Author Topic: Inside the Dark (IC)  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
Inside the Dark (IC)
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:03:06 am »
You all awake, the air is cold and stale and there is a constant soft humming coming from all around you.  The room in front of you is dimly lit, but you can make out a circular room with metal floors and walls, and all along the walls are little alcoves with doors on them, some of them are open, and there are people inside the alcoves dressed in simple white clothes, by their expression you think they don't know what's going on either. 
Including the alcove you are in there are a total of 5 doors open.  In two reside foxes, one wolf, one doberman with unusual fur markings, and the last has a 5' 6" tall daddy-long-legs and yeti crab hybrid.

You think back, and the last thing you remember is..  you don't remember anything.  Not your name, not your loved ones, not what you do for a living.  You know things, but you don't know how you know them; you can speak and you know all the normal things a person should know.  For example, you know that waking up like this is strange.  You know this should not be happening, but it is.  You know that there is something otherworldly about this place.

A glance at the room show it's very spartan, but on opposite ends there are two larger doors with a panel beside them, which look like exits to the room.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Inside the Dark (IC)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:36 am »
The strange amalgamation slowly and cautiously heads out, leading with it's pincers as best it can. It slowly looked around as it's eyes adjusted. It was unsure how it got there, not quite scared as much as curious about the situation. It stood there silently as it's body hung below it's legs a bit in it's wide stance.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 11:02:39 am »
Furenzied:  You walk into the room fairly spacious, and each step echos a metallic click which hollowly resounds off the floor.  The dim lighting intensifies slightly, seemingly in response to your presence.  You also detect a slight current of air beginning as you move out into the room.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 11:19:30 am »
The Wolf looked around and was surprised to find himself somewere else he tried to remember but failed he sighed and walked out into the larger room sitting down shortly after. He watched the people behind the glass confused on why he was here
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 11:21:18 am by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »
The Doberman sat up, slowly looking around the room. After a moment, she stood and walked out, white eyes brushing hauntigly across everyone in the room. Ignoring everyone else again, she walked over to the panel and looked it over.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 04:52:25 pm »
the fox stayed where she was, still pretending to be unconscious, carefully observing others.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 08:59:58 am »
@ Shard - (there is no glass in the room, it is wide open, the doors over the alcoves are all made of metal apparently) As you step onto the cold metal floor, the light grows just a bit brighter.

@ Sledge - As you approach on of the panels, it lights up.  A red circle appears, and across the room on the other panel, a blue square appears.

@ Jacoby - You head seems foggy.  You get the impression of something like earplugs deadening your senses, but not your hearing, you can hear just fine.

A loud hiss breaks the relative silence in the room and cool mist spews forth from around one of the closed alcove doors.  A moment later the clunking of some sort of machinery can be heard as the door swings open, revealing a black cat with a touch of something lizard-like, dressed the same as the rest of you.  At first he seems still as death, and a waft of cold air hits those who have left their alcove.  A whirr is heard and the mist flies up into the ceiling and disappears.  To all who are looking a small metal armature appears from inside the newly open alcove, a needle glints in the lighting from the main room just before it mechanically enters the side of the newcomer's neck, withdrawing completely after a brief moment.

@ Jacoby - As the newcomer's eyes flutter open, your missing sense seems to clear, there is an overwhelming sense of confusion from the newcomer (you notice his arrival from this sense even if you aren't peaking through your closed eyelids), this feeling subsides, but confusion of some level seems to pervade throughout  the room at the moment, and perhaps other emotions.

(If other players can give a little hint as to their character's emotions when the post, that will be quite useful.  At the very least when the emotion is quite strong, or if Jacoby is actively trying to determine how you feel.)

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 09:05:53 am »
The hybrid creature slowly made it way foreward, keeping it's pincers near it's body as it cautiously moved around into the open. Suspicion pervaded his simple thoughts, mixed with as much confusion as there was curiosity. Never seeing these creatures before in perticular, he kept a safe distance, his posture showed that he was a bit flighty at the moment.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 09:23:11 am »
The Doberman remained strangely emotionless as she placed a hand against the panel to see if that would activate it. As she held her hand against the panel, she looked around the room once more, noting the newcomer's presence.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:06 am »
@Sledge - As soon as you touch the panel, the door slides open with a hiss, and the panel on the opposite end makes a sharp buzzing noise and goes dark.  The room beyond the door is shrouded in darkness, but from the light in the room you are in you can make out that the room is large and there are a half a dozen rectangular objects protruding from the floor, about 7 foot by 3 foot spaced evenly throughout the room.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2014, 10:01:59 am »
The Wolf managed saying "Anybody else here?!?!" He was looking around quicker this time nobody answered he yelled again "Hello anybody here?!?!"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2014, 10:10:43 am »
The hybrid heard something he recondnised as speech. He thought a bit before articulating his crude speech. "He-low?" He crudely said, sounding drawn out and deep.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2014, 10:52:42 am »
The Wolf heard the voice and knew someone else was here too so he stayed were he was.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2014, 10:57:07 am »
i will enjoy that one's death. the Doberman thought, not realizing it was not a normal thought to have. She walked into the next room and up to one of the objects, looking it over.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 11:01:56 am »
The Wolf's eyes already adjusted and walked around noticing that the room was much bigger than he expected. He walled around exploring noticing the doberman he sneaked around her behind the square object and still in a sneaking manner stood up slowly hidden.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 11:08:13 am »
The Doberman didnt seem to notice him until he stood, at which point her disturbingly solid white eyes snapped up to meet his. Her skeletal markings didnt do anything to make her appearance less disturbing. "I would advise not sneaking up on me." Her voice was cold, devoid of emotion, and had a certain power behind it.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 11:21:01 am »
The Wolf sighed "Just seeing if they're other furs here besides me didn't mean to be that way just being cautious." He looked around not really surprised to find someone ( Got to go cya )

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »
@Sledge & @Shard - As both of you are in the 2nd room, you can make out from the light in the 1st room that the rectangular objects seem to be some sort of exam table, the surface of which seems to be made of some sort of memory foam.

Slowly a light begins to brighten in the second room and the light in the 1st room begins to dim by the same degree.  It is clear there is another door at the far end of the new room.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 03:41:00 pm »
The fox slinks out of her pod thingy and follows the pair, hesitating before she steps into the light with them... ~"they feel as confused as I do..."~she walks it the next room, stretching and yawning at a noticeable volume so she wouldn't surprise them.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 03:59:00 pm »
The spider crab carefully slinked toward the light. "He-low?..." he asked again with more conviction.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 04:50:46 pm »
"uh, hi...don't suppose you know what's going on?" she flicked her tail back and forth. it aggravated her to not know what was going on

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 05:00:17 pm »
The creature turned, quickly assessing the possible threat before calming down. "No...I don't." He said calmly as he loked around.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 05:08:51 pm »
"so...you got a name?" he looked around curiously looking for air vents.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 05:15:20 pm »
"Name?..." the spider crab asked in a fog of confusion at the question. "Ummm...no?" It seemed to ask more than say.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2014, 05:22:05 pm »
she looked back over at him and spoke up confidently "Well my name is Orange, i'm sure we will come up with something to call you."