furry arts discussion > fursuits, plushies, and costuming

Home-Made Fursuit?

<< < (2/2)

Chaz_wolf:
Agreed,

There is 2 hard parts to every home-made fursuit..
1, the price for the fur.
2, getting started.

Its not as hard as it looks, also if anyone wants a suit made.. I only charge for the fur itself.. or if you have the fur I will put it togehter for free..

Also I make tails for $15.00 + shipping..
And ears for $5.00 + Shipping.
Other body parts on request.

Your folfy
Chaz

BabyTiger:
I am currently making my personal fursuit. MAterial cost for me was really cheap cause i got the fabric at a really great discounted price. So my whole suit is going to cost me just under 30$ canadian to make. Making it is not too hard. I am machiene sewing it and using templates from pants and t-shirts to lay out the pieces. I guess its easier to create a fursuit if you have a sketch to work off of. I kinda did a sketch of my suit and how i wanted it to look so i can lay out the markings and patterns. It has helped me out I hope that you have alot of fun creating the suit!

NeokaiTiger:
Thanks for the help, It came in handy. Because I am in boarding school it is hard for me to get money and access to shopping, but I can order things online....hopefully o.O.

My school is going to make me the mascot, its not exactly a white tiger but any way I can get involved with fursuiting is okay with me!

Chaz_wolf:
I will post a few basic fursuit patten later today.
Just trying to find a way to fit them on the scanner.. ??

It helps to have a drawing / idea to work from when making your fursuit..

Also if you have an old pair of shorts/ t-shirt, that fit you well.
You can use them as a patten or as lining for your fursuit..

I hand sew all my fur items, even though I have 2 sewing machines.. I hate the machines...
I find I sew better by hand.. but have been hand sewing fursuits / plushes for over 10 years now..

I find that fur can jam up machines.. and they dont sew leather right either..

I made the mascot for my school.. a wolf..

Glad to help.
If you want to know more, just ask.

Chaz

Kattywampus:
Well, I've decided that I'll draw out actual patterns for the next suit I'm working on.  It's a chibi dragon! I'll be sure to post them here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version