Author Topic: The Blackest Grimoire(OOC)  (Read 8119 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: The Blackest Grimoire(OOC)
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2014, 11:50:39 am »
Are the new students supposed to know some magic already? If not, the fights might be a bit one sided. If so, I guess they did research?

well the fights are based by year
1st vs 1st 2nd vs 2nd...you get the idea

not only that but this is the biggest magical university in the country and one of the largest in the world

One does not simply walk into mor- i mean Merlin U...without knowing magic fircs
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2014, 11:51:32 am »
Well the orcs simply walk into mordor...so did Golumn
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2014, 03:49:40 pm »
Lighting is electricity, plain and simple. Our bodies move and processes things using electrical impulses. Increase the number and speed of said electrical impulses and you increase reaction time and movement. It's essentially akin to self administering an Adrenaline shot, which we know increases movement, strength, and reaction time. however instead of it affecting the whole body, It's more of a directed Adrenaline shot.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2014, 05:47:26 pm »
which is why lightning has an innate speed increase
increasing it further than it's current level is risking nerve damage, nerve failure or worse, violent spasms

keep trying
I encourage creative thinking
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2014, 11:03:37 pm »
It really depends on the amps. He could have thousands of volts and still be fine; the same idea is behind tazers and such. If he could focus the volts correctly with the minimum amount of amps, it would be possible to do so without so much as harming himself.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2014, 01:25:47 am »
I never said it wasn't adversely affecting him, but i'm not going to point out, hey look his heart's beating faster than it should. 
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2014, 04:42:59 am »
...so you WANT your character to have permanent and crippling nerve damage
i'm not allowing it under that method

I'd like you to keep your character playable, and that means not doing this...you are already default faster than any non lightning user, and they only get bursts of speed, if you can find a different way to justify it, maybe

@sledge you'd have to be a master magician in order to have that much control, we are students.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2014, 01:04:30 pm »
So... A couple more questions:

1. Is werewolf blood poisonous to vampires(if ingested)?

2. In some lore, vampire bites inject endorphins... Is that applicable?
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2014, 01:30:21 pm »
I looked up lore and it said if a vampire bites a werewolf out of form, they can become a werewolf-vampire( can also transform) hybrid. if the werewolf is in form and the vampire ingested the blood, they become more aggressive and have a aversion to moonlight. So not really poisonous but just changes the vampire's actions and possibly even turn them into a werewolf hybrid.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:34:08 pm by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »
That's one source of lore. There's many sources out there. I'd rather get the thoughts of the GM on which lore we're using.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:37:33 pm by Sledge »

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2014, 01:47:13 pm »
True dat I guess we wait for GM. Also some lore also states that both of them would die if blood was exchanged, or one of them would die (the vampire would).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:51:53 pm by Shard the wolf »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2014, 03:26:49 pm »
A vampire bite does contain endorphins, as well as a weak muscle relaxant
The muscle relaxant is too weak to work on most non supernaturals, which is why their blood is considered a delicacy

while vampire blood can be  ingested by werewolves, it isn't advised, the two viri affect similar organs and hormones, creating a medical disorder known as the moonsick.
A werewolf with moonsick will be unable to shift, their feral side  will fight them and they will either become insane, or become a feral unshifted. either way the  patient is terminal and usually lasts a maximum of 3 years.
Theoretical crosses of vampires and werewolves are possible, however the individuals immune system would have to lack protein receptors for both viri and have each virus artificially introduced into their system, There is only one case in recorded history that has not used this method and survived.

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2015, 05:13:21 pm »
Name: Hannibal Bates
Species: Polar Bear
Height: 6'11''
Weight: 180lbs
Physical looks: Appears older than he is, well groomed with clean pearly white fur. Has bright blue eyes. He is well built with size in proportion to his height.
Clothing: Black shirt, tucked into black trousers, with black shoes. When outside in the cold, a long dark trench coat.

Personality & Background: Born into a wealthy family with a long line of magicians, he was quickly introduced to magic from an early age. However growing up, he persistently failed to match the skill of his siblings, and the ambitiously high expectations of his parents. This caused his parents to become emotionally distant from him, barely seeing his father especially, seeing him as more of a boss, and he an employee, rather than father and son. Due to this he is instilled with an obstinate drive to achieve and succeed. This drive allowing him to easily gain entry to the University, but still leaving him not good enough for his parents. It is his 1st year at the University and there he comes across as calculating, cold, shy, and fairly quiet, but also kind and polite in his own way. He often appears tired, as though he has been up all night.

Magical affinity: Wind, water later? O.o
Grimoire: N/A
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 03:08:10 pm by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2015, 05:25:37 pm »
Yay! Another person has joined :) now we wait for GM approval.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2015, 07:01:18 pm »
Or AGM approval. The only thing I don't know about is the gravity thing later on...

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2015, 07:09:42 pm »
It.....interests me greatly >_>

But seeing as later spells come into play later on, It won't matter too much for now right? O.o
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2015, 02:06:18 am »
A non magical creature can't learn a tertiary It's strictly for game balance.

look at the chart, lightning+earth= crystal which means you need both of those to get crystal

which means you need lightning, fire, and wind to get gravity. Only supernatural creatures and some very special individuals are capable of more than two natures.

Good to see you bear.

Offline Jackie

• Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2015, 09:48:51 am »
That's unfortunate, I wanna be special :'(

I'm sure I'll deal with it, it just piqued my curiosity greatly ^-^

And good to see you too!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 01:58:59 pm by The bear guy »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2015, 04:30:04 am »
if you played a supernatural creature you could pick it up later game

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2015, 01:55:40 am »
A few more questions... Or rather, 2 questions and an idea I'd like to bounce off of you before I actually put it to use.

First, when it comes to sunlight, can a vamp wear kings leaves and gloves and such and be fine, or will it burn them through the clothes?

Second, where is this school? What state, I mean...

And third, the idea: can students(maybe just later year students even) have a sort of mirror or wardrobe they can walk through to go home and visit if they are from somewhere distant?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2015, 02:11:01 am »
Kings leaves? what's that?
you can be burned through most normal clothing, however there are enchantments to counter this... as you will learn soon

Sedona, Arizona

no...but I suppose you could get something made....though it wouldn't be easy...ask the right questions, right people.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2015, 02:16:10 am »
I believe kings leaves are something autocorrect came up with. It was supposed to be long sleeves.

And affirmative to all three answers.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2015, 02:53:31 am »
As a side note, when you magical creatures take a tertiary affinity your secondaries will become true affinities, right now you are combining (example) Earth and water magics to produce wood, but if you were to end up with a tertiary you'd be able to directly produce wood magic without ever breathing a word of water or earth

On another note, later when you get access to a new magic you may decide to double up on your current affinity to become even more powerful, at that point if you are of a singular element you would be the equivalent in power of a pure elemental

also, there are affinities that are not listed, play well and you may find a page of this lost magic, will you be able to cast it though? who knows?l

Lastly the later affinities you listed on your character sheet are not final, you may change your mind at any point up until you receive your next affinity, you do not need to edit your character sheet to reflect these changes, nor do you need to notify me or sledge, I actually only asked for this because I wanted to make sure you understood the way affinities interact

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2015, 01:02:53 am »
Alright, so, another question(these'll likely keep occurring...): can vampires eat normal food/drink normal drinks? If so, can they get anything from it, or would it be more of a social thing?

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2015, 02:53:27 am »
They can, but it's empty calories. Normal food (aside from things like rare steak, liver, blood pudding) won't process properly in their body, it's like how humans can't process cellulose.