Author Topic: Special Themes  (Read 4557 times)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
Special Themes
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »
A semi-Continuation of a thread I found while looking about the suggestion box.

Why not add more themes? More colorful ones? I enjoy the current format, but some more colorful ones would be enjoyed.

Like a sunset one, with a overall brighter color scheme.

As well as added variants like the info theme.

I think this forum could go for a little more of a varied appearence, don't you?
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.

Offline Mylo

Re: Special Themes
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 11:23:00 am »
Personally, I agree.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 11:34:46 am »

If the background colour changes though, then the text colours may be harder to read. Like we've currently got a rule against the use of black text on the forums. If there is then a background on which black is the easiest to see, and say, default white is harder to see, what happens then? Also, logos would have to be redesigned, which would take a lot of work.

As a personal preference, I like the dark colours, I find them easier to see, but I can understand people wanting a change and some personalisation now and then.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Mylo

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 12:15:14 pm »

If the background colour changes though, then the text colours may be harder to read. Like we've currently got a rule against the use of black text on the forums. If there is then a background on which black is the easiest to see, and say, default white is harder to see, what happens then? Also, logos would have to be redesigned, which would take a lot of work.

As a personal preference, I like the dark colours, I find them easier to see, but I can understand people wanting a change and some personalisation now and then.

But the point is having other themes which you can select yourself, much like Gmail.  So if you like the default theme, you can just stick with that.  Of course it would take a lot of work, but most cool things do. :)

(Of course, this is all theoretical)

Offline Arashi_Calunata

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 07:45:36 pm »
You could have it so the default text color is swapped along with the background color; Like, if the background is white, the default text color is turned to black. With all other colors overriding this rule, unless they match the background color (I.E., no red against red, blue again blue), causing them to become the default color selected for the theme. To prevent overlaping. In fact, for me, the white letters and black background play a game of hell-raiser on my eyesight. I see in stripes for a while. And the other options are basic, too much so.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 09:13:34 pm »
Arashi,  that would mean any users who use anything other than the default text color would have text at any given time that someone couldn't read.  Kobuk's lime green,  for example,  would be unreadable on a lightly colored background.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:45:01 pm »
The black background/white lettering, etc. that everyone currently sees and uses is the "default" theme, and that most likely will never go away as that is what makes Furtopia what it is and what people most recognize about this place. ;)

Offline Mylo

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 10:42:17 am »
The black background/white lettering, etc. that everyone currently sees and uses is the "default" theme, and that most likely will never go away as that is what makes Furtopia what it is and what people most recognize about this place. ;)

Well of course its not wise to destroy one's brand, but a little creativity wouldn't hurt just to offer some options.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 01:10:19 am »
Wouldn't it be at least possible to have, say, a sunset-theme top section, as opposed to the (I think?) nighttime blue that is so accustomable. Or other variants.