Author Topic: The Chosen (Hybrid RP IC)  (Read 11617 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
The Chosen (Hybrid RP IC)
« on: November 15, 2014, 08:02:22 pm »
You walk home after a long day of working in the field, and kick back for a while in your humble home; a hybrid, such as you are, you are only allowed to work the fields, though you dream of mayhaps becoming a soldier or a city guard, and because of that, you're only able to afford the most "luxurious" home in the slums of whichever city you reside in. Your life could be worse, though; you're alive, you have food on the table, not to mention the fact that nobody has decided you're a monster to be killed. That doesn't mean you have furs lined up to be your mate... After some time, you fall asleep in front of your fireplace, your bed left forgotten.

Once you're asleep, you have a strange dream: a winged she-wolf, or at least her silhouette, appears to you. Her presence alone is strangely comforting. As her she starts speaking, you can feel the wisdom in her voice; she addresses you by name, then starts talking. "Do not be afraid, you are safe. You have been chosen for a very important task. In a moment, you will awaken. You will find yourself in a strange room. A set of armor made specifically for you will be waiting. Weapons have already her provided by your gods. Don your armor and Exit the room, then walk downstairs. You will find others of your type, other hybrids, in the room you enter. These will be your companions in the upcoming trials. Get to know them, as your life may depend on it. Eat and drink to your heart's content while you can. You will have limited time."

After waking up, you sit up and look around the room. The walls are dark wood panels and the floor is a slightly darker wood. Four torches sputter in the corners, feebly shedding their light on the dark warm. Against one wall is a mannequin with armor on it, and across from the room from it, against the other wall, is a washbasin full of rose-water; no doubt meant for you. You never washed yourself after working in the field. Across from the bed you're lying in is a iron banded door, likely leading to a hallway. Beside your bed to either side are windows, though all you can see outside is dark clouds with the occasional flash of lightning. Thunder rumbles as you get out of bed.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: The Chosen (Hybrid RP IC)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2014, 08:12:16 pm »
Anima quickly went to the water, smelling it curiously before going in. He laid underwater as his tentacles moved and twisted around him, rubbing the dirt off his body and absorbing some of the aromatic fluids as he climbed out. He looked the armor over, wondering how to get in it. He soon knocked the stand over and slipped some thick stingers into the chainmail, biting the bottom and pulling the stand as he slipped it off. Wrestling with it a bit before managing to put it on, the holes helped get the parts through and he put the helmet on before heading out, pausing to smell the water again.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2014, 09:19:15 pm »
Roan woke up and began washing her paws and arms in the large basin before looking around and stripping her clothes off, she carefully slid her body into the hot water with a soft content moan. after an hour or so she heard a crash in the next room and got out to dry off, at this point her fur was almost completely saturated with the scent of roses, and her fur slightly damp. After carefully looking over herself she gave herself one last rub down and ran a brush through her fur, paying special attention to her tail. She glanced at the armor with a slight contempt, it was formed more than a little effeminately. She put it on begrudgingly admitting to herself that despite the overall form of the armor, it fit like nothing other than her skin. It closely hugged her skin, but without squeezing or causing her fur to tuft out where it didn't cover. After admiring herself again and stretching and posing in a somewhat idiotic manner, she straightened her face, making it as passive as possible and stepping out of her room.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »
Syx opened his eyes and looked around. Surely enough, as the female spoke it was true. More than a little cautiously, he slithered across the floor and into the washbasin, letting the clean water flow across his skin and refresh him. After a peaceful soak, he slipped out and noted the mannequin. Chitinous pieces, shell, coral, and crab carapace, all fitted for a creature of his size and shape...most intriguing. He did as he had been bid and placed them on his body, before sliding into the hallway to investigate the sounds he heard.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2014, 10:42:30 pm »
As you step out of your rooms, you notice several things. First off, the hallway is made out of the same dark wood as the rooms. There are more torches lighting the hall with their weak flames, and every now and then, a tapestry of various warmer oranges and yellows hung between the torches, adding a bit of warmth to the dark hall. You also notice the others coming out of their rooms, hybrids like you, also looking around. Another thing you notice is a strong smell of thick spices and cooking meat and bread, along with a small hint of mead, drifting up a set of stairs at the end of the hall.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2014, 11:48:11 pm »
Rowan looked at the others for a second before a well timed growl from her stomach caused her to pay more attention to heading for the stairs. She had hardly eaten much in a few days, she had a large family and not everyone got a full plate, because she was a hybrid her plate was rarely full. She briefly wondered for a moment if that is why she was so short before a strange bittersweet smell distracted her. It was oddly familiar, but she had no clue what it was, though it smelled delicious. She made her way downstairs mouth watering.
(p.s. it's mead she smells)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2014, 01:33:28 am »
Phenn woke up strangely his dream brought him here. He saw the tub of water and instantly stripped of his clothes and washed , he thought to himself ' I can't believe I'm actually bathing'. Once he was done he saw the chain mail and cloak putting the hood over his head his wings poking out of the slits, felling like it was meant for him and him only. Phenn curiously opened the door following the scent of bread and mead. He found the room taking a peak inside to see if anybody else was there.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2014, 02:17:47 am »
The room downstairs was much different than the upstairs of the building. It was wide open and made of honey colored wood, with a long bar along one side seperating it and what was no doubt the kitchen. The room had a few tables and chairs, along with barstools along the bar itself, arrayed in it, and a giant hearth with a blazing fire and a big pot of something cookig over it, on one wall. More of the warm colored tapestries were hanging on the walls, along with a few animal hides and various horns. A small female hybrid sat near the middle of the room, slightly towards the fire, kicked back in a chair. She had a mug of mead in her hand, and her eyes were closed. At the bar was what appeared to be a wolf-dragon hybrid, also with a mug of mead, though she was perfectly alert, or at least not pretending to not be. She turned and looked over those coming down the stairs.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2014, 02:57:28 am »
Phenn stepped into the room silently, taking the hood off. He walked to a corner and sat as far away as he could from the wolf-dragon. The chair squeaked as he pulled it up to the table, Phenn surveyed the rest of the room watching everybody with much curiosity.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2014, 03:11:12 am »
Rowan walked up to the wolf dragon "hey um...I don't really care how I got here right now, I smell food, can I please have some? I'm starving"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2014, 09:07:37 am »
Anima thought it was best to follow the others. The smell of food grew stronger and he wrapped himself in his extra jellyfish appendages. He didn't speak for a bit as he entered. "Ummm...where are we?" He asked, his voice was a bit high wor a wolf of his age.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2014, 10:31:40 am »
The wolf dragoon nodded and grabbed a bowl from a stack on the bar. "It seems whomever brought us here has provided well for us. There is stew and bread aplenty cooking by the fire, and enough mead in the cellar to get a full sized dragon drunk several times over."

The small female looked up, hearing voices, and looked over the newcomers, smiling softly to herself. After a moment, her forked black tongue darted out of her mouth and back in. She nodded and stood, moving towards Anima. "Nobody knowss where we are, asss far asss I can tell. My name iss Myre." Her tongue flicked out again, quick as lightning, as she took in his scent.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:10:37 pm by Sledge »

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 11:32:47 am »
Phenn walked over and grabbed some soup and decided to sit next to the wolf-dragon. He said nothing and sat down next to her eating quietly not giving any regards that she was there, as he was usually shy.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 02:21:16 pm by Shard the wolf »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 02:34:24 pm »
he grabbed the bowl and curled her left arm around it and ate quickly with her right. Anyone who had seen this before knew it was a sign of someone used to getting their food stolen from them. She finished the bowl in less than two minutes and stared at the pot hungrily for a moment before her stomach growled again.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 02:38:02 pm »
Anima thought a bit but soon shook it off. "Thanks, I'm Anima." He said as he smelled the air a bit. "Nice to meet you." He added with a energetic nod before he scratched the area behind his ear with a paw. "How long have you been awake?" He then carefully picked up a bowl with his blue feelers and set it on the floor before eating some of the contents of the bowl, it visibly sliding down his throat and dissapearing under his clothing that hid his inner organs.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2014, 02:41:52 pm »
The dragoness laughed and gestured towards the pot. "Eat up. There's plenty, I assure you." She looked at Phenn and held out a beautiful golden scales hand. "I am equinox."

----------

Myre frowned, momentarily ruining her cute facade, then reverted to her smile again. "I haven't been awake long. Just long enough to have eaten and relaxed a little."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 02:51:05 pm »
"That's good." Anima said with a smile. "I'm sorry for...well...It's kind of obvious." He said as he looked at the floor and lied down next to his bowl. "Not much I can do about my skin."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 02:56:04 pm »
She looked up at the dragoness as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing "N-no one has ever offered me seconds before" The fabbit ran up and hugged the dragoness "thankyouthankyouthankyou" she pulled away blushing "um...my name is Rowan"
(personality did not turn out how I expected)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 03:20:21 pm »
Phenn looked over at Equinox and said" I'm Phenn I don't talk much but it's nice to meet you." He shook her hand and sat the bowl down and stretched his wings and sat back down saying "So, were do you think we are." His eyes meeting hers.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »
(Meh, that's fine.)
Equinox inclined her head to Rowan and gestured towards the food again. "A pleasure, young one. You may have overheard me telling my name to Phenn here. I am Equinox." Her gaze met Phenn's, revealing many more years than she appeared to have seen. "From the rain outside, I would say we are somewhere in the Central Kingdom. I lost track of the names long ago, they change so often, and I've been asleep for a good long time... I'm not sure how long."

----------

"It'ss fine." Myre said. "I can't blame you for ssomething you can't help."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:56 pm »
"Just like I can't for others reactions to it...I try not to eat around others." Anima guiltily said with a sigh. He drank some more from his bowl, averting his gaze. "I often keep myself from eating as a result or just try to hide it in all honesty. I don't like prickly clothes."
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 03:44:36 pm »
she grabbed another bowl and began eating "Equinox, I have a question. What is meed?"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 03:57:25 pm »
Equinox stood and moved over behind the bar, taking a mug from a counter. She walked to a barrel and opened up the valve, filling the mug, then walked back to Rowan and handed her the mug. "This, child, is mead."

----------

"Ok... The prickly clothess thing wass a bit random." Myre said. "But uh... I can leave if you want."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 04:02:35 pm »
"Oh...If you want to go that's fine, wouldn't be the first and certainly won't be the last time." Anima sadly said as he ate a bit more, but noticeably less than either times.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Coltric

• Species: Blacktip shark
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 04:05:23 pm »
Nival woke up and looked around. He went to the basin and washed himself abit. Then he went to the manneqin and took on his armor. It fited like a secound harder skin and he knocked against the chestplate. Then he put on his helmet then he went out of his room and down stairs to an large illuminated hallway where he accidently knocked an candle stand with his down. "Whoops. Sry" he said.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:32:35 pm by Coltric »