Author Topic: Inside the Dark (OOC)  (Read 3226 times)

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
Inside the Dark (OOC)
« on: October 03, 2014, 12:25:42 pm »
Inside the Dark

You awake, the air is cold and stale and there is a constant soft humming coming from all around you.  The room in front of you is dimly lit, but you make out a circular room with metal floors and walls, and all along the walls are little alcoves with doors on them, some of them are open, and there are people inside the alcoves dressed in simple white clothes, by their expression you think they don't know what's going on either.  You think back, and the last thing you remember is..  you don't remember anything.  Not your name, not your loved ones, not what you do for a living.  You know things, but you don't know how you do, you can speak, you know all the normal things a person should know.  For example, you know that waking up like this is strange.  You know this should not be happening, but it is.  You know that there is something otherworldly about this place.

In this game, you do not remember anything about who you are or how you got here, but you know you want to survive.  There are others with you, and it's up to you if you work together or you do not trust them and go your own way.

Rules:
-Follow the forum rules.
-No power-gaming (god modding, auto hitting, that kind of thing)
-If you have a dispute, take it to PM (if the dispute is with another player, let me know and I will take it to PM and moderate)
-Although you can appeal to my decisions (see above) my word is how things are.
-If you are not having fun, please let me know what's going on and I will work with you to try and improve things.
-Please act on only the knowledge your character has gained, not on knowledge you as a player know through some sort of outside (OOC) source.

Character sheet:

Name - (you don't know your name, but you will probably want to stop being called 'hey you' eventually.  If your character would not make one up themselves, say that in parenthesis and update the card once someone names you)
Gender – (self explanatory)
Species – (any earthly species, including human, or up to a 2 animal hybrid)
Appearance – (do you have scars, birthmarks, unusual coloring?  how old do you look, how tall are you, what's you build?)
Ability – (you don't know it yet, but each of you have some sort of special ability that distinguishes you from others.  What is this ability?  Special knowledge, like a physicist? Unusual raw talent, like great strength or charisma?  Or perhaps some kind of psychic ability?  At some point you will be put into a situation that will make you aware of this ability, but before that you have no idea about it.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Inside the Dark (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 10:40:12 pm »
Name - orange
Gender – female
Species – fox
Appearance – she is short, slender and flat chested, easily making her appear younger than she really is (she looks like a high school freshman, she is actually 22)
Ability – empath (can feel others emotions as their own, as well as tell if someone is lying)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 02:40:28 pm by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 09:06:11 am »
If no one else is interested, I'll come up with a couple of characters of my own, so this can be a thing.

I'll at least wait for you to finish the details on your character, Jacoby, and if anyone else shows interest I will give them time as well.

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 09:32:22 am »
I'm interested. I'll get a card filled out... Some time...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 08:07:10 am »
Name - Legs
Gender – Male
Species –  Daddy-longlegs spider/ Yeti crab
Appearance – with a short and stout body maybe a foot and a half tall but many rather long legs, much of his height is given by his hairy legs, his body is covered with armor like plates of a crustacean and pincers on his front most set of legs, meaning he walks on three pairs instead of 4. He has bright yellow markings that stand out from his cream collored shell and running along his pincers. Given his body it's difficult to determine age other than relative size, but from that you can guess that at 5 and a half or so feet tall at the knees (wich are usually above the body) , he's at least in his early 20's or late teens. Has several small holes lining his body and hates anything getting lodged in there, but has ways of removing it.
Ability - can warp short distances.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:22:31 am by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:59:32 am »
Jacoby, you are approved

Furenzied, holly-crap that is creepy..  Your warping ability will have a cool-down period, of at least a minute, and can only go a maximum distance of 25 feet., however you can warp without having to see where you are going, and have no danger of being stuck inside a solid object (if the wall is greater than 25ft thick, you just won't go anywhere, otherwise you end up pushed past or in front of a solid object).  Be careful of using the warp though, there is no guaranty that the other side is safe.  Let me know if this limitation is OK with you.  If so, you are approved, if not, give me a counter offer and I will consider.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 10:58:49 am »
Name: Lurker(they catch him sneaking so they nickname him)
Species:Wolf
Appearance:Grey and a little black on the face, dark green eyes, 5'8 looks about 19 has a average build has a slash on his right arm from being in a knife fight but doesn't remember.
Ability: send objects flying back( including people and bullets of course a limit of a 15ft radius) back 40ft but this makes him usually lose conscious or extremely tired.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 11:06:40 am by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:24:08 am »
Name - Reaper
Gender – female
Species – doberman
Appearance – 5' 11" black with a blue-ish tint and off-white markings. Facial markings make a skull shape over her head, while the others make vague bone shapes over her body. Solid white eyes, though is not blind. Fairly thin, though also pretty toned.

Ability – Can go full reaper for a short time; skeleton wings, scythe, etc, but leaves her exhausted.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:37:49 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 12:06:02 pm »
Jacoby, you are approved

Furenzied, holly-crap that is creepy..  Your warping ability will have a cool-down period, of at least a minute, and can only go a maximum distance of 25 feet., however you can warp without having to see where you are going, and have no danger of being stuck inside a solid object (if the wall is greater than 25ft thick, you just won't go anywhere, otherwise you end up pushed past or in front of a solid object).  Be careful of using the warp though, there is no guaranty that the other side is safe.  Let me know if this limitation is OK with you.  If so, you are approved, if not, give me a counter offer and I will consider.

Most of that seems fine, but I'd rather that, while he doesn't need to see where he's going, he does need to know if something is already there. If there is like a wall and he does warp, if it's like 35 feet, then he'd just be shunted out the nearest available space that can support him. (Not like compressing him in the nearest space regardless of size, not sure how that effects cooldown...maybe a 30-45 second one depending if that happens and how far he gos.) Hurting him depending on how hard and how far he gos...I'm also thinking that if he's moving while he warps then the motion carries as well...kind of like how Portal does it.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 04:01:17 pm »
Ok, mine's completed. How's it look?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 04:49:56 pm »
this is shaping up nicely
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 09:27:34 am »
Shard the Wolf, you are approved

Sledge, I have been wracking my brain on this one, but I'm just not seeing the reaper power as quite fitting in.  Here are the two problems I have:  one it is a little vague on what this actually does for you, other than you looking pretty cool, and two, it sounds more like a mystical/magical power and the theme I was trying for was more of sci-fi thing, where psychic stuff (sometimes extreme psychic stuff) works well.  If you still want to do some kind of transformation, I think we can work something out, but I need to know what abilities you have when you are transformed.

Furenzied, although not impossible, it may be really hard sometimes to know whats were you would be warping.  If you are going back to where you came from, no problem, but going forward, through walls or locked doors or something..  Anyway, I already thought the shunting to a space you can fit was the way it would go, and just out and out failing to go anywhere if it was nothing but solid behind a wall.  The conservation of momentum is a cool detail, so that's approved.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 11:19:32 am »
Ok. That sounds good. I was probably overthinking things again.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2014, 11:21:39 am »
I understand. I'll just throw some stuff out and you tell me what sounds reasonable.

1. Scythe can cut through just about any obstacle; walls, doors, etc.
2. Can reap souls to completely heal herself; not PCs, but maybe if we run into any NPCs?
3. If not #2, completely heals self upon transforming.
4. As the reaper or death itself, can bring haracters back to life. Assuming she has a reason to.

I can give more if I need to.

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2014, 09:22:03 pm »
Eh, maybe I'll give this a shot... Still thinking... Had this started already?
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 09:46:05 pm »
Not yet. It hasn't quite started.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 09:54:02 pm »
Ehhh, I'll give it a shot, see if I like it.

Name - Donovan Ventrillo
Gender - Male
Species - Corsac Fox
Appearance - Small, about 4 and a half feet tall. Light orange fur. Blue eyes. Chest and belly fur is white.
Ability - Can see through walls. (Only works on one wall, can't look through a wall behind another wall.)
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 06:01:01 pm »
Quick question, if the wall was over 25 feet, and Legs used his ability, would that count or not since he never went anywhere, or does that count as a use since he did warp, but was just pushed back to the place he was before?
Mate of WereCat

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 10:33:02 am »
@Sledge - OK, I'm still thinking on this one, how about a compromise.  I do not want you to have the scythe, it doesn't quite fit my vision of things, and the ability to cut through anything is too powerful.  No soul reaping; however you do not only heal completely, but for a short duration you are completely invulnerable to harm of any kind (say for a minute or so).  Resurrection?  maybe too powerful, but I think I might allow it anyway.  The catch though is you really can't do this too often (Shoot me a quick PM if you think you should be able to use it again, and I will preemptively send you a PM when I feel it has been enough time.  I will do my best to respond to your PM ASAP if you send me one)

@Aryd - looks good.  Approved.  As a clarification, you can look through walls or any container (I am assuming that would be self explanatory, but I wanted to mention that)

I will be starting this soon, probably tomorrow or Wednesday, assuming no late comers, and that Sledge agrees to my adjustment.

Remember that all powers/abilities are unknown/forgotten until I let you know.  I plan on setting up situations which will make each of you use your powers unconsciously.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:47:18 pm by Remley Bishop »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2014, 10:41:48 am »
Yes, I agree.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 02:28:43 pm »
Would I be able to join? None of the rps I have joined stay up and I think this could be a very fun one to play. I also always make sure to make posts of a paragraph or more every time I post.
Feel free to let me know if you like the character.

Name: Ki / Chi
Species:Hybrid Black-cat /Hint of Dragon
Description:Thin and flexible with a muscular build. His braided hair (head) is about 2-3 feet long and appears to have red highlights.While his fur is black he is lined with blood red chakra markings (all over over his body.) His eyes switch between green and brown, green for night and brown for day. as a bonus from his Drac side his claws are as tough as stone and can extend and retract about an inch
Ability: Chi/Ci/Ki (the ability to to project and amplify ones physical force beyond the body using motions as a sort of generator and your apendages as a sort of amplifier or funnel. Chi can also be generated through controlled breathing)  slicing is also possible, not easy but possible. While this ability can be beneficial it takes a soundness of ones mind to really control. Otherwise it can stick to your instincts when panicked and becomes unpredictable (either not able to use it fully or wide blasts that cause little damage and can knock back multiple enemies.)
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 04:49:34 pm »
Remember that all powers/abilities are unknown/forgotten until I let you know.  I plan on setting up situations which will make each of you use your powers unconsciously.

it's kinda impossible for an empath to not know they have that ability
it's like being able to read social cues, it isn't something you actively DO
if someone near you feels angry, you would feel a bit ticked too,if someone is lying you'd get a feeling that they are, it is instinct at that point...unless they are a pathological liar...then empathy would be useless on telling if they are lying at all.

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 08:30:45 am »
@ evolve42 - Looks good, you are approved, I will add you in (quite easy at the moment)

@ Jacoby - trust me on this, your power is the easiest to come back, but at this exact moment you don't feel anything.  Think of it like a numbness after sleeping.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 03:31:08 pm »
okay....and here i went with something day to day...everyone else has superpowers. oh well, I do my best work in the weakest vessel.

Offline evolve42

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 03:33:42 am »
Sweet when should my character start being able to use his ability? Or should it be a gradual thing? just curious
only in complete darkness can one see the brightest light