Author Topic: Keys and Locks: 1 x 1 x 1 with Wise and Blades (OOC)  (Read 1922 times)

Offline HazardJackal

Keys and Locks: 1 x 1 x 1 with Wise and Blades (OOC)
« on: December 07, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »
PREMISE:

That's a surprise, but i'll tell you this much; i'm pretty much ripping off the RP premise for the thing that Smeef made for me and Sarngier.  It will get interesting after that.

RULES:

ONE character per player.  If your character dies a horrible death for some horrible reason, I may let you use a replacement character, though they would likely be some waiting involved.

When making your character, try to play something realistic and/or practical.  That being said, I’ll allow some minor magic, though you’d have to read up on how magic works here in Teriak.  Oh, and no ninjas or mages, please.

Follow the Furtopia forum rules, Furtopia RP rules, all that jazz.  No really, go back and read up on them if you haven’t read them before.

The [C] (S) system will be in play.  [C] stands for CUT-OFF POINT whereas (S) stands for SCRIPTED EVENT.  As a player you can auto-hit all you want as long as you place a [C] in the middle of the action.  The receiving player can ether take the hit, or overturn the action and ignore it.  Please be reasonable and do not abuse this ability. A (S) scripted event can only be used by the DM, and cannot be overturned entirely.  The player’s character can resist or attempt to counter a scripted event, but the player must know that it cannot be ignored or denied entirely.

If you hold up the RP by failing to post for an extended period of time, I will take control of your character.  Said character may die while under my control, depending on the circumstances.  (An extended period of time would be about four to five days.)

Name: 
Species: (No dragons.)
Looks:
Clothing:
Weapons: (No specifics, just what type of weaponry you prefer.)
Personality:
Backstory: (Occupation/any major events from your past that you want to reveal.)
Other:

If you can't get your card up within three days of this post, i'm giving your spot to another player.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 01:38:50 am by Tren »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Re: 1 x 1 x 1 with Wise and Blades (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 11:38:42 pm »
Name: Victor Kalipin
Species: Fox
Looks: Auburn base fur with a pearl gold belly, gray eyes, various scars on his chest from fights, artificial legs and left arm covered false fur that tears easily in battle.
Clothing: Sleeveless dark leather shirt with some wear and tear, pants that match with a copper pauldron on his right shoulder and bracer on his right arm. Lapus gem in the shape of a teardrop around his neck on a black cord.
Weapons: Broadswords, also known to use throwing weapons.
Personality: Seems swarthy and all pirate-like on the outside incorporating the usual pirate jib into his vocab but on his own...is rather insecure...perhaps a bit child-like.
Backstory: Never knew his mother and his father was constantly hitting the bottle too hard, he ran away at fourteen and was recruited by pirates at fifteen where he learned most of how he fights and how to get what he wants. However at seventeen he was abducted which resulted in the event of him losing three of four limbs. Since his rescue he feels...almost sub-human for lack of a better world. After he got his artificial limbs he thanked the doctor and traveled the lands alone. Helping what random people needed helping...for a nominal fee granted they had something of worth, and of course slaying any cannibals he came across.
Other: Has an odd connection to the cheap gem around his neck.

I'll fill in the rest as I can.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 07:53:02 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 11:17:44 am »
Name: Cassandra D. Amador (Casey, Cass)
Species: Wolf (10% fox) hybrid
Looks: A dark blue fur color with the end of her tail being white. A yellow "tribal" shaped birthmark on her right cheek. Bright purple eyes. One her of canine teeth is silver. Dark purple hair with yellow highlights in it. The hairlength goes down to her mid-back. 5'10" 132 lbs.
Clothing: Grey "rogue" inspired outfit with black trim. Black cloak and blood red bracelets. Black cloak.
Weapons: One handed "machetes." Anything along the lines of a kukri.
Personality:
Backstory: Was sold into slavery as a young girl to pay off her parents' debt.
Other:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 08:07:43 am by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 04:27:54 pm »
Placeholding cards for my characters.  I'll fill them out as you meet them.

Nah, i'm just gonna throw them up there now.  Opening post is nearly done.

Opening post is done!

NAME:  Aaron Harper Rekell
RACE: Rell
SPECIES: Grey Wolf
LOOKS: Average build, five foot ten.  Standard wolf coat, grey base fur with white on the chest and belly.  Deep blue eyes.
CLOTHING: Aaron is wearing a simple vest and pants, no shirt.  He has a trilobite pendant necklace.
COMBAT: Aaron was given a trident and a bowie knife.  Aaron takes a very defensive stance in combat, trying to exploit any mistakes his opponents make.  He's good at disarming his foes using his trident.
PERSONALITY: Hard working, honorable, kind, honest.  Those are just a few words that could be used to describe Aaron.  A generally good-natured person, and a good friend.
BACKSTORY: Aaron was a fisherman from a small town who adventured with his friends on his spare time.  There isn’t much more to say than that.
OTHER: Aaron is a very merciful person, and tries to resolve conflicts without bloodshed if at all possible.
PREVIOUS ROLE-PLAYS: Flooded Metropolis, Nicknames

NAME:  Armando Ventura
RACE: Thrull
SPECIES: Bearcat
LOOKS: Strong frame, standing at five foot ten.  Jet black coat of wiry fur, black eyes.
CLOTHING: Pirate/bandit garb.  Deck coat, no shirt, tattered pants. Black tri-fold hat and a red bandana around his neck.  He has some trinkets hanging off his belt and multiple necklaces and bracelets.
COMBAT: Armando was given a battleaxe.  Armando might look like a mindless wrecking ball, but he's a smarter fighter than you'd expect.  Sure, he does rely on intimidation to a certain degree, and after that, brute force... okay fine, he is a bit brutish, but he's undoubtedly effective.
PERSONALITY: Sarcastic, gruff and insensitive.  Armando keeps up a tough uncaring mask, but he will risk life and limb for his friends at the drop of a hat.  That would be more helpful for the others if he actually considered them friends.
BACKSTORY:  Armando was a former bandit turned “pirate”/explorer who traveled with a group of of close friends.  He won’t go into much detail about his past, however.
OTHER: Armando will sometimes break character and show sympathy or mercy.  What triggers this isn't clear.
PREVIOUS ROLE-PLAYS: None

NAME:  Remigio Seastone
AGE:  He looks and acts pretty young, but his actual age is unclear.
RACE: Slake
SPECIES: Mudpuppy
LOOKS: Total height is about five foot eight, but his posture leaves him at five foot three.  Pale blue skin with some black blotches.  His gills are a pale orange.  (He isn’t slimy, just to clarify... and before you ask, yes, I do like mudkips.)
CLOTHING: Leather armor
COMBAT: Remigio was given a round shield and a flanged mace.  Remigio's combat effectiveness hinges on the moral of his friends.  If they lose hope, or he's alone, he's easy to overpower.
PERSONALITY: Naïve and sometimes very childish.  He’s not dumb, but he can be a little oblivious sometimes.  Very friendly and upbeat, willing to please.  Not good in tense situations if he doesn’t have friends with him.
BACKSTORY: Remigio was an explorer, who traveled with his best friend Mykhaila.  He claims that the two have gone on countless adventures, oftentimes with other friends.
OTHER: Remigio will try to distract himself from a bad situation with conversation.  He seems a bit insecure.
PREVIOUS ROLE-PLAYS: None

NAME:  Ghar Stilhet
RACE: Skim
SPECIES: American Marten
LOOKS:  Short fur, wiry frame; agile.  Grey base fur with white on the chest and belly.  Black eyes.  Stands at five foot five.
CLOTHING: Duster, riding boots (no spurs, obviously) and an arrowhead hat.  He’s taken special care to make sure that his clothes don’t make any noise to aid in sneaking.
COMBAT: Ghar was given a hatchet and a climbing axe.  Ghar prefers to take his opponent unaware, but it certainly able to hold his own in a fight.  He uses his agility to its fullest, and isn’t afraid to get in close.
PERSONALITY: The strong silent type.  Ghar isn't necessarily uncooperative, but he isn’t going to start the conversation.  He will speak up if he feels it’s needed, however.
BACKSTORY: Ghar was a bounty hunter.  He won’t tell any more than that.
OTHER: Ghar is always alert and scanning the area, seemingly unsure that the area is safe.
PREVIOUS ROLE-PLAYS: War Wolves, War Wolves (Reboot), Pit Fighting Season 1, Pit Fighting Season 2, Kings and Queens
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 11:33:49 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 10:29:27 pm »
If all goes well, this will be starting tonight.

EDIT: Sorry, i fell asleep, and then my computer crashed again.

UPDATE: This could start tonight.  Doubtful, but it COULD happen.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 10:08:30 pm by Tren »

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 01:38:27 am »
Posted the intro.

Posted the character cards.

I can't believe i've gotten this far.  :o

EDIT: Just realized that we only have one person here that knows any magic, and no ranged fighters.  Not like that's going to end up being a problem or anything.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 04:47:29 pm by Tren »

Offline HazardJackal

Re: Keys and Locks: 1 x 1 x 1 with Wise and Blades (OOC)
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 06:45:31 pm »
There "may" be some delays, because contrary to popular belief i DO have a life outside the internet.  Unfortunately for me that life includes homework...

It will happen, just give me some time.  (Not that you haven't already done that countless times before, without results... :P )

Offline HazardJackal

Re: Keys and Locks: 1 x 1 x 1 with Wise and Blades (OOC)
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2014, 04:32:08 pm »
I haven't forgotten about this (yet), i've just been rather busy with things outside the forums.

Again, i apologize for the delays.

EDIT: Hey, if it makes you guys feel any better, this RP has been on my mind a lot... i just haven't done any written work.

Second post is done.  At this rate i may as well have you guys take control of MY characters, as stated by my rules.  Isn't that just a fun little idea. :P
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:16:41 pm by HazardJackal »