Author Topic: Kings and Queens IC  (Read 44467 times)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: Kings and Queens IC
« Reply #1525 on: August 06, 2014, 10:19:14 pm »
Jacklyn nodded and followed Faye to the med-bay. "Thank you. Sorry I didn't come sooner. Let's just say that something happened today that convinced me not to drag my feet," she said sitting down on one of the operating tables. "It's not too bad is it," she said with pain obvious in her tone as she continued to grip at the bullet grazing. "So what was with that guy that was running?"

Aiden continued to run as fast as he could, although his vision kept going in and out with the new heart only just beginning to pump the blood through his system as of recent. "Yeah.... trauma! From you kidnapping me! Get... Get away," he yelled as he began to run slower and slower before he collapsed on the ground. But he soon got back up after a few moments and continued his slow running pace.

"I don't worry about any of this. I have a hard time believing in any of this... magic... stuff. I'm more for what's happening here and now. And now-" he said standing up. "I have a group to get back to," Wise said beginning to walk off. He was going to check on Ari before he left again. He was exhausted but he knew he had to get to the Kings and Queens. To... Leilani.

Vaughn sighed as he waited in the elevator. "So what am I going to do next? Get on my knees and beg to go on this mission? Or am I going to be doing most of the work?"
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #1526 on: August 07, 2014, 11:11:27 am »

Gruff rolls his eyes, being much more interesting in what the Hawk has to say.  He only looks partway over to Cassandra when he speaks.

[Gruff, he’s not hiding his sarcasm]: Well that’s wonderful and all but um, my wife will show you to your room.  [Gruff turns toward the kitchen and yells unnecessarily loudly]: MUSH!!  SHOW THIS LADY TO HER ROOM!!

After Gruff yells there is a little bit of rattling from the kitchen, and shortly afterward a metal tankard flies through the door towards Gruff.  He ducks just in time causing the tankard to sail past the bar and crash though the front window into the street. The Hawk has fallen into a fit of laughter, suggesting this sort of thing shouldn’t be taken too seriously. By the time this has happened Mush is standing next to Cassandra, a sweet motherly smile on her face.  She taps Cassandra’s shoulder to get her attention.

[Mush to Cassandra, accommodating]: Miss, your room is this way.

(Fun little place, isn’t it?)

As if on cue, Ari calls for Wise, rather enthusiastically at that.  Whatever she had been doing while Wise was busy with his card game seems to have turned her day around.

[Ari, she seems exited]: Mister Amador!  Come over here quick!

Whatever it is Ari has to share, it seems to have gotten her in a much better mood.  It would be wise for Amador to find out what she wants... it may be more important to him than he’d expect.

After failing to find Scrap, Owen took shelter in a nearby alleyway, hoping to collect his breath and sort out what had just happened within the Kings and Queens hideout.  Scrap had killed another person... and he had never even seen this one before.  Owen knew that Scrap a needed help, something to keep him under control, something more than what Owen could give him.  Owen slowly realized that if he was alone, so was Scrap... and Scrap could barely sleep at night without him there to keep him company.  If Owen couldn’t keep Scrap together, without him... Alone... it was hopeless for both of them alone...

Kareem would be rather disappointed upon arriving at the port, for the BIS Trident is nowhere to be seen.  In fact there is only one ship, the BIS Prancer, a smaller sized cargo ship.  The whole dock is rather calm today, only a few workers present, moving crates onto the dock on wheeled carts.  The workers looked a bit emotionless, as if they had nothing left to care about.  There was something strange about these crates however.  The crates were labeled as papayas from the BIS Company, but no city would need twenty-six crates of papayas... Better yet, there were two pairs of armed guards; one by the ramp of the ship, the other near the two trucks that would be transporting the crates... What could these crates be hiding?

Leon was scared.  He was alone.  Leon was afraid.  His friends were gone... all of them.  Leon was miserable.  Owen died because of him, his best friend, his ONLY friend, dead because of his rage.  Leon wanted to leave, so badly, wanted to leave the city forever; there was nothing left, all of his friends and family had died because of he failed to do what was needed of him... they wouldn’t miss him, even if they weren’t ten feet under the pavement. Leon still had his Glock with him, he still had eleven bullets... and all it would take is one.  His finger was already on the trigger, nothing to lose, nothing to hope, nothing to live for... but he couldn’t do it...

It’s not what Owen would have wanted.

Leon put his gun down and fell on his side, having no reason to get back up, nor the will if he did.  He was exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally, and he had reached his limits a long time ago.  He had to kill Tyvus, he had to avenge the death of all he knew, he had to make his miserable life worth something... but again, he had failed.  He lacked the strength to fight, his will to survive, and the only thing that he had to care about... It was over now.  Leon closed his eyes.  He couldn’t sleep, but at least he wouldn’t have to look in the eye whatever decided to put him out of his misery.

(Scrap won’t last too long in this condition... If only he had some family that wasn’t dead...)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 10:35:15 pm by Tren »

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #1527 on: August 07, 2014, 12:28:07 pm »
Short hugged Leilani back with a smile. "Whatever you want." He happily said. "Just as long as I'm with you the whole way."
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #1528 on: August 07, 2014, 07:48:03 pm »
"I told you Ari to call me Wise. Otherwise I'm gonna have to start calling you by your last name," Wise said following Ari to what she wanted to show him. "What do you want to show me? Is it important?"
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #1529 on: August 07, 2014, 08:13:29 pm »

When Wise enters the room he finds Ari sitting on a couch, huddled up next to a raccoon about Wise's age.  This raccoon seems to be totally average in appearance, being of average height and build, with standard coat colors and patterns.  The only thing that sets him apart is his left leg, which has been cut off just below the knee.  When he speaks however, Wise would recognize this person as more than just a common background character.  Wise had known him though his time with the Kings and Queens, and more importantly, that he was a good friend of Blades.  This raccoon's name was Marcen Revel, and he shows his excitement in his response to Wise's appearance.

[Marcen, he’s joking, but he’s very excited]: Oh for the love of- Dammit Wise, at this rate we’re gonna have to call it the Kings and Amputees! [He laughs as his finishes]

Ari seems overjoyed, seeing these two meet.  Wise was the closest thing that Ari had to a friend at the moment, so anything to help win him over would make her happy.  This Marcen fellow was very nice too, so if all worked out she might have more than one friend for the first time in years.  In Ari's mind however, anything that smiled at her could be her friend, a result of all the isolation she suffered though.  As long as she put her trust in the right people she would be okay, and Marcen and Wise would do nicely.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 08:31:36 pm by Tren »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #1530 on: August 07, 2014, 09:05:48 pm »
Wise attempted a chuckle as only half of it seemed to escape his lips. "Yeah. I kinda got into a bad fight with someone I once knew," Wise said sitting down across from Marcen. "So how have you been you old dog," Wise asked with a smirk as he knew Marcen was close to Wise's age. "What are you doing in a place like this?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #1531 on: August 10, 2014, 12:19:25 am »
(General note, it is now raining outside. Kinda sets the dark, slightly depressing mood.)

(Kings and Queens, first floor, Medbay)

"Well you're here now and that's what matters." Faye answered as she pulled down the side of her jacket where she was hurt "Honestly, it looks worse than it is. Get you cleaned up, let you rest and you should be good." she put a gause pad on the wound, securing it with medical tape. Faye also offered her some painkillers. "Here, this should take the edge off the pain umm...Jacklyn, right?" Faye had seen her name on the back of her jacket. "Regarding the kid in the hall, he needed an emergency heart transplant and we lost him for a couple minutes. He probably can't remember anything."

(...hallways)

Sierra knew she wasn't getting very far woth Aiden trying to sugarcoat everything. She knew he probably wouldn't believe her but Sierra knew she had to at least try the truth. "Alright, you want the truth? You died for a couple minutes and I had to preform an emergency transplant to save you. If you don't believe me, just look at and feel that scar on your chest. I know you probably won't believe me but...it's all the proof I got" (Note: Aiden had his shirt removed for the transplant.)

(...hallways)

Meanwhile, Chanel kept running towards the sound of Aiden, hardly believing what she was hearing him say "Please Aiden...just calm down. I'll be right there." she told herself as she followed towards his voice.

(Entertainment District, outside Slice of Home Bakery, alleys)

Soon Short and Leilani had finished their cheesecake and were headed back to the hideout. Deciding to take a different, somewhat secluded route, they noticed the sight of Scrap curled up eyes closed, gun nearby. "Short...i think i remember this one here...I think he really needs help." she gave Scrap a gentle shake "Hey...Scrap? Are you there?"

(Somewhere near Kings and Queens hideout)

As Owen pandered his hopeless spot, a cobra appeared out of nowhere. "Hey there..." his voice kinda silky yet kinda eerie. "Wanna get out of this here rain and stay somewhere real nice? Got a luxury room at The Golden Palace with no occupant."

(Entertainment District, Port)

Kareem did notice it seemed rather odd the large shipment of papayas...plus the guards? Something didn't quite seem right here...He moved to a crate away from the guards and listened closly to try and see if it actually was papayas in them crates.

(Entertainment District, Port, Screaming Fish Tavern)

Cassandra simply nodded as she followed Mush to her room. "Alright...thanks. I just really need to rest now." nodding as she sat on the edge of the bed in the room.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #1532 on: August 10, 2014, 10:55:35 am »
Short quickly headed over, careful to keep the gun away from him. "I don't think I remember this person." He slowly said. "It just escapes me. Sorry." He kneeled down next to the person and looked them over. "I'm not a great medic..."
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #1533 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:34 pm »
"Thanks. And yeah. It's Jacklyn," she said as she took the pain pills and swallowed them with no problem. "Well... who should I speak to about getting in this group? I could use the protection and I know you guys are all against Tyvus," she said not making eye contact as she began to zone off about the earlier events of that day.

Aiden looked at the scar on his chest and wondered how it got there. However, he knew that this had to be a lie for whatever other kidnappers to come rushing to capture him once more. "No! YOU'RE LYING," Aiden yelled as he began to run even faster than before until he would be out of the base, and would continue running after that. His adrenaline was pumping at this moment and nothing was going to stop him from getting away.

(To be edited later for Wise's part of this post.)

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #1534 on: August 17, 2014, 01:22:06 am »

While Kareem is listening to the crates, one of the security officers –a black bear- has taken notice and walks up behind him.  He speaks to Kareem, though judging by his voice he does not seem like he’s about to use any real force at the moment.

[Guard to Kareem, rather nonchalantly]: I can assure you sir that we are not smuggling alarm clocks.  Don’t want an incident like what happened last winter. [The guard laughs under his breath as he finishes, and puts a paw on Kareem’s shoulder]  Now, I’d either be ready to explain why you’re here or hope that you’re a fast runner.

(The guard has a SPAS-12 and a Glock 17.)

Marcen laughs at Wise’s joke.  He was relieved that Wise wasn’t as grumpy and irritable as normal; this could give them a chance to really socialize, something that had never been possible in the past.  Naturally, Marcen plays along with the joke and responds in turn.

[Marcen to Wise, humored]: Pfft, you’re the old dog!  Do I look like a wolf to you? [He laughs] But seriously friend, it’s good to see a familiar face.

It seems a bit odd how nice Marcen is being towards Wise, considering their past together.  Of course anybody who has known Marcen for a decent amount of time would know that he is quick to forgive and generous with second chances.  It’s also unlikely that the news about Wise selling out the black pieces has reached Marcen, so he has little reason to be upset with Wise.  Marcen continues and responds to Wise’s question, his tone becoming a little bit less playful and more serious.

[Marcen to Wise, he’s calmed down]: It’s a bit of a long story.  You remember when Jemeni went missing, right?  Well ended up going after her, and kinda forgot to tell anybody that I was leaving.  I just, I couldn’t le- [Marcen suddenly stops himself, looking a bit panicked for some reason] I, you see... It’s kinda complicated.  Let’s wait till we have more time, so I can tell you the whole story. [He smiles] So, how’d you lose your arm, and who was the fight with?  I-i-I mean, if you don’t mind me asking, sorry. [Marcen chuckles after he apologizes]

Marcen doesn’t seem to be in the same mood he was a few moments ago; his cheeriness seems a bit fake now.  Ari has an arm around Marcen’s back and is resting her head on his shoulder, as if they had known eachother for years; Marcen doesn’t seem to mind, despite her being a complete stranger.

(Wise, don’t edit your response into you previous post.  We don’t want to reverse time or anything like that.)

Owen nearly screamed out of shear surprise when he heard this unexpected voice.  Once the words registered in his head he tried to consider his options.  Owen had lived on the streets long enough to know that strangers were usually bad news, but his his current situation Owen didn’t have any options.  Even if this was probably a trick, the prospect of the chance of a place to stay was too good to pass up.

[Owen, nervous]: I-i-I’d, okay yes! [Owen looks around frantically for the source of the voice] Um, where are you sir?  I d-don’t know where the Golden Palace is....

Scrap's part is in the works, as are some much needed character cards. ;)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #1535 on: August 30, 2014, 08:32:15 pm »
(Kings and Queens, First floor, Lower west hall)

After Blades and Izzy had warned the mages of the oncoming danger and gave them a map to one of their safehouses. Shortly after the mages departed for said safehouse Blades and Izzy returned to the hideout. "Alright, the mages should be safe there Izzy. Kael'd be happy." Blades said as they reappeared in the safehouse. "He would be...now, I believe we both have our respects to pay..." Izzy answered. Blades merely nodded his head sadly as they headed to the Medbay until they heard the cries for Aiden from down the hall. Izzy sighed and shook her head "Now what's going on?" "I don't know but we should go investigate." Blades answered.

(...North Hall)

Chanel heard Aiden getting more scared and anger "Aiden! Aiden please! Don't run away..." tearing up as she ran towards his voice. "Please we've been through enough Aiden...please..."

(...MedBay)

"Well you'd have to speak to King Blades or Queen Izzy but...i don't know where they are at the moment." Faye answered. "Do you want anything in the meantime? A little food? Some juice or something like that?" she offered.

(...East Hall)

Sierra continued to pursue Aiden "Listen...i'm tell you nothing but the truth...If it wasn't for me you'd be dead!!" she was starting to run out of breath but she still kept after him.

(Entertainment District, Alleys)

Leilani saw Scrap was still despondent. She knew she'd have to try something a bit different. "Please Leon...don't you remember me? Leilani...little princess..." thinking back to their childhood when they played in a cardboard castle.

(...Alleys)

Therin came out of the shadows, revealing himself to Owen "Oh worry not. I can get you there, get you a drink, let you unwind..." his voice eerie but smooth.

(Entertainment District, Port)

Kareem jumped a bit but then realized things weren't bad yet. "Oh hello sir...i'm actually here on behalf of a friend. Also, looking for somebody." he thought, maybe make some convo with this guy and maybe he'd discover a bit more "So, what did happen last winter? Or is that classified, cause if it is sorry i asked."

(...Screaming Fish Tavern)

Cassandra was sitting in her room now, listening to the rain as it hit the roof of the tavern. "Hmm...Kareem used to love the sound of rain on the roof..." she sighed as she sat on the bed. She pulled a paper scrap from her jacket pocket and starting making some crude sketch.

(Industrial District, The Humble Abode Inn)

As Wise, Marcen, and Ari conversed about what had occured, the smell of food began to waft in. Dinner would probably be ready soon but they still had some time to talk.

(Business District, Iterian Typewriters' headquarters)

Lando nodded "So...you'll help us then?" Trish opened a drawer on her desk "Yes, but first you need to help me..." she looked a bit misty as she pulled out a photo of her with a chinese water deer "That's Emily...me and her are...we're lovers and i need help. She's in jail and we need her..." tearing up a little as she fininhed. Lando took the photo and nodded "Don't worry Trish, we'll get Emily back safe. You can count on the Kings and Queens..."

(City Center, Government Tower, Elevator)

Suddenly the elevator stopped and there stood a red and dark gray kangaroo in a suit similar to Vaughn's. She motioned to him "You there, with the gas mask. Come with me."

(Oh boy was that a lot to chew on...sorry if I missed anything)

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #1536 on: August 31, 2014, 11:38:44 pm »
Wise sighed and didn't look so happy at this point. He looked at his stump with a sullen look, feeling slightly angry that he wasn't able to better defend himself. "It... I lost it when it was severed... by Sahras. She... and I fought pretty badly. Ari was there too. You wouldn't believe how many bullets Sahras took."

Aiden continued to run, what seemed like even faster now than before.  "I... I have to get out of here," he mumbled to himself as he ran out the entrance of the headquarters continuing to run, not caring where he was going at the moment. Anywhere but where he ran from.

Vaughn was hesitant as he saw the kangaroo. He slowly stepped out of the elevator and approached the kangaroo. "So I suppose you can get me out of these," he asked curiously showing her his cuffs.

"Yeah. A little juice would be nice," Jacklyn said with a smile as she looked away from Faye, her expression becoming sullen.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 07:14:54 am by The Wise one »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #1537 on: September 04, 2014, 06:26:17 am »
(Still working on how to intro Aiden into his new story.  I apologize for the delay.)

Ari smelt the food being cooked; she was exited for dinner, as she hadn’t eaten real food for a few months.  The food was taken off her mind however, when Wise mentioned Sahras. She spoke up, continuing where Wise left off.

[Ari to Marcen and Wise, serious]: I counted.  Eight shots in all, and she didn’t even flinch.  I remember Ynves always told me to never go near her, but... I never saw a scarier thing in all my life, I swear.

Ari looks down for a moment, like she’s thinking about something.  Wise blacked out before Sahras died, so he didn’t know what happened after...  Ari knew from Ynves, that information is power, and in that case, what Ari told Wise could very well save somebody’s life later on.

[Ari to Marcen and Wise, continuing, she seems a little down]: It was so strange though... after she cut off your arm, she tried to attack me, but right when she was about to finish me, she stopped.  She turned off her... whatever that thing was, and turned away, like she was ashamed.  I think I passed out, but the last thing I remember was her walking back over to Wise, like a totally different person.

Marcen merely raised an eyebrow, as if he wasn’t very surprised by Ari’s story.  He was more interested in Wise’s reaction, as he had hardly spoken with Sahras before this incident.

Owen had never dealt with pressure well, and right now he was cornered.  In his mind, the only possible option would be to act submissive and give in to whoever is addressing him.  Raymond had made sure of that...

[Owen, quietly]: Y-yes sir, that sounds wonderful.

Owen felt that he should have said more, but he couldn’t figure out what else to add.  All that mattered right now was being polite and agreeable, lest he face some sort of punishment.

The bear laughed at Kareem, it being obvious that he was hiding something.  After all, who goes around in the freezing rain examining boxes of fruit?  Only an idiot would ignore that sort of evidence, and this bear is not one of Tyvus’ usual slackers.  The fact that he has a personality is certainly enough to show that.

[Bear]: Oh, last winter? Heheh... no, you don’t want to know what happened.  But that’s not too important now is it?  No, what matters here is that you’re snooping around somewhere you shouldn’t.  I mean, it’s raining buckets and you’re out here with no explainable reason. [He laughs] But before I kick you off the docks, I must know, who is this “friend” that sent you?

The bear has a sinister gleam in his eyes, and his wild smirk reveals a few of his teeth.  It still doesn’t look like he’s out for blood, but it’s clear that he is willing to try something should Kareem not give some answers, and quickly.

Leon was barely conscious when he heard Leilani’s voice.  He was either dreaming or he was dead, there was no way that Leilani was alive, much less trying to help him up. There was no hope, hope only leads to disappointment, and thinking that this was real would only hurt him later on.  But Leon was didn’t have to listen to Raymond anymore, he was dead, Leon killed his worst enemy, and with that, he could free his mind from the chains that bound him to his misery. “Screw it, what do I have to lose” He thought, Leon couldn’t be any lower, he needed something to hold on to, and right now that thing was the voice in his head... his littler sister’s voice, something so precious to him it caused him to tear up, though the rain kept it out of sight. This newfound hope gave him just enough strength.  Leon tried to get back on his feet, attempting to speak while doing so.

[Leon to Leilani, his voice is distant and hard to hear over the rain]: Little sis... if that’s really you...

Unfortunately Leon was unable finish as he collapsed back onto the cold wet ground. No amount of hope would be enough to get him up at this point, his hunger, pain and sadness had taken everything he had out of him, and the rain finished the job.  Leon blacked out as soon as he hit the ground.  Leon needed medical attention, and soon.  He was not going to get back up unless he was taken inside; he wouldn’t last long in the middle of a freezing rain storm. It would be very difficult to get him back to the hideout, especially with the limited visibility... but something has to be done.

Mynyah was wondering mindlessly, lost in thought.  What would she say to Meak?  A simple apology just didn’t seem right, Mynyah felt that the words wouldn’t seem sincere if she was the one speaking them. What Mynyah didn’t realize is that Meak would be impressed simply by the fact that Mynyah had the heart to come to her, but also that she really did regret what she had done, and not only because of how Meak reacted.  Mynyah genuinely felt bad about scaring those kids the way she did.  She was snapped out of her thought however, when she heard Leilani’s voice, just around a corner she was passing.  This changed things.  Should she go up to them and apologize directly?  Or would she only scare them further?  Mynyah crouched down by the wall just out of sight while she pondered her options.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:24:55 am by Tren »

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #1538 on: September 04, 2014, 07:28:34 am »
Short watched and listened as he knelt beside Leilani and the unconscious being. "What can I do?" He asked uncertainly, he wasn't much of a medic as much as a battery.
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #1539 on: September 15, 2014, 05:33:32 pm »
(Kings and Queens Hideout, First Floor, North hall)

Blades and Izzy came to the end of the hall to see Sierra slumped down and out of breath "Sierra, what happened?" Blades asked. "It's Aiden, the Robo-Heart suddenly kicked in but he's suffering memory loss and thinks we kidnapped him so now he's trying to get away." Suddenly Chanel went bolting out the door chasing after Aiden in the cold and rain. "Chanel wait..." Izzy said as Chanel bolted out into the night. "Blades...Izzy...there's a girl in the MedBay, came in with a wound on her shoulder looking for you two."

(...MedBay)

"Alright, Jaclyn." Faye went over to a small refridgerator and pulled out a juice box. She stuck the straw in and handed it to her "Here, iur leaders should be here soon." Faye noticed the somber look on Jaclyn "I know these are hard times...but we have to fight, it's the only way things'll get better."

(Entertainment District, Outside Kings and Queens hideout)

Chanel was running through the rain, trying desperatly to catch up to Aiden "Aiden! Aiden!"

(...Alleys)

"You might not be any medic, but I know someone who is Short." Leilani croutched down and picked up Scrap under his arms "Help me get him to the base Marcus, We need to get him to my mother she'll know what to do."

(...Other alleys)

Therin snickered on the inside seeing Owen so willing to follow. "Alright then fine sir...now just to get out of this rain."

(...Docks)

Kareem knew it may not be best to deal with whatever that bear may have in mind. He knew he'd have to word this carefully..."I'm here on behalf of a friend sir, she was supposed to meet someone here but her sister is grieving at the moment and she is unable to make it at the time." Kareem's face did say he was being honest.

After Cassandra finished her little drawing, she placed both it and the pencil on the nightstand heading back down to the tavern floor. "Maybe a little walk could help clear my mind..." she said to herself aloud.

Suddenly in the common room with the television, in walked a hyena woman. She also seemed to have some lynx in her. She sat in a chair nearby looking over at how the little group was conversing "So...how is everything, all things considered?" she asked.

(City Center, Government Tower, 8th floor)

The kangaroo led Vaughn to a room away from the main hallways and cameras. She undid the shackles and pulled out a handgun "Take your suit off now! If i'm gonna have a partner in crime, i need to know everything they did to you!"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #1540 on: September 15, 2014, 05:41:54 pm »
"Ok." Short said as he carefully picked up the unconscious fur. He slowly moved along with Leilani in case there was some bone issues. "On a cheerier note, I can't wait to meet your mom." He said with a short laugh.
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #1541 on: September 20, 2014, 10:38:43 pm »
"Yeah. It seems so," Jaclyn said with a sigh. "I just... I don't know where else to go," she said with tears beginning to fill her eyes once more. "Just... my daddy. Tyvus... he... he," Jaclyn began to say beginning to hyperventilate with each attempt to finish her sentence.

"A... different person," Wise said softly, trying to recall back to a time when Sahras seemed different. But then that brought back memories of the days he would show his hatrid to the black pieces. "I... don't recall her being any different. What did she do," Wise asked looking at Ari. "Why didn't she kill me when she had the chance? She cut off my arm!" Wise was beginning to get a bit angry now that he was so close to death, but he didn't get this gift. No. He was still alive. But he knew he still had things to take care of before he could ever consider dying. There was too much to lose.

Aiden continued to run, ignoring all shouts of what could have been a false name. He covered his ears as he continued to run in the rain, the cold drops of water hitting his face hardly allowing him to see. All he had to do was get away and hide, or possibly outrun whoever was still chasing him.

A white husky stood in the room with a patch of red on her back up to her neck. She had the appearance of a small child and was cuffed from her neck to her hands. She was on a video chat with Tyvus. "But Daddy! You said I could finger paint today! Why won't the cuffs come off? You promised," Eve whined to the monitor in front of her, showing Tyvus. "And you said I could go outside and play with someone else like me. Didn't you say that too?"

Vaughn put his hands up. "Take off my suit? What for," he said slowly taking off his gas mask. "You're crazy if you think me taking off my suit will show what they did to me. Better yet I can just tell you. Is that fine for your high expectations?"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:27:33 pm by The Wise one »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #1542 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:30 am »

Marcen had a feeling that Wise would become upset over Ari's news; it was his go-to reaction to anything he couldn't change, ever since they had begun working together in the Kings and Queens.  He knows that he has to get Wise to start thinking about something else, something more productive, such as getting back home the hideout.

[Marcen to Wise, calm but with a hint of sternness]: Wise, Sahras is the most unpredictable piece we've ever picked up.  Don't try to figure out what she's thinking, you'll just end up frustrated. [He sighs] What's most important now is getting the both of us home. [He turns the the hyena that has just joined them] You wouldn't happen to have any new ideas on how to get us home, would you?

Marcen knows that Wise would continue to be restless until he was with Leilani again.  Getting home would have to be priority number one.   Both Wise and Marcen were vulnerable until they were able to receive replacement limbs, and it wouldn't hurt to get to see old friends once more.

Scrap groaned as he was picked up, showing that he was still alive, though it was drowned out by the rain.  Unfortunately, getting Scrap back to the hideout would be difficult. Despite his starved condition and already small body, scrap was not exactly a light load to carry, particularly not for two youngsters. 

As this was happening, Mynyah decided to roll the dice and take her chances helping out the two kids.  She walked around the corner, her black form and glowing yellow eyes making her look like some sort of demon.  This effect was only intensified by the rain, which made her appear blurry and even further spirit-like.  She spoke in the kindest voice she could muster, though it seemed a little too sincere from a stranger.

[Mynyah to Leilani and Short, she's trying her best to sound nice]: Ahem... um, you two, do you need any help there?

Mynyah has already begun to regret her decision, fearing that she had already blown her chance and making up.  The next few words exchanged would likely seal their friend/foe relationship.

The bear laughs at Kareem's pathetic excuse.  Nobody in the right mind would have a meeting at the docks at this hour, let alone during the middle of a shipment.  He further questions Kareem, hoping to get some more valuable information.

[Bear to Kareem, he's losing his patience]: That’s cute kid, of course that’s why you’re here.  Now quit yer lyin and tell me who sent you.  Order?  Full House?  You sure ain’t one of Tyvus’ men, and you ain’t dumb enough to be one of Kazek’s goons. [He scans the area, presumably looking for a spy.]

Judging by what the bear has said now, it is clear that he knows what he's guarding, for who, from who and why.  Getting these answers would not be easy without some clever wording on Kareem's part.

Blades, couldja skip ahead for Owen?  He ain't gonna say anything more than what he's already done.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 07:53:42 pm by Tren »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #1543 on: October 16, 2014, 11:04:40 pm »
(Kings and Queens hideout, first floor, Medbay)

Blades and Izzy had made their way to the Medbay to see Jaclyn sitting on the table hyperventilating. They both quickly came to her side "Hey...hey, focus on me honey." Blades said getting down to her eye level. "I'm...i'm sorry for what happened." Izzy put a hand on her shoulder "Listen...listen. Just cool down a little, we'll take care of you." she added.

Jaclyn talking about her father sent Faye thinking about her past "Mama...Xavier..." she seemed to be staring off into space now, lost in thought. Sierra had walked back to the Medbay in this time and saw her in her funk..."Faye...Faye, back to earth." Faye didn't respond but kept looking off into space. "Mama......Xav...Xavier..."

(Entertainment District, away from Kings and Queens hideout)

Chanel kept running through the rain, trying to find Aiden to little avail. She was slumped over, weeping bitterly as Tara's words rang in her head. "You'll remember his good memories, not his death..." "If only it were that simple!" Chanel said as she stood in the dark, rainy night. "I just want Aiden back..."

(...Alleys)

"I'm sure mama will love you Short." Leilani said before she saw the figure in front of them. She listened but seemed hesitant, the voice seemed vaguely familiar but it didn't ring any good bells. But then Leilani looked back at their scenario, Scrap was unconcious and needed medical attention, the rain would probably begin to hurt Short soon and they needed to get back to base. "Ummm...yes. We really...really need help, i know where we're going but we need to get there rather quickly."

(...Docks, docks)

Kareem was staring to think he'd painted himself into a bit of a corner. He thought he either had to roll over or get tough... "Sorry was I not clear enough? I'm here on behalf of my friend Isabella (Izzy). However if you want to play hardball i'd be more than willing to...How do I know who you are? What if you have a guy hidden somewhere with a sniper rifle? As for who i'm with...I have but a single piece on my person that reveals that. Seek and you shall find..."

Cassandra had made it down to the tavern floor, she sat at the bar scanning the tavern for patrons. Maybe she'd get one more drink, after all that safehouse had more than enough money to live off of for now...

(...Golden Palace)

Therin had taken Owen to the Golden Palace...A shimmering beacon of sin, greed, and money in this already hard-up city, a fifteen story casino/hotel with high-roller, VIP, and high-end suites with a five story casino and three floors of shops and restaurants. The basement however...held it's own secrets. "Now you sit tight my otter friend as I get some drinks." Therin signaled over to the bartender as he got two glasses out and filled them. "'Nother one for the arena?" the bartender asked. "Oh...yeah..." Therin answered as he walked away, the b artender snearing away with his own little scheme. "Here you are." Therin said setting the drink in front of Owen as he sat down.

The hyena nodded "Yeah, on one of our scavenging runs we found an old APC and two halftracks on that warehouse pick. We'll let you take one of the halftracks to keep but...it's not in good shape right now, it needs engine oil, brake fluid, a new wheel, and some work on the carberator. Alistar and Jeordie are working it as we speak and Claire went out to find the brake fluid. Also, Lizzeth said dinner would be ready in a bit." she looked over to see Wise and Ari. "Hey, i'm guessing you two are the new ones Alistar picked up off the streets. Name's Keisha, i run with Alistar and my aunt Rosa helps run The Discipleship."

(Business District)

Lando was headed back to the base in the Entertainment District when he saw a strange furson on his way back...oddly, it looked like his deceased daughter...kind of. "Sh...Shea...honey? It's daddy...please...come with me." She looked away "Daddy, it's me...i was promised i could come back to you sometime...but now's not the right time. You'll know it when the time's right." she walked away leaving Lando in a strange state of mind as he headed back. He looked back at the photo Trish had given him "Gotta focus Lando...the gang needs you..."

(City Center, Government Tower, Eve's room)

Tyvus sighed looking at Eve from the other side of the screen "Eve honey...I'll let you fingerpaint in time, don't you worry. Maybe when Selon comes back you and him can play a little..." he smiled a little "You know daddy loves you, right?"

(...8th floor)

The kangaroo got a little angry now "Listen...you wanna get out of here?!? I call the shots. Now listen, you just unzip the top part of your suit and tell me everything that occured...I like to have visible proof."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #1544 on: October 17, 2014, 06:10:27 pm »
Short nodded and looked around at the skies, hopefully it won't rain too heavily. "Well, we might be able to take a car or something. I was tought how to do that when I used to be a white piece." He looked around a bit, looking for a good vehicle, finding one he smiled and carefully huddled over. He tried the handle to no avail and cursed, before snapping a finger and making a key of ice and jamming it in. He unlocked the door from there. "This will help, stay in the back with her."
Mate of WereCat