Author Topic: Third Dawn (IC)  (Read 7577 times)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Third Dawn (IC)
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 11:32:51 pm »
"Honestly, if anything...I think most of them are regular people, couldn't have helped it as much as you could help being born female." Alex said thoughtfully. "Yes, some can be crazy, but non-conduits also commit horrible things too. They have the same capacity for good or evil as anyone else, it just depends on the person." He hushed his voice for a second before continuing. "Take me for example, I sell Drowsing equipment, basically sounds that can cause hallucinations among other things. Does that make me a bad guy? Not really, but at least it's not drugs. Yes I do take their money, but at least it won't kill anybody."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 05:54:40 am »
"And you fear being outed as a conduit?" his ears perked in a curious manner, but he remained calm "I understand your concern with being hunted, but you all have gifts" he leaned against his walking stick "hone them, defend yourselves'
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2016, 03:02:02 pm »
"Yeah yeah. I'm fine," Faris said breathing in and out as best he could without his breathing sounding shallow or stuttered. He turned to Jacoby. "I don't wanna hurt anybody," Faris said shaking his head.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2016, 03:35:27 pm »
"Well i gotta get my parents out of jail somehow." Leilani responded to Jacoby. "Least i had the element of surprise but now i gotta rethink everything...Word's gonna spread fast with the D.U.P. going around like they are right now." Leilani now had her face in her hands. "Sure i took a thing or two here and there...but it was all because i needed it."

Abbi looked around. "No one'll ever get people like me...coming here turned into a living nightmare but now i'm fighting back against it. Any DUP, protester or cop comes after me they get a taste of neon..." her voice somewhat cold. "I just wanted to go home but could i...no, not like everyone else at least. Beg, steal, lie and cheat...it's the only way i'll have any hope of escape."

Laura nodded "Good, then i can share with you." she cleared her throat. "I'm actually a member of a group known as P.A.C.C., it stands for People Against Conduit Cruelty. We hold up signs and protest against DUP actions against conduits, we're even trying to cycle a movement to shut down Curden Cay. I'm mostly sharing my story tonight at this rally..."

Blades nodded "Good to see like you then, I don't think conduits are all bad after all..." his eyes darting around a bit. Helena came back with his milkshake "Thank you very much..."

Helena had overheard Laura talking "I personally don't have a view on zhese 'conduits' of vich you speak but i do not like vhat ze DUP is doing here in the city. Poking into our everyday lives like zis..." Laura smiled then you should come to the rally tonight, we're trying to help end all of...this.." Helena nodded "I vill...consider it..."

(Alright DUPs, time for your entrance.) (Undisclosed location, roughly fifty miles away from Pittsburgh)

It was a very large meeting room, tile floor and white walls. The speaker, a Tiger in a full suit with military decor from his tours and service. "Fellow agents, brave men and women...allow me to be the first to commend you all for your bravery and service. Chasing after these bio-terrorists and making the world safer is not an easy task, but alas it must be done." The large powerpoint behind him lit up with the D.U.P. logo. "We are the ones who do the dirty work...the street cleaners and peacekeepers..." Ed, Jillian, and Kyrios sat in the row with the rest of their squadron.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 06:18:29 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2016, 03:52:07 pm »
"Then don't hurt anyone, ensnare, trap, block, defend, escape" he smiled "you do have a disadvantage, they've seen your face, but in a city as crowded as this, does that matter? Tell me, do you know my face?"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2016, 06:50:33 pm »
"Knowing the DUP, they'll not take something like that laying down...so...be careful..." Alex said with a sigh. "They'll find a reason to cause issues, government has done it before, even faked reports of attacks in war times to incentivise retaliation. History is important, but so are so many other things. It's nearly impossible to keep track of it all." He thought a bit and nodded. "All you can do is try your best, everything happens for a reason, cause and effect. If you put your heart out there, people listen. They appreciate honesty and in a way, crave the truth. Everyone has opinions, but those that speak from the heart win over those that shout with their wallets."
Mate of WereCat

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2016, 01:34:19 pm »
"Pardon, but i have one question that i feel like needs to be addressed. In the past we haven't had much in the way of run ins with these Bio-Terrorists sympathizers. Well naturally this is a larger city and some bleeding hearts will feel the need to protect them from us. What's protocol say about dealing with these......people." As Kyrios spoke his last word was forced through gritted teeth, it was apparent that he felt no quarter should be given to those that impede what the D.U.P is trying to accomplish.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2016, 02:18:27 pm »
"Ah yes, excellent question Private First Class Avagnar." the speaker answered. The slide reel moved again to show a group of people holding signs in protest "We understand that there's a group in paticular that may prove to be a...thorn in our sides. They go by the name of P.A.C.C. or People against conduit cruelty. As of now there's been no reports of violence and they are protected by the first amendment but...should they get in your way non-lethal restrainment is allowed. If you need more training in that department i'd speak to your squad leader Sargent Tanlin, he's an expert at all that."

Laura nodded. "I know it's not an easy path i'm taking but violence didn't stop Martin Luther King or Gandhi now did it...and the only weapons they had were their words. One thing i learned is you can't just let the world shut you up cause they don't agree..."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »
"Yeah, but a bullet sure stopped the good doctor...poor guy. Never lived to see his dream." Alex said with a long sip of his coffee. "Still, if he didn't, who would have? Somebody had to take the risk, and it bettered the country...in time. No change is immediate in anybody."
Mate of WereCat

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2016, 02:26:07 pm »
"Alrighty, well then my next question is when do we get to mobilize and put those Bio-Terrorists in their place?" Kyrios was standing and stretching, clearly ready to be let off the leash and get out there and start crackin' skulls.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2016, 01:19:37 am »
"Umm... no. I don't. I suppose I see your point," Faris said quietly. "But there will always be the fear of being caught."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2016, 11:13:24 pm »
Leilani turned to Faris, realizing he's probably got nowhere to go right now "Yeah wanna stay far away from whatever constructed hell they've created for us. But umm...If you need a place to rest your head for the night i'll let you hold up with me if you'd like. It's a bit old and run down but it's home."

Abbi looked off in the distance "It's only a matter of time before the DUPs start rolling in full-bore, better get to training fast lest ya wanna end up in Curden Cay like i almost did."

Blades seemed to strike up a conversation With Helena as Laura and Alex carried on with their conversation "Life isn't all just living forever, it's what you leave behind for the world after you've come and gone. Granted living longer gives one more opportunities for leaving good things for the world...But yeah, if yours is creating a club in a traincar i'll aid in that endeavor. We can meet up after my P.A.C.C. event in done tonight, don't have classes tomorrow so i'll have plenty of time."

"We all ship out tomorrow morning, bright and breezy at first light. We'll be in Pittsburgh in time for lunch." The tiger said jokingly. "But you all should get some idea of what's to come in the following weeks...according to recent reports there's five confirmed Bio-terrorists crawling about the city and there's probably a decent number more lurking around. One in particular we suspect is present is Abbi Morris or as she's taken to calling herself 'Juke'. She was originally in a halfway facility before we could get her processed into Curden Cay but managed to escape thanks to faulty restraints. Now's she got a rap sheet ranging from assault to armed robbery. If she's any inkling of what the rest are like, we need to lock them up..."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2016, 11:20:40 pm »
"That sounds pretty cool." Alex said with a smile. "Everyone has their own ways to help or hurt, some get it done in different measures and methods. I just want to make a place where people can forget their troubles if only briefly and have a good time. I hope you have good luck with your event, and...well...be careful."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2016, 06:57:53 am »
"All this talk about peace though...this isn't about politics, it's not about civil rights, it's about survival. They wanted the slaves to continue serving, us? They just want us gone." he started to wander off, not looking over his shoulder as he spoke "I'm going for lunch, you can join me if you'd like, but I don't suggest sticking around here"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2016, 03:46:17 am »
"Lock them up? No no, we need to put them down." Kyrios shook his head. "Orders are orders I guess. Well imma hit the chow then if we're done here."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2016, 11:37:54 pm »
"Well I try to follow that moral compass and hope it's pointing the right direction. What more's there to do really?" Laura answered. She leaned in a bit closer to Alex  "And...no worry, since what...happened to me, I do carry a stun gun."

Abbi's ears perked up at the thought of lunch "Alright rabbit boy, i'll take ya up on that...but we're goin' dutch on tha' bill. No skimpin' on the payment." She gave the basketball she had a few bounces "No need to worry about me I have some cash for once. What waterin' hole ya wanna head to?"

"Remember ladies and gentlemen, bright tomorrow morning we have a final debriefing before we ship out. We also decided to have some...higher-class food in the defac for all of you today. Give you a little taste of the high life before you go marching on into hell...enjoy yourselves today and get some rest cause come tomorrow boys and girls it's Work, work, work!" With that the Tiger dismissed all the squadrons to meal time. Kyrios found himself followed by his squadmates including his leader Sargent Tanlin and and his second in command Corporal Montoro.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2016, 01:49:44 pm »
"I was hoping you could tell me what's good around here, not really from the neighborhood, and I could really go for a good burger...some fries, and a salad." he rattled his coat "I won't skimp on the bill, got plenty to pay with here, anyone else joining us?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2016, 02:48:07 pm »
"So what are you thinking Sarge? You gonna get the steak or the lasagna?" Kyrios licked his lips. "If I can swing it imma get both."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2016, 07:56:02 pm »
"Forgive me if I'm intruding, but what happend may I ask?" Alex asked quietly, some concern in his voice. "Someone try something funny?...I shouldn't assume anything." He said, the last bit more directing toward himself, thinking out loud probably.
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2016, 12:28:40 am »
(Since Wise hasn't posted in a bit, i'll just move his character out of the way for now.)

Leilani helped Faris up and got him to her hideout to let him recover from his ordeal with the rowdy locals.

"Well i know some o' ta cheaper places around 'ere." Abbi answered to Jacoby. "And a decent spread of choices...italian, indian, chinese...you name it i probably know a place in ya' price bracket. What'll it be?"

"Well yes I was assaulted, i'm not afraid to admit that." Laura answered with a nod "Amazing what some people do for the paper in someone's pocket...but I dare not go too further, kind of central in my...speech tonight." she brushed her hair out of her face. "I don't let one thing stop me from living...least that's what my brother taught me and he's gotten places."

"I gotta go for the steak, cooked medium in a spicy rub..." Sgt. Tanlin answered. "Also...glad to have you on board kid. Bio-terrorist hunting ain't exactly easy but you'll be learnin' from the best i guarantee." A serval, Cpl. Montoro joined in "I want the lasagna personally, not exactly like my dad's recipe but it's actually not bad here."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2016, 03:30:17 am »
"Price bracket? I guess I'll try to keep it under $20" he sighed "So all of you...Conduits? What can you manipulate?"