Author Topic: Let's players  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Venya

• Species: Lion
  • I am who I am
  • Female
    • my youtubes!
Let's players
« on: June 26, 2015, 02:41:21 pm »
I am one myself so I thought I put up a vid here.

This is L4d2 with mods and such. it was once a livestream I think but I had like two versions of it. So I put the sound on one from another to this one. So it sounds off but its the original as well.
Me and Freinds screaming!

This one is loud! I am warning you now it is very loud. but its the game Starwhal which by the way is a very fun game. XD its me and my roommate.
Stawhal makes us loud.

So yeah are you one? what do you play? got any advice for someone who is new or just starting? want me to follow/subscribe?
Always looking for art for me and my friend. Together would be great. I will give credit of course. <3

Offline Doc

• Species: Fox
  • Waffles are the best!
  • Male
Re: Let's players
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 02:10:23 am »
My little brother plays Borderlands Pre Sequel on my channel. I play COD Advanced Warfare, and other stuff. I just play the game and speak my thoughts.
Avatar by my best friend Taivana.

"Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling a pig in the mud. After a few hours, you realize they like it." -unknown.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 06:29:31 am »
I occasionally do a Twitch stream of me gaming to entertain friends. I play all sorts of games that don't have a long or complex plot - I can only play for three hours at most before my nerve issue plays up and my voice gives out. It's been a few months since I've done one though as I've been dealing with IRL things.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 11:45:31 pm »
I've considered a hearthstone let's play but I'm both really lazy and don't have much time during the week.
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2015, 12:26:33 pm »
I played hearthstone enough to win a horse for Warcraft, but not much since. It's
an interesting game though.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 09:59:25 pm »
Never been a big fan of Let's Plays. I'm not a fan of the "Why experience an interactive medium when you can watch somebody else do it!" mentality. Makes no sense to me.

The only exception is the FNAF series, but that was more of a "How much more of a trainwreck could this possible be?"scenario.

Offline photalysis

• Species: SynthServal
  • L·I·A·R
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 02:15:22 am »
I watch LPs to keep on top of new releases since I can't afford a modern gaming rig. I view the phenomenon as a form of games journalism. I've learned about a lot of good indie titles just by them showing up in my feed.

Some games naturally lend themselves to a shared experience. LPs are also a good source of tips and strategies, listening to commentaries of roguelike(likes) like FTL or DCSS has got me way further than I would have ever gotten on my own! I would actually rather watch someone play Dwarf Fortress than play it myself due to mod/hack and system resource micromanagement.

I think Let's Players get a bad rap because of overly hammy youtubers like PewDiePie. Markiplier is kind of the upper limit on the ham that I'll tolerate.

Matt/Pat and SplatterCat are two channels that keep the jokes low-key and focus on good footage. Good evening viewing!
a.k.a. Tuvoi ->◊<-

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 05:00:53 pm »
I played hearthstone enough to win a horse for Warcraft, but not much since. It's
an interesting game though.

Oh, what?! Old Rabbit! You dealin' and playin' the cards?! That's awesome! I stopped a few months ago, got bored of it, but I squeezed as many worgen-based cards as I could into my decks. :P :D

Never been a big fan of Let's Plays. I'm not a fan of the "Why experience an interactive medium when you can watch somebody else do it!" mentality. Makes no sense to me.

I hear you. Watching video games is not for everyone.
I personally love it! I watch speed-runners though, not let's-players. It's similar, but I watch people play games at a really high caliber of skill.
Or I'll watch professional e-sports games once and a while.

What keeps me interested the most is the personalities playing the game, not so much the game itself. :)
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 09:58:46 pm »
What keeps me interested the most is the personalities playing the game, not so much the game itself. :)

I can agree with that for sure.

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 08:03:06 am »
i only watch lets plays to get an idea of what the game is like (then buy it) or just as entertainment (mostly horror games) (on games i know i will not get)

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2015, 05:57:57 pm »
or just as entertainment (mostly horror games) (on games i know i will not get)

Right, but like I said. It's an interactive medium that's entertainment is supposed to be spawned from player interactivity and the connections that player makes with the world around them. You're missing the interactive part if you're watching somebody else experience it. It's not scary that way. What do you have if your horror game isn't scary?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 11:56:42 pm »
or just as entertainment (mostly horror games) (on games i know i will not get)

Right, but like I said. It's an interactive medium that's entertainment is supposed to be spawned from player interactivity and the connections that player makes with the world around them. You're missing the interactive part if you're watching somebody else experience it. It's not scary that way. What do you have if your horror game isn't scary?
Less heart palpitations?

I don't find scary games scary. So I don't play them. I watch other people play them to see their reactions, for the (free) humour value.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline photalysis

• Species: SynthServal
  • L·I·A·R
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2015, 12:11:17 am »

Watching people react to spooks is a form of entertainment all its own. It's doubly hilarious because I can completely relate. It's highly unsettling to be thrust into the pilot seat of a good horror game. It feels so much more tense than just watching things happen to a movie protagonist. It's pretty great beating a horror game and watching someone else go into hysterics at the same points I did, too.
a.k.a. Tuvoi ->◊<-