Author Topic: The Blackest Grimoire (IC)  (Read 18937 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: The Blackest Grimoire (IC)
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2014, 11:42:59 pm »
Shade glanced around the room, watching each person or furson she saw for a few seconds each. The faint sounds of beating hearts made her mouth water, so she stood and walked to the counter to buy what would likely be cow blood. Human blood could be so expensive; not that she didnt have the money. She noticed a slight scent of werewolf as Sven stood and left, stirring the air. (I would assume this college woud have at least some kind of blood for vampiric students?)

(well seeing as how people are allowed to have sex because cubi...yes)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2014, 12:01:54 am »
(Lol true) Sven realized he left one of his books at the table that he needed. He walked back into the cafeteria finding his book that he left. He also decided to buy a energy drink to get him threw the rest of the evening. He sat back down at another table feeling more comfortable, instead of in the hallway.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2014, 12:33:40 am »
Shade took the packet of blood she'd bought and sat down again, once more away from everyone. She elongated her fangs and bit into it, draining the package quickly. Satisfied for the moment, she noted the smell of wrrewolf had returned. She gave Scen a look from under her hood that said she knew, then looked back down and wrinkled her nose in slight disgust.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2014, 12:51:02 am »
Sven noticed that someone was watching him. He glanced back to see Shade and thought "Somebody knows something they shouldn't." He took his necklace of and stuffed it in his backpack trying to keep the secret from anybody else. He finished his drink and threw the can making it in the trash can, he smiled at his success. He then went back to reading.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2014, 12:23:17 pm »
Altius smirked and walked over to shade. "You know, it's much cheaper to have human cattle, plus you have a vary in the flavor of the blood."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 01:33:13 pm »
(BTW goal here is to move towards a time skip for the assessment...it kinda seemed like you guys were a little unsure of where to go)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2014, 01:43:50 pm »
"Who says I don't?" Shade asked, glancing up at him. "I don't like to drag them around."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2014, 02:30:16 pm »
"I say you don't, but come find me after the assessment. We'll talk more then." Altius began to walk off. "See you around...Shade"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2014, 02:44:27 pm »
"Great..." Shade muttered. "He knows my nickname." i wonder how much else he knows... she stood and grabbed her pack, then started down the hall towards the assessment.

(I'm ready to skip now, if everyone else is.)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2014, 07:12:13 pm »
Sven checked his phone, he hopped up startled at how much time passed. He fast walked down to the assessment ready for what was to come. He checked his pack finding the necklace and put it on, he checked his time again speeding up.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2014, 07:34:04 pm »
(judging from the way that everyone has worded their posts i'm going to assume we are ready, right-o timeskip!)

You all follow throngs of students to the stadium, after all, everyone loves a good fight. The stadium is made up of one gigantic gem of some sort, cloudy and cracked walls loom above. Crystals can store magical energy and as such are excellent for spell focuses and anti-magic barriers...which is for the best here considering the fierce duels that take place during assessment, not only that, but the stadium is also used for dueling competitions against other schools...the choice sport of the magical world. A huge section is set aside for the students set aside to duel today, but the rest of the stadium is all spectator. The field is a variety of terrain, gravel, boulders, sand, a small river running through the center, various trees and shrubs dot the area and the ground is fairly uneven. It's  like a real forest down there. In the center there is a small clear area, a large quartz rock where Jacoby and his opponent are facing stepping up and waiting for the gong.

(i'm going first just so I can demonstrate a few different spell types, sledge would you mind puppeteering my opponent? Earth, Fire, Lava)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 08:15:57 pm »
Sven sat down, watching duel that was about to take place,He took out his phone checking the time. He closed his eyes, spite the noise he feel asleep he thought "Bad idea staying up before something important." He slept until it was his turn.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2014, 08:27:28 pm »
(Not sure how you want combat to go... I'll see what I can do, though.)

Shade sat in one of the seats in the farthest back row, in the darkest area she could find. She checked to make sure no one was watching her before she took off her hood, letting her long black hair flow out.

When the gong rung, jacoby's foe jumped backwards off of the slab, and muttered a quick sentence. As she looked up with a smirk, whatever it was that he did took hold, and seemed to do... Well, nothing. The opponent winked at jacoby and watched him carefully to see his next move; something was up. The opponent seemed a little too confident in her seemingly innefective spell.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2014, 08:38:05 pm »
On the starting gong Jacoby lept off the platform "blast step" (keyword cast) the ground under his feet exploded under him propelling him into the air for him to throw A pair of fireballs from above

(Not really sure what there is to be unsure about, act, react. could you specify your concerns)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 12:53:32 am »
Sven woke up and watched,noting the different terrain that he could use to his advantage. He layed back in his chair and enjoyed the entertainment while it lasted. He knew that most likely Jacoby was going to win or atleast put up a good fight.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 10:53:44 am »
Altius manages to show up late, as usual. Spying Sven from earlier he went and sat next to him. "So how's that paper coming along?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 11:05:02 am »
Sven smiled seeing him and said "It's doing ok at the moment, I finished most of it." He watched a little longer and said "Are you nervous?, I mean everybody is watching us today." He felt like throwing up at the thought of possibly messing up bad in front of the whole college.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 11:35:51 am »
"Eh" was all the Altius replied with complimenting it with a shrug. "I really don't care much, i know my limits....sort of.. So you haven't seen the Vampire Queen from earlier have you?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2014, 11:44:29 am »
Shade watched as the guy from before sat with the werewolf. She scowled and shook her head. so much for talking more after the assessment. He'll smell like werewolf.

"Volcano hide."(Keyword cast) The opponent muttered, stone forming plates over her, and the gaps between being filled with magma. The fireballs splashed off of her armor. "Shatterblast." (Keyword cast.) she lifted her stone covered hand, directing a blast of stone shards at Jacoby.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 05:36:15 pm »
Sven frowned "I didn't know she was vampire I'd rather stay away from her." He smirked "my wolf side and her kind don't exactly get along well." He watched the fight and layed back in his chair thinking some more.He didn't really care anymore if people knew his secret.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2014, 09:14:01 pm »
He  put his arms in front of himself to  cast as he was falling "wind scythe, blast step, blast push" A heavy gust of wind shot from his palms redirecting the stones just enough for them to barely miss, he swung his arms behind and a simultaneous blast step and push (blast step is foot only, blast push is the palm variant) propelling him towards his opponent.  "Detonation strike!"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #46 on: December 17, 2014, 10:06:04 pm »
"It was easy to pick up." Altius looked around and spied her. "There she is, ill let you get back to focusing on the fight."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: December 17, 2014, 10:34:59 pm »
Sven smiled and said "Cool,cya then I guess." He continued watching, he pulled his phone out checking his texts. He put it away and sighed not wanting anymore school work for the rest of the year.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2014, 11:24:19 pm »
Shade rolled her eyes as Altius spotted her, then put her hood up, part of her hair covering the left side of her face. "Do I know you?" She asked as he approached.

"Magma jet, onyx razor, molten rift" the foe said, propelling herself backwards, generating a sword of sorts from onyx in her hand, and creating a lava filled crevasse between them. She held her hands out to her sides in a fairly universal gesture: "come at me, bro." (Yes, I had to.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2014, 01:21:10 am »
He punched the air in front of him, throwing him back and landing before blast stepping to the other side of the arena grasping his left wrist in front of his right hand and holding the pair out in front of him.
"Gale storm" A heavy  wind pushed back at her, making it more difficult to advance towards Jacoby
"Crumpled embers flicker
a thousand possessions become a million ashes
the lick of a flame
the great consumer
an infernos caress
crackle and spark
ignite infinity
burn into the fabric of the earth
book of embers!
Char!
WHIP OF THE SINGED! " (full incantation)
A long rod of fire stretched from his left hang falling in a coil around him, setting the ground it touched on fire.