Author Topic: Keys and Locks (1 x 1 x 1 IC)  (Read 1818 times)

Offline HazardJackal

Keys and Locks (1 x 1 x 1 IC)
« on: December 12, 2014, 01:37:33 am »
It is a large square room, carved out of bedrock.  There is a large pillar in the center of this room, going from the floor up to the ceiling, which curves into a dome at the top.  Centered at each of the four walls is a large door, each wide enough to fit ten men shoulder to shoulder.  Each of these doors has large letters carved into them, an ancient language few know how to read.  There are six people in this room, each with their back to the pillar.  There is a wolf, a mudpuppy, a fox, a second wolf, a marten and a bearcat.  Above each of these people is a weapon on a rack.  Above the wolf is a trident and a knife; above the mudpuppy there is a small flanged mace and a round shield; above the fox is a large two-handed sword; above the second wolf is a kukri; above the martin is a hatchet; above the bearcat is a battleaxe.  The Marten is the first to rise from their sleep.  He snaps awake and looks around rather frantically, as this was certainly not where he went to sleep last.  He finds the weapons on the rack behind him and takes them.  He then notices that there are other people, also waking up.  Not knowing what else to do and trying to play it safe, he sits back down and waits for someone else to make a move.

(Excuse the sloppy writing, I just wanted this post to HAPPEN.  You may intro now...)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:09:16 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
Re: Keys and Locks (1 x 1 x 1 IC)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 11:38:14 am »
Cassandra woke up with a daze. She had no time to yawn as she felt the uncomfortable pillar behind her and the cold, still air. She slowly leaned off the pillar as she pressed her hands against her back to comfort it. "Where am I? How did I get here? Am I in danger," Casey thought as she looked around the room to see a couple others around her. She looked up to see the ceiling but more importantly, a kukri on a rack above her head. She slowly stood up, looking at the other unconscious figures before grabbing the kukri. Turning back around, she noticed the giant doors. Seeing this as some sort of trap with no memory of how she got here, she continued to look over the figures, hoping that when they woke up, they were friendly. She hasn't noticed the Marten yet as she is still in deep thought trying to figure out what exactly happened before she woke up here.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:08:27 am »
Victor opened his eyes to see the rather bleak room "Aye...this not me seaside shack. Why can't I hear the crash o' the waves?" He felt above him and noticed the weapon rack and the large sword. "That's not what I put on me bookshelf..." He felt himself start to panic inside "Where I be?" he said to himself, completely disregarding the others around him awake or otherwise.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 03:45:19 pm »
If Casey were to examine the kukri she had just picked up, she would find it to be of remarkable quality, and intricately designed.

The sword above Victor is also of impressive build, and has a sort of unnatural feel to it, like there's more than meets the eye.

The martin notices Casey is awake and observes her actions, trying to get a read on the situations of the others.  He aims to get as much information about his situation before having to interact with the others.

The wolf wakes soon after the fox.  He yawns and rubs his eyes to discover that he was not where he had fallen asleep at home.  Looking to his sides he finds a mudpuppy to his left and a bearcat to his right, neither of which he had ever seen before.  Dumbfounded with his situation, he speaks, almost absentmindedly, at a complete loss as of what was going on.

[Wolf, groggy]: Where... am i..?

The bearcat comes to slowly at first, but upon finding himself misplaced, he snaps awake with a growl.   He scrambles to his feet, eyeing and grabbing the battleaxe on the wall half way through doing so.  He backs into one of the corners of the room, clearly ready for a fight.

The mudpuppy stirs in his sleep, not entirely awake yet.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 07:15:34 pm by HazardJackal »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 12:51:08 am »
Victor clutched the sword in his left hand, looking around the room. It was now fully setting in that this wasn't his cozy little shack by the seaside. "No...no, no...he said to himself, his eyes darting around in panic. "Where's all me books, me oak chest o' booty, me soft bed by da wood stove?" He put his other hand on the sword, beginning to feel the mastery of it's craftsmanship. He then smiled a little "Well...once I get meself out of here I know whar tis lovely blade be goin'..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 09:38:07 pm »
Casey looked at the kukri she had picked up and was intrigued, but only for a moment as she looked over to the bearcat that was acting ready for a fight. She sighed as she put it over her shoulder and looked at him, unimpressed with his stance and his lack of focus. "That might not be the best option for you bearcat. As you can see we're trapped here just like you are. If we were the ones responsible for your capture then you would be tied up, no?" Casey chuckled at the end of her statement, shaking her head as she now looked over to Victor. "Calm it fox. Like I said to the bearcat, we're in this together. Don't get ideas," she said as she began to observe around the room, but not without keeping the corners of her eyes within view of the already two aggressive prisoners.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 08:26:56 pm »
The bearcat yells back at Casey, obviously not amused with her commentary.  Sure her point made sense in any normal circumstance, but you wouldn't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that whatever this was, it was not a normal circumstance.

[Bearcat, angry]: Well somebody seems to be making assumptions!  Expect me to be some sorta meathead just cause i'm big and i can mop the floor with ya-but nooo, you just go right on and tease me, knowing that you could get away with it just cause yer a lady, an i'm gentlemanly enough to show some basic chivalry!

The bearcat's yelling has woken the mudpuppy, who doesn't seem very concerned by much of anything at the moment, showing only curiosity as of how he got here.

[Mudpuppy, confused, at nobody in particular]: This... isn't where i went to sleep.  [He starts looking around, noticing Victor]  Hey, do you know where we are?

The wolf has gotten up now, seemingly oblivious of the yelling not far from where he's standing.  He sees the trident and takes it off its mount; upon observing it he seems to have become lost in the intricate designs running down the shaft, ending with a remarkable three-pronged head which was unlike anything he had ever seen.

The marten continues to observe the unfolding situation, waiting to introduce himself until whatever initial panic there is has worn off.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 12:46:58 am »
Victor disregarded Casey for the moment, looking at the mudpuppy. "Ayee....I wish I knew Matey..." he said, seeming to be in a bit of a haze. He looked back at Casey "Also, ye needn't worry lassie...I want to get out of here and get home as much as ye does..."