I'll say no more.  One Sheep came from a game of Settlers of Catan that I played where one of the other players had fifteen sheep at one point and was trying to trade for one more.  (If you've ever played Settlers of Catan, this might make sense.  If not...  Well, it's a good game.  Where you can build cities, roads, and settlements out of sheep.  Only sheep.  Assuming you have enough of them.)

Anyway, there's a Reader's Choice Award for the best story in Allasso, so if any of you want to take part, you can email pinkfoxpublications@gmail.com with the name of your favorite piece.  Either way, though, there's some excellent furry fiction for you to go read.

http://pinkfoxpublications.net/saudade/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:51:31 am by Ryffnah »
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade -- including "Magtwilla and the Mouse"!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:16:33 pm »
I don't have time now, but I'll definitely be reading these later. I love your writing!

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:23:25 am »
Sorry. Too lazy to read it.

...mostly because I've already read every story three or four times.  You are such a good writer, and you should be proud of what you do!  Furtopians, I hope you all submit in the next round; I just opened submissions again, so I am waiting. :D
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:35:30 am »
OOOOHHHH! I REALLY want to read this.... but sadly, I can't. :'( My American Literature teacher just assigned The Grapes of Wrath to my class and i have only five weeks to read the whole thing. I dont know what Steinbeck found to write about for more than 600 pages, but I have to read this for the class. I am such a slow reader, I am sure this will take me more than the five weeks to read... but I need to buckle down and barrel through it for the Final.

With any luck, this will go by quicker than I anticipate and I can read your stuff. I read a little one time, but yet again, school dragged me away with my feet kickin'. Your work is truely inspiring to me, as i am a beginning writer and I see what success you are having. So I will definitely read it eventually, just have school unfortunately. Can't wait though! :D
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 03:43:15 am »
Sorry. Too lazy to read it.

...mostly because I've already read every story three or four times.  You are such a good writer, and you should be proud of what you do!  Furtopians, I hope you all submit in the next round; I just opened submissions again, so I am waiting. :D

I've also been telling people in my critique group to submit, so you may get more submissions from Wordos.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly