Poll

Which ideas are your favorite? (You may choose up to 2 options)

Anthro Wars
When Angels Die
Split Path
Jumpers
Jet's Story
Project Foxtrot
Illuminati

Author Topic: Jet's Novels  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Jet

• The Former Furryglowstick
  • Male
Jet's Novels
« on: June 04, 2012, 10:52:27 pm »
I don't know if this fits more with this thread, or in the Life Problems area. This is a question about my life, but it has to do with my writing, so I will post here and not be surprised if it gets moved, or not, whatever the staff wishes to do. I am at your mercy...

Alright, on to the real problem. As some of you may know, I have a ton of ideas for novels. As more of you may know, I am already writing a novel, Project Tango. I want to know if these other ideas are even worth my time fantasizing about writing. So I will outline a very general idea of what these stories are, and I will let you all discuss what's your favorite. I added a poll so I can easily keep track of what ideas are better than others. Feel free to vote, but I would like a comment on which are better and why, or areas that i may improve the weaker ideas to make them good enough to spend time on... Also, the titles I have placed above the descriptions are not the real titles. They have no titles for now. these are just a way of knowing which story is being talked about, and the story "titles" correspond with the votes up there.

Remeber: Most if not all ideas are only partially thought out, I am still writing a novel and did not want to embark on another at the same time.

Anthro Wars
This is a first person story about a man, still unnamed. It starts out in a jail cell. Nothing is inside the cell, not even a bed. He spends only a fraction of the novel in the cell, most of it is recounts of a war between humans and anthros, until about the middle that is. The anthros are what were once "furries," a social group spread mostly across the internet. These furries used the newly improved genetic research to alter their bodies temporarily into part human, part animal creatures. At first just tails and ears and muzzles. Then they were full anthros for the extent of a whole weekend at cons. Soon though, these temporary genetic changes turned to permanent alterations. These people who were now not fully human, turned their backs on society as society had done for them for so long. The genetically altered humans formed their own government and developed their own laws. They called themselves Anthros and refused to abide by human rules. Soon, the whole world declared war on the disobedient Anthros. The humans soon found that these Anthros were far too much to handle.

The marine in the cell recounts battles with Anthros. eventually you learn that he himself is turning into an Anthro, and he is in there because his fellow marines "captured" him since he is not human anymore. He goes through a little internal struggle on whether or not to betray his fellow man. The humans begin torturing him and mistreating him because he is not human anymore, but he still is mentally, all that has changed is his looks. He eventually breaks out of the prison, killing his best friend in the process, and joins the Anthros in their fight against humans.

When Angels Die
Again a first person, based around the short story I did for the word "Angelic." A female angel is fighting along her comrades in the other world against a hideous evil. They are loosing the fight, and she eventually is killed. Being killed as an angel, she falls to Earth and becomes mortal. As an angel, she can change into her "Cross" which is an anthro version of their spiritual animal. Hers is a dog, or maybe I will change it I'm not sure. it was a dog in the short story. As a human, she can not change into her Cross, but rather that animal watches her and protects her, similar to a guardian angel of sorts. She sees that the Earth is going to die because of the losing battle up above. I haven't figured it all out yet, but she somehow finds a way back up there and assists in fighting again.

Split Path
This is once again first person, although I dont know how i will write this in first person, but i feel it will hit home better that way so I must learn how to write this in first person. Its about a young adult, either a teen or a man in his low twenties. He has a low paying job and lives with his parents, who are not supportive of his life at the moment. The man suffers from a severe personality split. One side of him is furry and loves to draw. He feels unsure of himself and his art skills and is very shy towards others. The man's other side is very abrasive. He despises furries and views them as nothing more than "Sick adults trying desperately to reattain the empty childhood they lost." His passion lies in writing and he feels art is just a waste of time and writing is the only "intelligent form of self-expression." When he finds that he has drawn something or that his computer is signed into a furry website, he is disgusted and usually tears up the art. Neither side knows about the other. One side is disgusted with this other being that takes over without his knowledge, the other is terrified of this being that tears apart his art and posts hateful things on his websites, which result in the banning of his profile from many furry sites. I dont know where I would end this one, but I assume he goes insane, as he already is, or ends up getting  unwanted help.

Jumpers
This is very early in it's development. An infant story, as I call them. The only real information I have is it revolves around a total war with humans against some other being that threatens the very existence of humanity. The enemy has more numbers than we do, and a greater war machine than us. We are losing terribly, and thousands die every fight. We are interstellar by this time, so our technology isnt all worthless. The story will revolve around a sole character, dont know what person, maybe first person, but I am still undecided. He is a Jumper, or maybe I will change it to something more militaristic later. But he drops out of low-orbit crafts to land directly in the battlefield. this is done either by a serum you inject that somehow gives your body the ability to fall mass distances without damage, like a crystal that forms around them, or a total cell lockup that cushions the fall somehow. Or they are dropped with only their gear, and an anti-gravity beam catches them gradually as the near the ground, which is shot from the ship using advanced computer tracking systems. Parachutes were previously used, but a HALO (high altitude low opening) jump proved that they were suspending in the air too long by their parachutes, and most everyone died before hitting the ground. He of course will go through many battles, and see many of his friends die, eventually refusing to make friends through the knowledge that no one will survive forever in this war. Again, this is an infant story and i need to sit down and think this one through fully. For instance, who are they fighting? Idk, maybe aliens, or maybe something they stumbled upon on a planet that had some friends. Like they attacked a planet that had a treaty with other races, and now a sort of WW1 effect, but Humans are alone here, or maybe they will have an alien race helping them, I dont know yet...

Jet's Story
Again, an infant story. This one will start as the main character, me! Well, my war dog personality, but whatever. It is so far a first person account through the eyes of Jet, a covert operative working for a section of his country's military. (I dont know I will create new countries for this world, or use this world but with anthros) This particular section of the military closes down due to some controversial missions, some of which Jet participated in in the past. The easiest way to shut down a section of the military so secret no one knows about it other than those involved is to kill off all involved. Jet's squad is sent on a final mission. During the mission, they are captured and round up by their own country's soldiers. All either executed or taken in for torture to obtain needed information except Jet, who escapes. He returns for his lifelong friend, who eventually becomes the only thing he cares enough to socialize with. His whole squad wiped out, the only survivors being himself and his friend, Jet plots revenge on the country that betrayed him. That's about all I have. I know that I plan to also include other characters, all based on the people I have met here. These people will either be members of his squad, executioners of his squad, or other anthros Jet runs into in his quest to topple the government that tried toppling him. I have yet to verify whether I will actually include anyone I have met, but it sounded like a good idea. To have the other characters, whether small or not, be based around other furries who have made a difference in my eyes. Of course their placement in the novel will be based around whatever job their specific personalities or characters would fit best. but again, this is an infant novel and i dont know where exactly this goes from the executions.

Project Foxtrot
This one may well be a permanent name for the novel. And I am SUPER excited about this novel. I have NO idea what its about, but I will do it regardless. I put this here just because it is a novel I am thinking of so why not post. Maybe someone can give me ideas, I dont know, but whatever. If you dont want to be spoiled about Project Tango, dont open the tag below. This is going to be a second book to the first book which will now actually be named Project Tango for a specific reason explained in the spoiler tag...

Spoiler: show
Alright, I finally found something to make a second book for the Project Tango series. I decided to maintain Project Tango's name rather than create a real name for it. And the second book will be called Project Foxtrot. This new book will be about a whole new character, a boy in fact on the other side of the US. Here the region is mainly overtaken by the Russians and Japanese. Not as much Mexican involvement here as there is in Nevada, where Project Tango takes place. Creatures are stll mutated through acts of war, but many creatures will not make a debut in the second novel. Although Fuzzapedes will return, as this is a different person, they will be known as something different. Sam called them fuzzapedes because they looked like fuzzy centipedes to her. The new character will be different than Sam, so he will see things differently. He also will not be traveling in a group the whole time. His family, Like Sam, has all but died off, and he now does not trust people enough to group with many people. I will also be adding some creative new creatures, but deadly and otherwise, into the story because he is in a different environment. I need to figure it out more, but the thing I am most excited for is the reason I can actually make a second novel...

The idea came to me a little bit at first, then exploded into its own world. I am assuming by you reading thus far that you dont mind spoilers, so I will explain this idea. Again this is a major spoiler, so avert your eyes if you do not want to know how Sam and this new kid are connected. Here it comes... Sam, unknown to her, is part of a secret Russian project. Her codename for the project was "Project Tango." This new character is in the same secret government plan, with his name being "Project Foxtrot." The Russian's in command of this project call these people involved by this name. The idea here is to manipulate the child's life very early on. Yes! Sam's mom dying was a result of the Russians. Her dad was contracted to be killed by Marc, and it was planned for him to be killed in a vengeful fashion by Sam. the new kid also had his parents killed by Russian plots. And his life is altered in other way by plans the Russians set forth secretly. "Project Tango" was a failure, not killing Marc out of vengence (she walks away, letting the Fuzzapede enact her revenge) and was then executed by a kid mad in love (Matt, I told you there were spoilers, yes Matt kills Sam at the end, pistol to the head in a plead not to leave him, she does anyways and he pulls the trigger. It was originally just a cliffhanger, I could decide she died and not make a book 2 or pick back up and he missed or she heard a different gun go off or something. Instead, she is now dead.). Book two will follow Project Foxtrot, who I have yet to decide if he passes or fails the Russian's plans for him. If he fails, there may be a book 3 and so forth. What are the Russian trying to do. They hope to alter a child's life just enough that they develop a will to fight against the Armies enough to rally the stranded US civilians into an all out rebellion against all fighting Armies. The Russians are already somewhat liked by the civilians because they provide house and food for them if they agree to fight in the Russian's Civilian Volunteer Army. Sam joins this army to find Marc and kill him, but she fails her objective and dies in the process. The Russian's plan to arm the rallied rebels once they are banded together. This will ultimately turn the war in favor of the Russians, hopefully resulting in a victory to this more than 100 year war.

As you can see I am very excited about this one and I will write it regardless as it pertains to the novel I am currently writing. I just post to share that idea really, because i am so excited about it and it fits here so why make a whole new thread just to comment on that.

So these are my story idea so far. At least the main ones that can even be a novel. feel free to vote so I know which are liked best, and post some comments with your thoughts on which are better and which you would actually enjoy reading about. I am a little scared to start a few, such as the one about the split personality, because I feel I am not at that level of writing to accurately tell the story. I am just interested in what all of you think of these ideas and what ones are best as far as a novel goes. Thanks for reading and please post! :) Also, any questions, just ask and I will try my best to answer any and all questions or anything you are unsure or confused about.
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Jet's Novels
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:57:22 pm »
Your thread can stay here since it is mainly dealing with writing stories which is what the Furry Fiction forum is all about. ;)

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:01:02 am »
i love the idea of anthro wars, it is interesting since it sounds like it will be told by a human who sounds like he is unwillingly turning anthro.

Jets story will be fantastic, i know it! id love to see your fursonas war side through his perspective as we find out about his past. Super excited for your future novels!!!  :D
i can nnever stick to any stories i try to write so the idea of omeone else finishing a novel always facinates me. you gots my support! *gives gigantic hug*
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline typingwithpaws

• Species: fox
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:09:37 am »
both anthro wars and jets story sounds epic!
you really have a knack for comming up with ideas that 'stick'  :D
"Nothing will ever surpass the beauty and elegance of a bad idea"

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 11:45:58 am »
Since I like feminine heroes I choose "When Angels Die" 

:orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Mylo

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:08:32 am »
I guess I can tell you what I think about each idea and then suggest ways you can improve upon it (a lot of it might be redundant, as in you probably already know it, but I want to point it out anyways).  Honestly, they are all pretty good ideas though, so I'll just write my thoughts on where to go next...

There are a few things that need to be fleshed out (like how could it escalate to full-on war?), but since this is just an idea, these will all come in time.  You could explore a lot of themes in this novel that might not be evident on the surface.  Things like, racism, betrayal, friendship, etc...  I'm probably thinking too much into it, but you get what I'm saying, right?  Plus, it'd be a great action story (hence the "Wars" XD).

When Angels Die has a great premise, and I like the idea of crosses (kind of reminds me of the daemons in The Golden Compass.  For this one, I think a more concise middle plot would make the idea more well-rounded and more interesting.  It's probably something you don't want to go into too much unless you are actually going to write this novel, but I encourage you to turn this into a much more detailed idea...then it might be that much more enticing. 

Split Path sounds very psychological, very personal.  I see a lot of similarities in this writing to what you've written on other threads (not the drastic stuff, though), which can potentially make this a very detailed story.  IMHO, I think that you should end this story with him finding some sort of liberation, maybe not from his split, but from the anxiety and disruptive symptoms it may cause him.  I'd like to see this develop from uncontrolled to controlled, as in, he learns to control what he is.  I really enjoy these type of stories.

Jumpers seems like a very basic idea for now (you said it hadn't been expanded upon yet).  As I said with When Angels Die, I'd like to see you really think out the details of this idea/concept so that we can see what this story will actually be about.  Right now, we have the plot device, but that can be used to make so many plots. 

I'm intrigued by Jet's Story because this one also seems like a personal story.  It is as much emotional as it is a revenge/action novel.  Maybe you could combine this with the plot devices of Jumpers...I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.  A question I have is what role do anthros have in this world? 

You've developed a pretty comprehensive world for the Tango/Foxtrot series.  I loved how you delved into the character's minds in Tango, and now that there are so many stories to expand upon (mini-ideas and plot twists), Foxtrot seems like a good next step.  Maybe it's the fact that you've already developed a lot of this story in Tango, as in, the overall feel.  But with all the character's you have in Tango, you have a very believable story and one that can be expanded so much. 

So, there you have it...I already think I'm pushing it with ideas of my own (nothing's really the right way to go).  But whichever one you choose, just have fun with it, and if you want any clarification on anything, I'm on IRC... >.> ^.^

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:53:50 am »
There are a few things that need to be fleshed out (like how could it escalate to full-on war?), but since this is just an idea, these will all come in time.  You could explore a lot of themes in this novel that might not be evident on the surface.  Things like, racism, betrayal, friendship, etc...  I'm probably thinking too much into it, but you get what I'm saying, right?  Plus, it'd be a great action story (hence the "Wars" XD).
You basically nailed this one. I was planning on many "sub-themes" racism being more prominent than most others. Betrayal will be more of a front stage theme because he is betrayed by his own army, then comes to the difficult decision of betraying them. I havent really thought too much about how war came about, but it is based around Humans not having control over the anthros anymore. In the novel, humans are portrayed very harshly. They are bloodthirsty beasts that cry for war against all that oppose, all mankind is eager and confident to crush the disobedient Anthro race. The main character is blind to this until he is turned anthro, and then, even though he is still with the humans, they torture him for no reason and treat him like dirt.

Split Path sounds very psychological, very personal.  I see a lot of similarities in this writing to what you've written on other threads (not the drastic stuff, though), which can potentially make this a very detailed story.  IMHO, I think that you should end this story with him finding some sort of liberation, maybe not from his split, but from the anxiety and disruptive symptoms it may cause him.  I'd like to see this develop from uncontrolled to controlled, as in, he learns to control what he is.  I really enjoy these type of stories.
I believe I already told you, but for the sake of others reading, yes there are many parallels in this story to my own life. Very personal. But I will consider that ending. It could offer some good plot elements as well. Like both sides in dismay to find out there is another side, and then trying to fight to be the one on control. Because both sides are equally him, which one is the man to learn to control this? That should prove to be fun.

Jumpers seems like a very basic idea for now (you said it hadn't been expanded upon yet).  As I said with When Angels Die, I'd like to see you really think out the details of this idea/concept so that we can see what this story will actually be about.  Right now, we have the plot device, but that can be used to make so many plots.
Alright, I have thought this over a little more. And I am thinking...aliens... I know, once someone drops that alien stuff it turns into some off course sci-fi thing that could never happen in any reality. But I am thinking more of a human quest to find new planets. We find one already inhabited and walk right into a war based around alliances. I haven't decided how many races are going to be with the enemy, but there will be at least one race with the humans. Sort of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea. They share technologies, weapons, food, supplies, techniques, ect... Also, unlike most alien things, there are not just one specific species of alien fighting for each alien planet involved. I assume if we ever find aliens, there isnt always going to be just one intelligent life form on the planet. Hence, we can have two or three different species under the same alien army, or even some species fighting against the army of their own planet because they are against the war. Lots of things, but I have already decided one planet is more of a rock and mineral harvesting hub. The army from this planet utilizes the crystals and rocks from their planet, and their different properties, as terrifying weapons. Anyways, still in development.

I'm intrigued by Jet's Story because this one also seems like a personal story.  It is as much emotional as it is a revenge/action novel.  Maybe you could combine this with the plot devices of Jumpers...I don't know, just throwing stuff out there.  A question I have is what role do anthros have in this world?
I was thinking that this world would be just anthros. No real explanation as to how Anthros populated the planet, just a base assumption they have always been the dominant life form on their planet. Maybe I would make the planet a different name, or have major differences as far as environments than Earth. So all the characters would be anthro. I have to say it, because I dont know what will happen if I write this. This is not me in the novel. This is Jet, one specific side of him. Although I have been known to be abrasive, War Dog side of Jet are those more negative pieces of me multiplied. That means he wont necessarily interact the same as I do with you, as I am a combination of different types of personalities. This Jet is more centered around hatred and disgust towards others. That means that although I along very well with you, Mylo, for example, Jet may shoot you... just a warning. I dont know how I will actually create his personality, or how harshly he will act towards others. But just so noone's feelings are hurt, this is not my real outlook on you, just the way a fragment of myself multiplied into its own being would react to a situation. War sucks and does crazy things to people, as shown with Jet.

You've developed a pretty comprehensive world for the Tango/Foxtrot series.  I loved how you delved into the character's minds in Tango, and now that there are so many stories to expand upon (mini-ideas and plot twists), Foxtrot seems like a good next step.  Maybe it's the fact that you've already developed a lot of this story in Tango, as in, the overall feel.  But with all the character's you have in Tango, you have a very believable story and one that can be expanded so much.
Thanks so much. This makes me feel like I am really doing the right thing here. I am doing right for once. Not bad. But I am thinking for Project Foxtrot, instead of the mainly forest and desert landscapes of Project Tango, a more urban ruined war city landscape. He is on the east side of the US, more populated and war stricken. There are going to be more creature, I have some already in development, just working out the small things that make no sense. its hard making up new unique animals without them seeming too alien to Earth. Maybe more contact with the Armies? I dont know. The main difference between the two is their personalities. Where Sam was caring of her father and trusted a large group because of her love with her father, This new boy was abandoned by his dead parents alone. He never learned to trust much and doesnt hang out with anybody. A lot of self thinking stuff. Maybe I will make him a little crazy and give him an imaginary friend that gets him into trouble sometimes. Or an imaginary friend that is constantly dying from the creatures or soldiers, and even though he never dies the character is terrified for him and broken up over his friends death. Again still in development. But I will have a huge hint towards what is really behind this whole Project business, as well as proof that what happens at the end of Project Tango is true. I dont know how much info to reveal about the Projects in the second book, as there may be a third or fourth? I could go forever really, as is the nature of these Projects. But I guess I will figure all that out someday.

Hopefully this cleared up some parts, or explained further some confusion. Again, these are just some ideas and all of them definitely need more planning before I proceed forward. I am just seeing what the public here thinks about each idea, so I can tell which are probably more accepted and thus of more value than others. To me, although I am most excited for Project Foxtrot and Anthro Wars, ALL of the other subjects hold a special place in my heart and in my head. So I really can't say which are better for sure because I love them all so much. You guys have been some great help so far, though. Keep it up! :)
"Miniscule conflicts are insignificant in relation to the paradox of life itself." - Me, Josh Karels

PLUR

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »
I think that once you finish project Tango you can start on the ideas that prove most popular and maybe even do the rest of the stories after those? I don't know, they all sound great so naturally I want to read them all even though they aren't even writen! I'm sorry I'm pushing you aren't I?
I'm just another teenage furry, though im not all that active in the fandom due to not wanting to associate myself with a fandom with such a bad rep. If anyone remembers me from a couple years ago when i first joined id like to formally apologize for you having to suffer that. im potatolumps on tumblr if you want to check out my blog or whatever, just know i dont often post anything furry related

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2012, 09:15:23 pm »
No you aren't pushing me at all. I dont know if I will write the more famous ones first, or wait on those until my writing skills are better so they come out even better.

Also, I had an idea again today. It was actually a dream. I accidentally took a nap today, and in the only five minutes of sleep I was watching something I could not understand whatsoever. There were anime like people shooting and doing flips for almost no reason. It looked cool for a graphic novel or a comic, but I didn't understand the story behind it, or what in the world was happening. But it didn't feel like a dream. It didn't really feel like one of those dreams that doesnt feel like a dream simply because it feels so real either. I dont know how to explain it really. I have had "spiritual dreams" before, and this was not like those either. I dont know. But these people were following a path that twisted and turned. There was no floor, but rather a gaping hole everywhere there weren't chunks of floating Earth or more sidewalk paths like this one. When they finally reached their destination, they killed everyone outside guarding the place. then they simply walked in the front door, and were greeted by a butler who said "Your dad is awaiting you." loud and clear. Then a dog walked out of the second floor stairs and rested with three other dogs. I didnt really notice any of the animals except the one that came in. he was pitch black and had black eyes. His skin hung loosely and moved everywhere as he did. He was also ten feet tall. I instinctively knew somehow that his name was Night, and that he was male as well, i guess. But nothing really connected with me as much as this ten foot black dog named Night. He did not acknowledge me like the other characters, but I felt strongly drawn to him. Then I woke up in drool....

Ya, I dont know where this came from, or where I am going with this, because I didnt understant it. Why kill everyone outside if they are gaurding your house? They are your guards? What? But that dog was something else. He was the only one I could recognize full details, right down to fur depth and thickness. He was also the only character that didn't notice me, and also made me notice him to the extent I felt compelled to just watch him lay there rather than join the others in what I assume would be another random confusing killing spree. This dog was so fascinating without having to do anything at all. I dont understand it, but I think that dog means something, and I can't help but try to implant him into one of my stories, or make a whole story just for Night. He was pulling me that strongly towards him, I just wanted to know more, but alas, I am awake now. :P I hope I get to see Night again someday.

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2012, 09:52:55 pm »
Interesting dream you had there.  It does seem self-destructive that they'd kill their own guards, right?  I have no idea what's going on in your subconscious, but I'd just reflect on this, and perhaps turn this into its own story as well (even if it's just a short one) because it seems pretty important to you. 

On a side note, I also had an odd dream (actually, collection of dreams) last night...but I can explain later if you want to hear.

Also,

Alright, I have thought this over a little more. And I am thinking...aliens...

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »
Alright, I have thought this over a little more. And I am thinking...aliens...

believe it or not, that's exactly what was going through my mind as I wrote it. I even did that action in real life as I hit post. :D

PLUR

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 01:11:06 pm »
Usually one dreams about things your thinking about alot. Or
something your working on, or more often a abstract of it.

At least it has with me.  Some years ago I had problems
keeping a couple roofs from leaking with every rain. So
I would dream about water pouring in or the roofs falling
apart.. 

Sure was glad to get those roofs fixed.  :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 03:43:55 pm »
Aha! I have found it. Night, that huge black dog from the dream that I connected so much with. I  have decided to incorporate it into a story somehow. First off, I was thinking that maybe I could develop it into my Fursona, Jet. Jet and his dog, Night. Sort of a pet, if that's how you want to make sense of it, but more of a best friend that happens to be more of an animal than a human-like animal such as Jet. Think of it, if you watch the Legend of Korra or the other series before that The Last Airbender, like how the avatar had a sky bison "pet" or Korra has a Polar Bear Dog "pet" it is similar to their connections with the animals, or Bolin and his amazingly adorable Fire Ferret. The animals are as important as themselves, if not more important.

So I was thinking of putting Night into Project Foxtrot. Him being some animal that helps the kid out, similar to the black Fuzzapede that assists Sam so much in Project Tango. But... if Night is Jet's "pet" then it would make more sense for him to be with Jet in Jet's Story. I haven't really decided if Night is more with the War Dog personality, or the funner side, or both. Either way, I think if Night were in a story, he would have to be with Jet. Feel free to tell me what you think of course.

I have also decided that the kid in Project Foxtrot is crazy. At least a little. He will have an imaginary friend of sorts. This will provide a way for me to reveal what has happened in the war through his discussions with this thing that doesn't exist, rather than memories and dreams. I still need to develop a full personality for him, and a name, but that will come later. I'm just writing more about what I have decided or have been thinking about for these stories. Maybe you can tell me where it falters or stands tall, or even what could make it better. That's about all I have for now, I guess. Lots of things bumping around up there with all these stories and such, not to mention my Short Story Challenge that I have been SO lazy on recently. That's gonna change, now that summer has started and I am writing more.

PLUR

Offline Mylo

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 05:40:18 pm »
I find that amazing, that random thoughts in dreams can develop into something like this.  I like the idea of a sort of animal guardian...it will be interesting to see how this plays into your story.  Maybe you can experiment with this concept in a short story in your thread? 

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 02:11:44 am »
Alright, I know I have a lot of ideas already and it will probably take me years to develop them all into full stories and such, but I just can't stifle the new ideas. Most are shot down because they make no sense, are laughable, or are just too dumb to be made into an actual story. But just today, in the shower actually, I had another idea. believe it or not, it was inspired by a song I have stuck in my head and it's sort of evolved into a full idea and I am really liking it so far. So Im going to add this to the list and allow people to vote and such on this idea as well. I dont have a name for it, like most my stories, so I am just giving it a name inspired by the song that started this story. It will change of course if and when I actually write this thing, but for voting purposes...

Illuminati
The story would most likely be told in third person, so I can explain the situation of the country at the time easily. I can do this in first person as well, so I may still write in in that way, too. The novel takes place in a large country ruled by one. It will revolve around a single child, and anthro. As of now I am thinking a feline, but of course that may change with time. It will also most likely be male. This is more to provide a better grip on the main conflict of the story, which rages inside the main character. So it will be in a country ruled my a single dictator. That dictator was recently assassinated by someone, that person being killed himself. A new leader has stepped up to the plate to overtake the previous government. As of now, humans and anthros have lived in peace. Some families are mixed, most are not though. A human and an anthro are looked as the same species almost. One did not arrive before the other, but rather it is believed that both "races" came to be simultaneously. So its not a humans turn to anthros thing, or anthros populating to equal humans.

So this new dictator is great for a while. He reaches out to the people of his nation and he gives them jobs and food and everything. The nation seems more prosperous than ever before in history. But this sort of stability only lasts a little while. Soon the leader sees the major difference between human and anthro. The leader himself is anthro of course, while the previous was human. The past nation suffered greatly and entered many wars with other nations. The nation he is now in control of has been wealthier than ever and has signed many peace treaties and alliances with most countries nearby. On top of this, humans pool in smaller wages and dont excel in academics like most anthros do. A wide majority of higher paying jobs are held by anthros. And even "grunt work" is done more efficiently by anthros, and with less complaining over the low wages. Soon, the dictator realizes the true value of anthros as a more dominant species than humans, which seem to be more trouble than they are worth. Humans in high positions of government are quickly fired. but it doesn't stop there. More and more humans are being refused proper education and wages. Soon, many riots break out, as well as an assassination attempt on the ruler by a group of human rights activists.

This was the final stray. The dictator orders a full military overtaking of the humans, quickly quelling the riots and uprisings. Most humans still resist, and the dictator resorts to killing the defiant ones, and forcing the others to slave labor that "hinder anthros from achieving their true value in the job market" or something. Anthros are split on this decision. A lot of them are helped by the humans being put down and thus agree with the dictator. But the same amount see this as inhumane and want it to stop. there are limited anthro riots due to fear they may end up like the humans. Most resistance is in the form of assisting humans in escaping slavery and freeing them into other countries, or harboring these runaways until they can get out of the country. Sorry, if this is getting a bit long, but I do so like this idea, and there's a lot of background to it.

Now the main character, the boy anthro most likely a feline, around ten or twelve years old or so. His family is all anthro, had some cousins who were human but most are assumed dead if not enslaved. The main character does not see the reason humans should be sent through this. He views them as equal to himself, although he has never seen one or met any. he has been at an all anthro school for his education even before the human uprising, and lives in a mostly anthro neighborhood. he has yet to see a human with his own eyes. He gets most of his info on the humans and their terrible position from the radio. One day, while just running about outside, he runs into a creature the likes of which he has never seen. This is a human, in his late teens. his family is either dead or enslaved and he is running from the law. The main character offers to house him. He knows his family are the types of anthros that side with human enslavement, so he hides the teenager in his closet or under his bed and sneaks food to him when he can. The two become good friends and they try to form a plan of escape to free the teen. Soon enough, the main character's family finds the hidden human and wants him turned in immediately. I havent decided yet, so dont hold me to this, but the main character either kills his family in the heat of the moment, or I might somehow get the whole family to sleep and just chain the human up until morning to turn him in. Longs story short, the two friends flee together, now making the child anthro as much of a criminal as the human.

So they try escaping the country. I am debating if they actually make it or what. The main conflict is within the main character. After the escape from his family (or murder, still undecided which is better for the plot) he is caught between doing what is right morally, or legally. He actually loves his dictator and loves his country. He dreamed of being part of their military and making his country proud. Now he is helping the very thing his country is against. Assisting his enemy. He fights with that several times, coming closer and closer to just dumping the human or turning him in to the proper authorities.

So that huge thing is my new story idea. Again, this was inspired solely by a song I still have stuck in my head, and the more I think about it, the more I like this story. Again, go on and vote for it if you like it as well. Dont worry, if you like this one more than another, but have no more votes, I believe I made it so you can change your votes when I made the poll. So go ahead and vote. Thanks for reading guys. And thanks for helping! :)

PLUR

Offline Kek

• i need to get a job
  • Female
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 11:35:31 am »
Wow that sounds really good to! Grrrr you're killin me jet! so many stories that arent actually in existance that i want to read >.< but uh yeah i really like that idea too sounds interesting.

Offline Jet

• Male
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 04:00:34 pm »
Wow that sounds really good to! Grrrr you're killin me jet! so many stories that arent actually in existance that i want to read >.< but uh yeah i really like that idea too sounds interesting.
And that's why I got into writing. I have these ideas all the time, some dont make it on paper, but these I feel are too important to not at least attempt to get written. But I noticed that a long time ago. I had an idea and I was like, "Wow, This has got to be a movie or a book or something!" So I looked it up and NOTHING was like the ideas. I couldn't find a book or movie that quite felt like my idea that I had been obsessing over. So I just started writing them down myself, so I could read it. It turned out, I wasnt the only one who liked my ideas. So I just kept writing. I really like it. And thanks for the comment Kek. I'm killing myself having these ideas and not having any time to just sit down and write for three months straight! :)

PLUR